2022.7: A stunning performance

Good find! I tested on my problem areas in which I have Lutron Pico devices. These have no entities. Device only. Changed the area and history problem solved. Guess I will dump all the picos to a new pico area till they get this sorted. Still think this is an error as having a pico device in my areas made sense.
Cheers

Sorry if my search missed it, but I just updated my OS from 8.2 to 8.3 and MOST of my entities are now either Unknown or Unavailable. My Dashboard tabs looks like it went through a blender. It 2022.7 was working fine prior to the OS update. I’ve restarted HA Core and nothing changed. Trying a complete reboot now. Anybody else experience this? Is there a way to revert the OS to 8.2?

EDIT: Well THAT was scary. Luckily, a second reboot seemed to make HA happy. Things are back to normal it seems. :grimacing:

I agree it was nice to have devices in the Area they belonged. Mine was my Z-wave controller USB stick that was throwing it off. Hopefully it gets solved soon.

FYI, that is a beta release.

Screenshot 2022-07-08 at 11-38-53 Administration – Home Assistant

sudo docker pull homeassistant/home-assistant
sudo docker restart homeassistant

You need to re-create the container, rather than restarting the existing one, that was created using the previous version of the container. I’ve made this mistake in the past and it was sort of obvious to me in retrospect. Personally, I use docker-compose to manage my container deployments, along with explicit version numbers for the container images. So I update the docker-compose.yaml file and when I re-run the docker-compose command, it’ll kill and remove the old running container, and create a new one based on the new image that’s referenced.

Just a suggestion; you might consider using explicit version numbers on the container images so you know which one you’re actually pulled from docker hub. Occasionally the release announcements go out before the containers are available for download. Likely not the case here, but something to keep in mind.

Yikes, I didn’t notice that. There’s no “b” nomenclature? I am still seeing some funky behavior though. Some of my motion sensors (two different vendors) are randomly being triggered upon a restart (and remain on), and two of my ZEN21 light switches are offline in HA (although they are alive in zwave2mqtt and the turn on/off events are being logged in its control panel, pings are working, etc.

Is there a way to revert to 8.2 via ssh?

ha os update --version 8.2
1 Like

Thanks Tom. All good now! :+1:

1 Like

I just tried listening to zha_events in the develop tools and nothing shows up for me either. Hassos VM with a HUSBZB-1. My zigbee devices work but anything that was using event listening isnt working

Thank you so much for including me in the * Other noteworthy changes section and the release party. It truly made my day!

It was a small change but will greatly improve our automations for our use case.

I look forward to making other contributions where I can. I need to brush up on Python and find the time. As an ERP consultant/developer, I have and continue to develop in many programming languages but Python is not one of them.

Also as a home automation enthusiast for over 25 years, many years ago I contributed add-ons and scripts to another home automation platform (not open source). After moving to a new house 5 years ago and not being pleased with the direction of that platform I discovered Home Assistant and never looked back.

Aside from Home Assistant, the community is really what is great about Home Assistant. When I watch the release parties (the Nabu Casa team members) and listen to the Podcast (with Phil and Rohan), I feel like I belong, learn, and laugh. Everyone rocks!

Thank you again and stay loose!

AlAiN

3 Likes

Try executing the following in your database

‘ALTER USER ‘username’ IDENTIFIED WITH mysql_native_password BY ‘password’;’

This cleared the error for me

Also having issues upgrading from 2022.6.6 to 2022.7.0, getting the error ‘The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Unexpected error calling config validator’ and I cannot restart or do anything. So I downgraded back to 2022.6.6 unless I can figure out a resolve for this?? Not sure what it’s even pointing too, maybe something to do with ZHA? Any ideas?

Not without logs.

Check the release notes for any breaking changes that apply to your system.

Can try that , my IKEA Tradfri gateway and Aeon Zwave stick have no entities …

Would seem a serious bug though, did you check for an issue on the matter?

Will check Frontend GitHub see https://github.com/home-assistant/frontend/pull/13130 and linked #13129

Not fixed then?

You’re not the only one, there should be an “everything” option.

Not to mention it’s totally broken, I picked a specific area and now it’s just spinning. Reloading the page and restarting the container doesn’t help because that selection was remembered, so now I have a non-functioning History panel I guess forever.

There’s a manual fix for that a few posts up…
But agree this should never have passed Beta, where all of these issues were already noticed…

I removed it from application data in the inspector, but picking most of my areas cause this.

Can you confirm it is the device-without-entities issue?

Because that really seems to be the biggest troublemaker and fixed it at least for some
Posters here, including me

Next issue is the layout, because labels on the graphs are barely readable at least on mobile.

But, again, that might not be the best device to check the History panel

I don’t know how to confirm that. There was a Hue switch with no entities in that area, I disabled that and am having the same issue. Console is “Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: i is not iterable” at ha-panel-history.ts:209.

Try and delete the area on that device? Might not be the same as disabling the device