2022.6: Gaining new insights!

Just updated to 2022.6 to find out my database server is to old, apparently it does not support old versions of MariaDB anymore. I looked into the breaking changes but it seems not listed there.

This might appear in your logs too:

Version 5.5.68 of MariaDB is not supported; minimum supported version is 10.3.0. Starting with Home Assistant 2022.6 this prevents the recorder from starting. Please upgrade your database software

@frenck shouldn’t this be added to the breaking changes section as it makes recorder and its dependancies fail to start?

1 Like

Its in the breaking change section of the 2021.11 release notes here: 2021.11: Icon picker, device links and entity categories - Home Assistant under Recorder / Databases

Edit: Its in the breaking changes for recorder for this version as well.

The recorder now refuses to set up if the database dialect is unsupported or if the database dialect is supported, but the version is too old.

Edit: Here are the supported options architecture/0018-supported-databases.md at d1639d2c8b1ac697aa95d2177d1db2cac0cf2f97 · home-assistant/architecture · GitHub

Hmmm, I did not look that far back and can not remember seeing a depreciation warning in the logs. Than again, I don’t look at them that often when my stem just runs w/o issues. Need to do some upgrading then, if to find out what my options are :face_with_monocle:

I have said it before, so I am repeating myself, but a page that showed all upcoming deprecations would be a useful reminder. Procrastination is an awful thing. One could easily have read that in Nov 2021 and thought “I must do something about that in the next 6 months”. A web page where one could go and tick stuff off would be useful.

9 Likes

Please add the supported options link to the breaking changes item. It might save other searching for it. :face_with_monocle:

An upcoming depreciations feature for your instance somewhere in the system menu would be awesome! #feature-requests

1 Like

I also have the same problem. When I open the Logbook from the side menu it is empty and after a while it starts to populate slowly with events as they occur. If however I go to the Integrations page for a device I can see all its events that are missing from the main Logbook.

I do have some domains and entities disabled in recorder.yaml but still have most of them enabled.

My logs don’t show anything that may help, certainly no messages as posted by @EmnaX

What HA Version?

It’s fixed in 6.1 release

not here: updating to 2022.6.1 stopped my live logbook stream.

even the reload button doesnt work, and I have to navigate away and back again (or reload the view ) to see the new state changes…

Nick (Koston), there are so many open/closed issue now related to Logbook, I dont know where to post, and not sure I need to open yet another one…

1 Like

Yes, 6.1 fixes the problem, thanks!

That’s unexpected since all the changes in .1 were for the database access and there weren’t any for the live processor. The reload button isn’t active when the live stream is connected, that is expected.

Probably best to open a new one.

1 Like

I agree that the release notes are a bit vague. Adding support for the Local API is in the works, however this will require quite some time, since all developers working on Overkiz integration are busy.

For now you can use the Overkiz integration (via another cloud API than the deprecated), which already works for many months without any issues. The local API will still have its limitations, for example not all devices (e.g. climate) are supported.

1 Like

Issue Live Logbook at Live Logbook stopped being live · Issue #72963 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

seems Ive stumbled onto something really odd: live logbook is ok, until I say something to Google and command any of the entities connected over GH/Cloud.

also seeing a frontend error on each live row

I feel like I’m doing something wrong…
(arrows show 2022.5 and 2022.6)

Cannot say that I am happy with a fix for history-graph in HA 2022.6.1.

Before 2022.6:
изображение

изображение

In 2022.6:
изображение
изображение

In 2022.6.1:
изображение
изображение

As for me the initial design was much better: do NOT display a name if only one sensor is present.
Or make it customizable.

2 Likes

Could have put some warnings that the minimal mariaDB version was 10.3 !!!

How could they fail to indicate this in the release information !???

How useless is a deprecation warning being shown 8 months earlier and not when it’s actually deprecated?

3 Likes

I see a SMALL improvement in 2022.6.1, unfortunately.
My case.

And graphs are not updating realtime, only after F5.
There is an issue for this: history-graph card doesn't auto update with new values since 2022.06.0 · Issue #12859 · home-assistant/frontend · GitHub