2022.7: A stunning performance

Did you check the doc?
If you already used int, float, … or any conversion filter in the past, you might get an idea…

As it happens after migrating from a Pi to Virtualbox, I kept a 2nd instance of HA running on the Pi at the other end of my house (to help with bluetooth range issues) . So I’m hoping I can just ignore the Supervisor update on the Pi keep MyFlora going on that. I’ll be back to the old range problems again, but at least it’ll work. Hopefully someone can confirm :slight_smile:

Netatmo local Stream- broken too….

Hi, the new History page is great, the ability to filter out different areas/devices/entities is all great.

However I often find myself debugging by looking at the full list of entities in the full history page. Is there a way to see all entities the same as before?

Not really helping in your case, but have you considered moving to a DIY solution?

I’m using these in combination with an ESP32, because I didn’t want to fiddle around with batteries and the usual corrosion with the MiFlora sensors.

They are really easy to implement in ESPHome, if you go down that road, let me know, I can post the ESP code. :slight_smile:

great release, so fast! thanks to the team.

learning how to make py-spy’s was great. Also noticed that in that process, I can no longer see the .svg files in my Samba share on the Mac, and have to resort to Studio code server to reveal them
(using ssh keys in the flow shouldn’t have impacted the Samba share?)

another issue: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/74620
Here travel time config flow is broken

other than that. Flying colors!

(o and yes, we ‘need’ the show all button in History… without showing entity selectors for all ofc :wink: ) grown so accustomed to using the History panel for the grand overview, there really is no replacement currently, and manually adding more than a couple is not a very streamlined experience at all, now this is taken from us)

All the more a pity since it just had started to work so well in the previous release, which perfected the filters for in/excluded entities, and seeing even the largest installs fly by.

1 Like

Check your “Veto files” setting in the samba share addon. Anything listed there will not be shared.

1 Like

@koying but the release note clearly mentions this:

Lastly, @pvizeli has been working hard to ship Home Assistant on Python 3.10! Which also brings quite a performance improvement. If you run the Home Assistant Operating System or use our container installation method, you will automatically get this; there is no need to do anything

So my understanding is that I will loose Bluetooth because I am running Home Assistant OS which will automatically start using Python 3.10 and thus break Bluetooth integrations.

just to plug the search bar feature request in History a bit, I’ve added the fr to only search in included entities…

thanks Tom, a great thought indeed.

however, this is my veto setting:

veto_files:
  - ._*
  - .DS_Store
  - Thumbs.db
  - .Trashes

so noting to cause .svg files to be hidden. And I remember in the process it suddenly stopped working, so I did see them before. Let me find that spot in history

Indeed. I talk about the core installation method, so not HAOS

1 Like

yes the BT demise is a pity indeed and a nasty side effect of the Python 3.1X speed.
Reason for me to keep 1 instance on 2022.6 and publish those trackers over Mqtt.
Ive not found a reliable and Off-the-Shelf solution to replace it yet.

An issue has been raised which you may wish to subscribe to.

https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/74564

1 Like

Even after replacing the .js file it is not working. Anything else I can try?

@dthomeassistant Clear your cache, see here.

in settings > about.
yes.
No, I’m not sure it is updated, i did just run the two commands.

sudo docker pull homeassistant/home-assistant
sudo docker restart homeassistant

Don’t know if this has been suggested to you yet, but with these history changes you can save the state of your history panel as a URL. Opening that URL will always open up in that state.

Just as a stop gap solution.

2 Likes

I have the same problem. Applied update and my entire system is borked. My mobile app on my phone won’t even authenticate/log in. I got my phone’s IP banned, lol. It’s so bad, and broke so many integrations, that I’m going to have to try to figure out how to roll back. I’ve never performed a roll back, is it complicated?

Please submit a feature request if you haven’t yet.

In the meantime, I think you can make your own dashboard with auto-entities. Something like this maybe?

type: custom:auto-entities
card:
  type: history-graph
  hours_to_show: 12
filter:
  include:
    <Move history.include filters here>
  exclude:
    <Move history.exclude filters here>

The syntax for include and exclude is different in auto entities so you’ll need some adjustment to your filters. But all options history supports are supported by this card. Then drop the card in a new dashboard in single-card panel mode and you’ve got your history dashboard back.

The only thing I’m not sure about is whether the history graph card works like the history panel and automatically excludes entities you listed which were excluded from recorder. If not then that would be a bummer since you’d have to move recorders filters over too and duplicate them.

But maybe a better workaround then listing 156 entities in the meantime?

I did check the dock and I tested it out as well as best as I could also looked at int and float as well that’s why I made the educated guess that when bool is used as a filter the value inside the parenthesis is maybe the default value but I don’t see it explicitly written out so hence why I came here to asked. I did do my due diligence.