2022.6: Gaining new insights!

Same here.

And here Maria is also fineā€¦

I like the Compare in Energy dashboard. But I would LOVE to have a simple and reliable BACKUP/IMPORT of energy measurement data.

I know you can do full backup, but it would be awesome to have backup/import only for the energy measurements in case something goes wrong

1 Like

Yes. Just like the template integration was a few releases ago.

Which breaking change do you mean!? I donā€™t think youā€™re talking about the legacy template configuration format, but I canā€™t find the other template integration related breaking change you might meanā€¦ so I canā€™t help but freak out a little.

I donā€™t like still having a bunch of legacy templates in my config, but changing all of these would be a lot of work.

Yes. I was simply saying that mqtt config looks a lot like template config now to draw the comparison to something familiar.

Nothing has changed about the status of the legacy template format. The new format is encouraged, both are still supported, there is no planned end date for support of the legacy format.

2 Likes

After the update to 2022.6.2 my ZigBee connector doesnā€™t work:

Setup erneut versuchen: [Errno 2] could not open port /dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2435921-if00: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ā€˜/dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2435921-if00ā€™

What did I tried:
HA Restarted
VM restarted
unRAID restarted
Hardware shuted down, turned on

Tried to upgrade to 2022.6.2 (migrating from 2022.3.3)

ISY not reporting status updates. Verified with wireshark that updates were making it over, but nothing in logs even with debug enabled. Turn on a light and the status returns to off, read only values like battery % show unknown.

ElkM1 Climate not being parsed due to reported JSON issue

Denon AVR error reporting volume (not numerical value)

Please open an issue on github

There is already an issue open for elkm1 here elkm1 unable to serialize to JSON for climate entities Ā· Issue #72981 Ā· home-assistant/core Ā· GitHub

Regarding the 2022.6: Gaining new insights! - Home Assistant

Also new: The logbook can now show device events too! This is helpful for entity-less logs, like device events of button presses. deCONZ, [ā€¦] added support for this new feature.

While Iā€™m seeing this at the device pageā€¦

ā€¦it seems to be impossible to see those in the regular logbook card (where we only can select entities to be shown). ā€œWorks as designedā€ or ā€œsomethingā€™s coming later probablyā€?

In the ā€œOther Noteworthy Changesā€ section it says

• The ā€œPreload Cameraā€ setting shown on every camera feed has been moved! It is now part of the entity settings, preventing unintentional toggling.

I canā€™t seem to find where it has moved to. Any ideas?
(Using the GUI) goto Settings->Devices & Services->Entities(tab) and click on my camera.my_camera there is nothing there related to pre-loading. I should add that camera.my_camera does not have a unique_id as my camera integration does not support one.

So does the device exist in the filesystem?

The logbook card does not yet support devices. The underlying api does though so it could be added to the frontend without any core changes. It likely could support areas as well in the future

1 Like

Did you get an explanation? Iā€™ve just upgraded and am confused what I can remove from my config.

I have a google_calendars.yaml file with several calendars configured, some of which are using the search function to make a sensor for a particular recurring event. Is this what is not working for you now?

is the intent of this update to delete this entire file? or just the client id and secret? instructions unclear

@bdraco Is it correct to assume that clustering and filtering was removed from the logbook page during this upgrade?

It seems every single event is displayed now. On one hand, I prefer this, as clustering/filtering was a bit unpredictable, on the other hand the signal-to-noise decreased when you have ever-changing entities like the datetime sensor or motions sensorsā€¦

Best feature:

When creating scenes, it creates those scenes based on the state of a whole device (including all of its entities). However, what if you want to add a specific entity to a scene and not the entire device?

Well, now you can!

I am getting the same issue and havenā€™t seen any improvement on it.

Yes everything is visible now that doesnā€™t have a unit of measurement or state class unless you exclude it with a filter

1 Like

So what needs to be tweaked for this: frontend?

Something weird is going on here. Due to, or probably just a coincedence, my esp device cannot be read by HA anymore.

If i delete the esp device and re-add it, it will work just 1 or 2 times, and than stops working. See screenshot. When i check logs, it reports the distance, but looks like HA is not accepting the connection or something?