2022.7: A stunning performance

Oh, this is good news. I might take the plunge over the weekend and see if anything happens.

Update for the SonoffLAN project:

AlexxIT released an update and all is OK again.

1 Like

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself converting Celsius to Farenheit.

1 Like

I run a bunch of plant sensors and without My Flora won’t be able to get battery status. If we don’t update HA Supervisor, but do update HA Core, will Python stay on 3.0.9?

Hamburger

You must have funny looking meatballs where you are.

1 Like

Could the “Update firmware” for ZWave devices option be updated to provide further info (and ideally links to) what firmware version the currently latest one is, where the new firmware is being downloaded from and a changelog of what has been changed in it

Current example: a double switch actor FGS 223 from Fibaro. I currently have it on Firmware 3.3. Is this the latest one or is there a newer one out there? If yes, what changed in the newer one that I should update it? I’ve tried googling update to answer those questions for myself but couldn’t find and proper information, not even from the manufaturer Fibaro themselves. There was a random thread in some forum where people had trouble updating their firmware to 3.4, but no changelog. And if I press the update firmware button in HA, it gives me this warning pop-up where I really don’t want to click the “Yes” button unless I can get all these infos upfront. I can’t be the only one who doesn’t want to blindly update their devices for the sake of updating it. If there’s some specific value add or security risk that needs to be patched then yes ok, but I’m also a “don’t mess with it if it works” kinda guy

Use the custom_component:

Sorry, replied to wrong person earlier.

I already do, but BLE monitor cannot get battery status.

{{
  states('switch.dressoir')
    bool(false)
    iif('open','close') 
}}

The | are missing

{{
  states('switch.dressoir')
    | bool(false)
    | iif('open','close') 
}}
{{ states('switch.dressoir') | bool(false) | iif('open','close') }}

So, now the problem with SonoffLAN is sorted out (no influence of HA devs here), i did the update to 2022.7 and have to say:

Chapeau!

Again a flawless one, everything works fine here.

Thank you all! :ok_hand:

Oh, that’s bad, sorry! I personally don’t use MiFlora sensors (use a DIY version of it), but I saw this in the docs and thought it is just an additional step to configure:

You can enable the battery sensor by going to configuration, integrations, select devices on the BLE monitor integration tile and select your device. Click on the +1 disabled entity to show the disabled sensor and select the disabled entity. Finally, click on Enable entity to enable it.

Thanks, I’l check that out, but as I understand it the MyFlora sensors don’t broadcast battery status, you have to poll them, and BLE monitor doesn’t do any polling.

Anyone having issue with ESXi integration? It seems not to start and throws lots of repeating errors in log file:

2022-07-07 13:04:32 ERROR (SyncWorker_2) [custom_components.esxi_stats] EOF occurred in violation of protocol (_ssl.c:997)
2022-07-07 13:04:32 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error setting up entry ESXi Server for esxi_stats
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/config/custom_components/esxi_stats/__init__.py", line 159, in connect
    conn = esx_connect(**conn_details)
  File "/config/custom_components/esxi_stats/esxi.py", line 18, in esx_connect
    si = SmartConnectNoSSL(host=host, user=user, pwd=pwd, port=port)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyVim/connect.py", line 887, in SmartConnectNoSSL
    return SmartConnect(protocol=protocol,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyVim/connect.py", line 845, in SmartConnect
    supportedVersion = __FindSupportedVersion(protocol,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyVim/connect.py", line 718, in __FindSupportedVersion
    serviceVersionDescription = __GetServiceVersionDescription(protocol,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyVim/connect.py", line 639, in __GetServiceVersionDescription
    tree = __GetElementTree(protocol, server, port,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyVim/connect.py", line 606, in __GetElementTree
    conn.request("GET", path)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/http/client.py", line 1282, in request
    self._send_request(method, url, body, headers, encode_chunked)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/http/client.py", line 1328, in _send_request
    self.endheaders(body, encode_chunked=encode_chunked)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/http/client.py", line 1277, in endheaders
    self._send_output(message_body, encode_chunked=encode_chunked)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/http/client.py", line 1037, in _send_output
    self.send(msg)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/http/client.py", line 975, in send
    self.connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/http/client.py", line 1454, in connect
    self.sock = self._context.wrap_socket(self.sock,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/ssl.py", line 513, in wrap_socket
    return self.sslsocket_class._create(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/ssl.py", line 1071, in _create
    self.do_handshake()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/ssl.py", line 1342, in do_handshake
    self._sslobj.do_handshake()
ssl.SSLEOFError: EOF occurred in violation of protocol (_ssl.c:997)

Hamburger is three horizontal lines. Meatball is three vertical dots. It was in one of the recent release party videos.

2 Likes

After several restarts and the supervisor update this morning, everything is still running properly after applying the fix I linked to in a previous post.

Oh. I learned something new today. Thanks.

Everyone with SQL connectivity issues, try this. It worked for me.
jgosnell_post 38

it’s difficult to have 3 balls verticaly in the real life :smiley:

2 Likes

Can’t you use the ESPHome variant, where the battery status will be channeled through an ESP to the component?

im seeing the same thing and just commented out ecovacs in configuratoin.yaml