2022.6: Gaining new insights!

yeah, I have those too.

it’s a bit surprising we have the use (percent) and free, for both disk and memory, but don’t have a _total on those.

But, I think that has always been the case on system monitor. It hasn’t though in the supervisor pages. at least iirc. Which might be completely off :wink:

what dev version are you on? Odd that your mini-graph is working. I’m on 6/3.

IIRC, I calculate the total

Ive installed 2022.7.0.dev20220607 seriously

ago :wink:

this is the plot: template I use:

plot:
  template: plot_config
  custom_fields:
    plot:
      card:
        type: custom:mini-graph-card
        entities:
          - >
            [[[ return entity.entity_id; ]]]

plot_list:
  template: plot_config
  custom_fields:
    plot:
      card:
        type: custom:mini-graph-card
        entities: >
          [[[ return variables.plot_entities; ]]]

plot_config:
  custom_fields:
    plot:
      card:
        group: true
        points_per_hour: 1
        hour24: true
        line_color: var(--primary-color)
        line_width: 10
        hours_to_show: 24
        update_interval: 600
        show:
          name: false
          icon: false
          state: false
          legend: false
          average: false
          extrema: false
          labels: false
          fill: false
          labels_secondary: false
          name_adaptive_color: false
          icon_adaptive_color: false

Are you using system monitor to get your cpu temps? I have HA OS setup on a Nuc and it never returns my processor_temp…only processor_use.

I’m wondering if I broke something in lovelace gen, been like 2 years since I touched my UI though… it just adds crap for me

- platform: command_line
    name: CPU Temperature
    command: "cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone3/temp"
    unit_of_measurement: "°C"
    value_template: '{{ value | multiply(0.001) | round(1) }}'
1 Like

couldn’t help you there, I never ventured the lovelace-gen route

I’m not looking for help, just wondering if it’s something that I broke. I don’t see any issues on MGC, and you don’t see this on the dev version… so it must be me. I did alter my generic sensor card a week ago, so it’s probably that.

It’s all about spending some time and make things the way, you want it…

Enough info here :wink:

1 Like

interestingly enough I use this:

- platform: command_line
    name: Cpu temp (read)
    command: >
      read -r val </sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp;echo ${val}
    value_template: >
      {{value|multiply(0.001)|round(1)}}
    unit_of_measurement: °C

supposed to be just that bit more efficient, it was discussed here:

1 Like

Similar problems were described here:

They were solved by reboot.
Someone had to reboot their hosts; I have not experienced these problems - probably because I am using HA in Docker & native mysql, and due to my current tests I reboot HA sometimes once per day.

1 Like

Thank you :blush: I removed my login info from my configuration file and it works fine now thanks again.

Not sure if this was already mentioned… The realtime logbook scrolling is cool. BUT - We need a way to pause it. It is incredibly annoying to try to read it when it keeps scrolling.

I think the way to do that is to select a future date for the end time (not in a position to test this).

Just to be sure about 2022.6 changes using MQTT/device_tracker for presence detection:

Now that MQTT device trackers are defined under MQTT and not the platform device_tracker, we can no longer use consider_home parameter to delay state change to not_home. Correct?

One effect of this is defining a device under MQTT/device_tracker means its state is unknown until an MQTT message/payload is received.

Hello, I am no longer able to open my blinds after 2022.6 update:

Logger: homeassistant.components.automation.open_blinds_in_the_morning
Source: components/number/__init__.py:72
Integration: Automation (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 7:00:00 AM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 7:00:00 AM

OPEN blinds in The morning: Error executing script. Unexpected error for device at pos 1: Value 100.0 for LUMI lumi.curtain.acn002 f8493e00 analog_output is outside valid range 0 - 0.0
While executing automation automation.open_blinds_in_the_morning
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 447, in _async_step
    await getattr(self, handler)()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 688, in _async_device_step
    await device_action.async_call_action_from_config(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/device_automation/action.py", line 77, in async_call_action_from_config
    await platform.async_call_action_from_config(hass, config, variables, context)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/number/device_action.py", line 62, in async_call_action_from_config
    await hass.services.async_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1704, in async_call
    task.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1741, in _execute_service
    await cast(Callable[[ServiceCall], Awaitable[None]], handler.job.target)(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 204, in handle_service
    await service.entity_service_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 680, in entity_service_call
    future.result()  # pop exception if have
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 964, in async_request_call
    await coro
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 717, in _handle_entity_call
    await result
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/number/__init__.py", line 72, in async_set_value
    raise ValueError(
ValueError: Value 100.0 for LUMI lumi.curtain.acn002 f8493e00 analog_output is outside valid range 0 - 0.0
1 Like

What the hell is going on with history_stats in all June releases? The values seem to jump all over the place without logic. After restart they seem to be somewhat correct for some time, then suddenly they go haywire again???

Just upgraded to this version, and now my Growatt integration doesn’t work anymore. Growatt page (api-server.growatt.com) was fine. Did a revert to a snapshot of the previous version and it worked fine again. Anyone recognize this ?

That will work, yes. But you can only set history in 5 minute increments. So if you’re looking at very recent, you’re still going to have a scrolling logbook. A pause button would be pretty handy.

1 Like

I am experiencing the same using the custom Average integration.