2022.7: A stunning performance

Wow! That’s a shame. I’ve always been attracted to their products, and have 4 of their Eye multisensors, which have worked well for me. But if they choose to remain closed in such a manner, then I will avoid them in the future. :angry:

Well, that is interesting indeed. I should have thought of that given how the UI works, but 156 entities would make for a massively long URL! :joy:

Hi Shane,

Could you please test with me I’ve added the auto-entities as Mike suggested but seem to not get include globs for sensors with eg power or usage.

I can add those manually in the new History panel but since we don’t have wildcards there it really is a nuisance.

The auto-entities however doesn’t show them for me

entity_id: sensor.*_power

I can see the colored names and circles, but not their graphs…

edit

never mind that, I was checking on mobile, which is probably not a very useful device to read the history panel on…

on desktop it fares better.

Although the original panel took about 4 seconds to display, and the current auto-entities workaround almost 40!!
@CentralCommand : its definitely not a viable alternative because of that :wink:

type: custom:auto-entities
card:
  type: history-graph
  hours_to_show: 48
filter:
  include:
    - domain: switch
    - domain: person
    - entity_id: sensor.*_sensor_temperature
    - entity_id: sensor.*_actueel
    - entity_id: sensor.*_totaal
    - entity_id: sensor.calculated*
    - entity_id: sensor.solaredge_*
    - entity_id: sensor.speedtest*
    - entity_id: sensor.teller*
    - entity_id: sensor.zp*
    - entity_id: binary_sensor.*_sensor_motion
    - entity_id: binary_sensor.*_door
    - entity_id: sensor.water_*ly
    - entity_id: sensor.gas_*ly
entities:
  - entity: sensor.all_light_device_power
  - entity: sensor.all_light_device_energy
  - entity: sensor.all_switch_device_power
  - entity: sensor.all_switch_device_energy
  - entity: light.tv_backlight
etcetc

Someone else not contributing logs?

Please make an issue on GitHub so that it can recieve the proper attention from the zha dev.

1 Like

Wow. Fair enough, I guess that’s out then. I think you might’ve increased hours_to_show a bit more then the default but I can’t imagine that’s adding 10x overhead.

In that case I think bookmarking this might be the best stopgap. Or possibly add a panel iframe with that super long URL? Not sure how that looks though. Iframes can be problematic that way.

1 Like

Updated to 2022.7.0 from 2022.6.7 and zha started to glitch and stoped working. All zigbee devices that worked since 2021.x.x just stoped working, restarted many times nothing helped, had to roll back to 2022.6.7

Please make an issue on GitHub. It doesn’t help to report these kinds of issues here after an update, the dev needs to look at this and a GitHub issue is the proper place for that.

Having this issue. Can you expand on this solution you propose?

Thanks.

Cheers

Updated to v2022.7.0 from v2022.6.7 and the xComfort Bridge Integration failed to load with the following error message:

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:162
First occurred: 10:23:08 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:23:08 PM
Setup failed for custom integration xcomfort_bridge: Requirements for xcomfort_bridge not found: ['pycryptodome==3.12.0'].

A more extensive log dump can be found here: xComfort pycryptodome load error - Pastebin.com

Please advise.

see 2022.7: A stunning performance - #209 by Mariusthvdb

open inspector, find the Storage tab, and the key in the blue bar

deleted that, and reload the history pane, it will show up afresh and empty

Some of the changes seem really cool, but I decided to roll back (and damn, for some reason it took ages (ha core update --version 2022.6.7) to avoid applying fixes. Also, I missed my carefully configured history integration the way it was.

yeah, well, Ive embedded the auto-entities in a conf0g-template-card, so we can change the history span, just for the fun of it:

type: vertical-stack
cards:
  - type: entities
    entities:
      - entity: input_number.history_span
  - type: custom:config-template-card
    entities:
      - input_number.history_span
    variables:
      span: states['input_number.history_span'].state
    card:

type: custom:auto-entities
      card:
        type: history-graph
        hours_to_show: ${span}
      filter:
        include:
#  like before

Note I did first try it with an input_select, to have the hours show in a dropdown, but that wasnt accepted. Wonder if that is by design, or a bug…
A slider is fine ofc, just would have liked the dropdown better.

1 Like

Just updated mine on an Intel NUC - No issues! Thanks!

how do you update when running HA in docker?

I have error (avcodec/bsf.h file missing) in compiling ha-av after the upgrade on a rpi4b+ (Python3.9 env installation). Anyone has this issue ?

Thanks for another update!!

Since upgrading my IHC integration has stopped initializing - maybe linked to the Python update?

I set it up in configuration.yaml like this:

# IHC Integration
ihc:
  - url: 'https://192.168.2.52'
    username: admin
    password: —deleted—
    auto_setup: false

Log:

2022-07-08 01:14:58 ERROR (SyncWorker_3) [homeassistant.components.ihc] Unable to authenticate on IHC controller

2022-07-08 01:14:59 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for ihc: Integration failed to initialize.

Any ideas?

/Jaybe

I was able to correct my problematic Area by removing a device with no entities from the area. This seemed to be causing issues in the History tab, maybe because there was no history available for an entity-less device.

1 Like

Nice!! I’m going to use that approach for a view showing my sump pumps. Depending on the ground water level, I may want to see one hour, four hours, or 24 hours of history.

by following the docs Linux - Home Assistant