2022.7: A stunning performance

Please make an issue on GitHub. It doesn’t help to report these kinds of issues here after an update, the dev needs to look at this and a GitHub issue is the proper place for that.

Having this issue. Can you expand on this solution you propose?

Thanks.

Cheers

Updated to v2022.7.0 from v2022.6.7 and the xComfort Bridge Integration failed to load with the following error message:

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:162
First occurred: 10:23:08 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:23:08 PM
Setup failed for custom integration xcomfort_bridge: Requirements for xcomfort_bridge not found: ['pycryptodome==3.12.0'].

A more extensive log dump can be found here: xComfort pycryptodome load error - Pastebin.com

Please advise.

see 2022.7: A stunning performance - #209 by Mariusthvdb

open inspector, find the Storage tab, and the key in the blue bar

deleted that, and reload the history pane, it will show up afresh and empty

Some of the changes seem really cool, but I decided to roll back (and damn, for some reason it took ages (ha core update --version 2022.6.7) to avoid applying fixes. Also, I missed my carefully configured history integration the way it was.

yeah, well, Ive embedded the auto-entities in a conf0g-template-card, so we can change the history span, just for the fun of it:

type: vertical-stack
cards:
  - type: entities
    entities:
      - entity: input_number.history_span
  - type: custom:config-template-card
    entities:
      - input_number.history_span
    variables:
      span: states['input_number.history_span'].state
    card:

type: custom:auto-entities
      card:
        type: history-graph
        hours_to_show: ${span}
      filter:
        include:
#  like before

Note I did first try it with an input_select, to have the hours show in a dropdown, but that wasnt accepted. Wonder if that is by design, or a bug…
A slider is fine ofc, just would have liked the dropdown better.

1 Like

Just updated mine on an Intel NUC - No issues! Thanks!

how do you update when running HA in docker?

I have error (avcodec/bsf.h file missing) in compiling ha-av after the upgrade on a rpi4b+ (Python3.9 env installation). Anyone has this issue ?

Thanks for another update!!

Since upgrading my IHC integration has stopped initializing - maybe linked to the Python update?

I set it up in configuration.yaml like this:

# IHC Integration
ihc:
  - url: 'https://192.168.2.52'
    username: admin
    password: —deleted—
    auto_setup: false

Log:

2022-07-08 01:14:58 ERROR (SyncWorker_3) [homeassistant.components.ihc] Unable to authenticate on IHC controller

2022-07-08 01:14:59 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for ihc: Integration failed to initialize.

Any ideas?

/Jaybe

I was able to correct my problematic Area by removing a device with no entities from the area. This seemed to be causing issues in the History tab, maybe because there was no history available for an entity-less device.

1 Like

Nice!! I’m going to use that approach for a view showing my sump pumps. Depending on the ground water level, I may want to see one hour, four hours, or 24 hours of history.

by following the docs Linux - Home Assistant

Good find! I tested on my problem areas in which I have Lutron Pico devices. These have no entities. Device only. Changed the area and history problem solved. Guess I will dump all the picos to a new pico area till they get this sorted. Still think this is an error as having a pico device in my areas made sense.
Cheers

Sorry if my search missed it, but I just updated my OS from 8.2 to 8.3 and MOST of my entities are now either Unknown or Unavailable. My Dashboard tabs looks like it went through a blender. It 2022.7 was working fine prior to the OS update. I’ve restarted HA Core and nothing changed. Trying a complete reboot now. Anybody else experience this? Is there a way to revert the OS to 8.2?

EDIT: Well THAT was scary. Luckily, a second reboot seemed to make HA happy. Things are back to normal it seems. :grimacing:

I agree it was nice to have devices in the Area they belonged. Mine was my Z-wave controller USB stick that was throwing it off. Hopefully it gets solved soon.

FYI, that is a beta release.

Screenshot 2022-07-08 at 11-38-53 Administration – Home Assistant

sudo docker pull homeassistant/home-assistant
sudo docker restart homeassistant

You need to re-create the container, rather than restarting the existing one, that was created using the previous version of the container. I’ve made this mistake in the past and it was sort of obvious to me in retrospect. Personally, I use docker-compose to manage my container deployments, along with explicit version numbers for the container images. So I update the docker-compose.yaml file and when I re-run the docker-compose command, it’ll kill and remove the old running container, and create a new one based on the new image that’s referenced.

Just a suggestion; you might consider using explicit version numbers on the container images so you know which one you’re actually pulled from docker hub. Occasionally the release announcements go out before the containers are available for download. Likely not the case here, but something to keep in mind.

Yikes, I didn’t notice that. There’s no “b” nomenclature? I am still seeing some funky behavior though. Some of my motion sensors (two different vendors) are randomly being triggered upon a restart (and remain on), and two of my ZEN21 light switches are offline in HA (although they are alive in zwave2mqtt and the turn on/off events are being logged in its control panel, pings are working, etc.

Is there a way to revert to 8.2 via ssh?

ha os update --version 8.2
1 Like