2022.7: A stunning performance

Hi there, yes I can. It shows the Home Assistant “logo” and os version etc. Is this where I run:

ha core update --version 2022.6.7

And do I need to be connected to the internet for it to roll back?

Many thanks.

Yes.

Yes.

1 Like

Really appreciate the assistance.

Agreed, an ALL or EVERYTHING option in new History tab should be mandatory! Soonest!

Oh great, that’s awesome news. Can I re-join to stable easily after switching to beta?

Yes of course.

and is it as simple as switching to beta, just via the “join beta channel” in the updates section but kinda reverse?

Unfortunately, there’s no mention of a “fix” in the current 2022.8 beta.

Hi there, I switched to beta and updated. Now HA does not connect to the thermostats any more, the cards in lovelace are empty. If this is expected, how do I add them again or is this an error?

A HA developer has recently (7/27/2022) confirmed they will be adding back some method to easily add all entities to history:

…We will add some button or control that will allow adding all when we figure out the best UI for this

Source: Add the option to see all entities in the History tab? · home-assistant/frontend · Discussion #13146 · GitHub

But you are also correct, there’s no eta provided and I haven’t seen any commits for it just yet.

1 Like

That is not expected and the entities should be there. Could you please check the logs for anything related to homeassistant.components.eq3btsmart and/or eq3bt? Preferably, create a new issue in the homeassistant issue tracker so we can easily track it: Sign in to GitHub · GitHub

done, hope it helps

How do you connect to the database to execute this line? I am running HAOS with MariaDB as an add-on.

Putting this here if this helps someone else.

I had an emoji that was messing up my recorder after upgrading to 2022.7 and 2022.8, this was the fix: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/74293#issuecomment-1173085101

Interesting. I‘m on the default recorder (SQLite) so I don’t think I need to care about this charset related thing. But good notice for other MySQL based installations.

1 Like

I am in the same boat running on QNAP also. Do you use HACS? I was wondering if my custom integrations were to blame.

Edit: I tried a new container using a clean config directory and have the same loop of death…

A late possibly breaking change for 2022.7 and 2022.8: The SMTP integration, when used against an SMTP server with a self signed certificate, now throws Error setting up platform SMTP on startup, which is due to an SSL EOF error (ssl.SSLEOFError: EOF occurred in violation of protocol)

Setting verify_ssl: false in the SMTP integration’s configuration does not prevent the error. (This option was needed for self signed certificates starting in 2022.6, and was working until 2022.7)

The workaround is to disable encryption with encryption: none.

See:

This breaking change is likely due to changes in smtplib or ssl in Python 3.10.

True that! :smiley:

Completely agree. There needs to be an ALL/EVERYTHING option to fix this regression. I can’t believe it’s been 6 months, and this hasn’t been done. Or have I missed something?

1 Like

And what about this whole section in the Docs, is it WRONG?

because the History is not managed by described options anymore, and I do not observe any feedback from Devs regarding many users’ complains.

1 Like