2022.6: Gaining new insights!

Would be nicer if they didn’t deprecate in the first place - My entire system is built on MQTT!

3 Likes

Yeah nice one… again… every beginning of the month i’m wondering what are the breaking changes this time…
MQTT - Home Assistant also not really up to date?

Should it be:

mqtt:
  sensor:
   - name: "My sensor 1"
     state_topic: "some-state-topic1"

- name: "My sensor 2"
     state_topic: "some-state-topic2"

And what about binary_sensors etc?

4 Likes

Well the second one isn’t valid yaml. So definitely the first one.

yeah nice haha thanks

Will be fixed in 2022.6.1

Would you please open an issue and post your logbook and recorder configuration.yaml

I opened a PR to fix it here https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/72869 but it would still be good to get a copy of your config to verify its fixed for you

It looks like the recorder startup couldn’t complete because something canceled the startup process out from under it. It likely means something else is wrong outside the recorder since it shouldn’t get canceled unless the system is shutting down prematurely by some other means.

I opened a PR to ensure we shutdown cleanly when this happens Ensure recorder shuts down when its startup future is canceled out from under it by bdraco · Pull Request #72866 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

It won’t fix your issue but at least it will prevent an unclean shutdown

1 Like

I thought we were talking about Alexa Media Player integration. What YAML are you referring to?

So, HA OS no longer supports the Intel Nuc?

In the breaking changes, “Version” says:
The Boards “Intel NUC”, “RaspberryPi” (Raspberry Pi 1 devices), and “RaspberryPi Zero-W” are no longer supported in Home Assistant OS.

So, if I install version 2022.6 will it brick my machine?

1 Like

Are you running HA OS?
If you run HA in a container, you’re fine.

Here’s what I’m running:

I’d assume your OS won’t get any further updates, but I don’t run HAOS so I can’t say for certain.
The core container you should be able to upgrade.

Hey all,

So, I’m running HA Supervised in docker on Debian. The breaking changes mention that init should be disabled for HA Container. Since it mentions docker, I figured I should do some due diligence before upgrading and ran the add-on Check Home Assistant configuration to see if the new version would work on my setup. It doesn’t. :cry:

Here is the log from the add-on.

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
[09:07:50] INFO: Don't worry, this temporary installation is not overwriting your current one.
[09:07:50] INFO: Installing Home Assistant: stable...
[09:07:50] INFO: Please be patient, this might take a few minutes...
[09:09:08] INFO: Installed Home Assistant 2022.6.0
[09:09:08] INFO: Making a copy of your configuration for checking...
[09:09:27] INFO: Checking your configuration against this version...
[09:15:03] INFO: Configuration check finished - no error found! :)
s6-svscanctl: fatal: unable to control /var/run/s6/services: supervisor not listening
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

I’m not sure if this relates to init. Is anyone able to help out?

EDIT: so, looking again, it looks like the check finished and there are no errors, but this line has me concerned and I can’t find very much info about it.

s6-svscanctl: fatal: unable to control /var/run/s6/services: supervisor not listening

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Is anyone else having issues with not being able to access the UI for any add-ons?

File Editor, ESPHome, Node-RED, Zigbe2MQTT all return a 401: Unauthorised when I try and open their web pages.

Have you tired clearing your browser cache?

First thing I did :slight_smile:

Just trying to roll-back now and confirm it wasn’t happening before update.

Nick, this is pretty amazing. Thank you!

How low can it go?

7 Likes

Ok nothing to do with 2022.6 and all to do with Chrome on MacOS. Works in Safari, not in Chrome. Possibly to do with a recent Chrome update. I’ll start a new thread and hopefully someone will have a suggestion.

Hahahaha… Yeah I certainly never asked for it. I use dev-tools for states and templates. I rarely if ever reload yaml stuff. PITA it’s giving me YAML all the time now. Would make more sense if it remembered which tab you last used.

1 Like

doesn’t survive a reboot

2 Likes