2022.6: Gaining new insights!

Hello mate did your hive component work? Mine is still not working.

Is anyone experiencing alexa media player issues with this update? I have to reauthenticate with OTP everytime I restart HA.

yep, 2022.6: Gaining new insights! - #25 by tagz1979

1 Like

It happened to one of my devices.

I had to clear flash completely using esptool and then I re-uploaded the firmware using esphome.

I don’t know exactly what was the problem, but this fixed mine.

https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esptool/en/latest/esp32s3/esptool/basic-commands.html#erasing-flash-before-write

https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esptool/en/latest/esp32s3/esptool/basic-commands.html#erase-flash-erase-flash-erase-region

wait, I cant find my Rpi’s memory anymore in the system tabs… wasnt this available before?

Settings → System → System Health → Scroll down this ridiculously long page.

I think it’s a nice prominent place for it I’m surprised you had trouble finding it. Looking forward to the next couple of updates.
First we should combine logs and all the other system pages into one long scrolling System Health page, then we’ll fix it in another update which will unify all your settings pages elsewhere all over again.

1 Like

you mean:

just above the integration startup time?

I was looking for the number of Gb mem installed on the Pi. we had that before somewhere, I think it was Supervisor panel.

this would be a perfect spot for that:

and add 1/4/8 GB mem

its not available as sensor in system monitor, and none of the other pages in core HA reveal what the main driver of the system is… I did check All Hardware on config/hardware but cant find it there either.
ofc this is the same as the huge list of ha hardware info. ha host info doesnt have anything on the memory either.
I must be going blind

Greet release ! Congrats to everyone involved !

When trying out the new option to compare periods with previous periods in the Energy dashboard, I was wondering if it would be possible to freely choose the start and end of the two periods.

This would allow to do the the comparing starting on the same weekdays . Now the same dates are compared, but consumption is quite different in weekends than weeks, which now results in for example weekday comparing with weekends. This gives a real difference in the graph.

Thanks

1 Like

No that’s what I was talking about. HA tries to hide information/controls about the hardware it runs on now as it’s considered confusing to the general userbase - it’s much better to hide all that complicated stuff so that you need to use terminal commands to find it. For example see the latest hardware page updates.

For me I now have this pretty blank page which shows me everything I should want to know about my pi:

Then you have to click those scary 3 dots (I like to call them doomsday dots) in order to access the complicated stuff like reboot, turn-off:

Screenshot 2022-06-07 at 13.14.49

2 Likes

That is a work in progress and big things are planned for that page.

No need, I think it’s great as is

1 Like

but where is my memory…?

Petro, thats disk drive Storage isnt it? not Ram.

You mean RAM?

yes… (min 10 char)
usecase: I have 3 HA instances and they are on different Pi’s. I keep forgetting which is which, so I need to quickly see the Processor and its RAM. Rpi3, 4Gb, Rpi4 4 Gb, RPi4 8Gb.

I don’t see it. I know Zack has further plans for the hardware page. Might not have it until that’s finished.

1 Like

It used to be somewhere, and now can not even find it in the CLI, or full hardware listing. That is odd isnt it?

I just made a page with my info

Apparently there’s an issue mini graph card and dev.

And a quick snapshot

This may not be an HA issue, a recent update to A.M.P. removed the legacy login options… you need to update your login

v4.0.0

Breaking

• Legacy login and options have been removed. These options resulted in degraded operations and generated extra support requests. You will be forced to relogin if an older method is detected. (ee724ab)

Make sure you have removed your login info from configuration.yaml. You may also need to remove and re-add the integration to make sure alexapy is up to date.

Not odd, as a general user you should not want to see that stuff. You should instead be posting on a forum asking people how to achieve historically simply IT tasks that are apparently confusing to non-techys (like rebooting and system info) and must be hidden.