2022.6: Gaining new insights!

I don’t fully understand what you posted. I only use mqtt_room and nothing else for mqtt in my configuration file so I don’t understand why I get the warning if mqtt_room is not affected. If it is not affected why would I have to “convert all the mqtt platform” and what does that really mean? There’s some details that I need explained to understand.

MQTT change is deprecation. Nothing should break yet. It is a warning not an error.

Right. But I want to have everything setup for the new format so that when there is a breaking change it’s already set. I still don’t understand why I get the warning if mqtt_room doesn’t show a new format and mqtt_room is the only mqtt sensor I have in my configuration.

I see now,

Is this correct?

Nothing about .2 in the ‘Release Notes’

You probably need to assign defaults… there has been a warning about it since Sept. and it was fully implemented in this version:

Updating Templates with the new default values in 2021.10.x

Where do you see this?

On https://www.home-assistant.io/

update just came live… :wink:

1 Like

I was implying are you sure there is no other platform: mqtt anywhere else you have missed or forgotten to update. Otherwise, try a restart of HA and see if the warning still shows up.

As for me, I thought I got them all, but for got to update the file in my packages folder.

1 Like

There is a regression with the frontend caching Fix history charts not auto refreshing with cached history by bdraco · Pull Request #12873 · home-assistant/frontend · GitHub

1 Like

That was it. I forgot about an mqtt sensor in my packages folder that I had copied and pasted from someones post a few years ago. Thanks.

Completely breaks my MariaDB , it just will not migrate rolled back and tried multiple times now

Open an issue with logs and error messages, otherwise we can’t help. MariaDB is working fine here.

Same here.

And here Maria is also fine…

I like the Compare in Energy dashboard. But I would LOVE to have a simple and reliable BACKUP/IMPORT of energy measurement data.

I know you can do full backup, but it would be awesome to have backup/import only for the energy measurements in case something goes wrong

1 Like

Yes. Just like the template integration was a few releases ago.

Which breaking change do you mean!? I don’t think you’re talking about the legacy template configuration format, but I can’t find the other template integration related breaking change you might mean… so I can’t help but freak out a little.

I don’t like still having a bunch of legacy templates in my config, but changing all of these would be a lot of work.

Yes. I was simply saying that mqtt config looks a lot like template config now to draw the comparison to something familiar.

Nothing has changed about the status of the legacy template format. The new format is encouraged, both are still supported, there is no planned end date for support of the legacy format.

2 Likes

After the update to 2022.6.2 my ZigBee connector doesn’t work:

Setup erneut versuchen: [Errno 2] could not open port /dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2435921-if00: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2435921-if00’

What did I tried:
HA Restarted
VM restarted
unRAID restarted
Hardware shuted down, turned on