2022.7: A stunning performance

I found it very useful (before 2022.7) to see all entities on the history page at one glance and I definitely also want to have that feature back! Of course I have configured the history with the recorder.yaml and history.yaml files, so “all” entities does not really mean all existing entities…

2 Likes

On my setup it usually took ~1 minute to show all graphs on History page.
Of course some entities are excluded from Recorder & History.
So, it was not a “look at one glance” ((( (depends on hardware)

But - I do agree that we should have a possibility to show all entities at once (not switched ON by default).

1 Like

does exactly that. Its still not as efficient as the former History panel, but it comes close

Jul-13-2022 17-30-16

Did we ever understand what this is? It takes forever, can’t be disabled?

Command_line sensor does not work anymore.
Reproduced at bash level in homeassistant container:

~ docker exec -it home assistant bash
bash-5.1# ls -al /config/YoctoLib
total 1380
drwxr-xr-x    2 root    root     4096 Jan 15 18:06 .
drwxr-xr-x   15 root    root     4096 Jul 14 00:41 ..
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root    root  1403328 Aug 13  2021 YLightSensor
bash-5.1# /config/YoctoLib/YLightSensor
bash: /config/YoctoLib/YLightSensor: No such file or directory

This seems to be the issue to watch https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/74203

2 Likes

Here is the remove_bans.sh that I have as a command line script. It runs in the ssh addon for HA. It calls ssh-console-ha.sh on the host (probably all you need) Note the ssh & web terminal addon won’t accept the ed25519 private key - only seems to work with the ssh-rsa key (despite the fact that ssh & Web terminal won’t accept ssh-rsa keys anymore for auth)

#!/bin/bash

ssh -i /config/ssh_keys/hassprivate.ppk -o 'StrictHostKeyChecking=no' -p 38022 [email protected] sudo ./ssh-console-ha.sh
#ssh -i /config/ssh_keys/hassprivateed25519.ppk -o 'StrictHostKeyChecking=no' -p 38022 [email protected] sudo ./ssh-console-ha.sh

exit

Then the ssh-console-ha.sh script on the host

#!/bin/bash

# Checking ip_bans exists

if [[ -e "/usr/share/hassio/homeassistant/ip_bans.yaml" ]]
then
  sudo rm /usr/share/hassio/homeassistant/ip_bans.yaml
else
  echo "EXITING. *****No ip_bans.yaml found***** Restart not needed"
  exit
fi

# Restart Home Assistant after removing ip_bans.yaml
echo "RESTARTING Home Assistant"
docker exec addon_a0d7b954_ssh ha core restart
exit

shell command in configuration.yaml

# remove bans
shell_command:
  remove_ip_bans: /bin/bash /config/remove_bans.sh

You can track https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/75145 for progress on the fix.

Not interested in converting my db login security. When do they expect to put back the caching_sha2_password package back? I reverted back to 6.7 until it’s confirmed it’s resolved. Why would you pull the db client authentication mechanism package?

Hope that comes back on for you… watching for info on this as I could not live without that integration - holding off on upgrading

By accident I entered a non-existing entity and suddenly it works. Using “friendly-name” in configuration.yaml.

Interesting… after installing 2022.7.4 update today all 3 sensors from “speedtest.net” addon became unavailable. Removing and reinstalling addon helped.
strange…

2022.7.4 finally fixed my issue… hope all the reported issues eventually solved.

that could have been my issue. I’ve had HA intstalled for years, so there might be a few non-existing entities floating around.

Not sure if I am the only one but after upgrade to 2022.7, I saw two database corruptions. Always restored from backup but very strange instability. Using docker and RPi4, ssd drive, no issues so far…

I log, I had the following:

Log

Logger: homeassistant.components.recorder.util
Source: components/recorder/util.py:95
Integration: Recorder (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 04:13:41 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 04:13:41

Error executing query: (sqlite3.DatabaseError) database disk image is malformed [SQL: DELETE FROM statistics_short_term WHERE statistics_short_term.id IN 

Logger: homeassistant.components.recorder.core
Source: components/recorder/purge.py:546

Unrecoverable sqlite3 database corruption detected: (sqlite3.DatabaseError) database disk image is malformed [SQL: DELETE FROM statistics_short_term WHERE statistics_short_term.id IN 

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1819, in _execute_context
    self.dialect.do_execute(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/default.py", line 732, in do_execute
    cursor.execute(statement, parameters)
sqlite3.DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/recorder/core.py", line 610, in _process_one_task_or_recover
    return task.run(self)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/recorder/tasks.py", line 73, in run
    if purge.purge_old_data(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/recorder/util.py", line 499, in wrapper
    return job(instance, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/recorder/purge.py", line 117, in purge_old_data
    _purge_short_term_statistics(session, short_term_statistics)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/recorder/purge.py", line 546, in _purge_short_term_statistics
    deleted_rows = session.execute(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/sqlalchemy/orm/session.py", line 1712, in execute
    result = conn._execute_20(statement, params or {}, execution_options)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1631, in _execute_20
    return meth(self, args_10style, kwargs_10style, execution_options)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/sqlalchemy/sql/lambdas.py", line 516, in _execute_on_connection
    return connection._execute_clauseelement(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1498, in _execute_clauseelement
    ret = self._execute_context(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1862, in _execute_context
    self._handle_dbapi_exception(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 2043, in _handle_dbapi_exception
    util.raise_(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/sqlalchemy/util/compat.py", line 208, in raise_
    raise exception
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1819, in _execute_context
    self.dialect.do_execute(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/default.py", line 732, in do_execute
    cursor.execute(statement, parameters)
sqlalchemy.exc.DatabaseError: (sqlite3.DatabaseError) database disk image is malformed
[SQL: DELETE FROM statistics_short_term WHERE statistics_short_term.id IN

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/sqlalchemy/pool/base.py", line 247, in _close_connection
    self._dialect.do_close(connection)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/default.py", line 688, in do_close
    dbapi_connection.close()
sqlite3.ProgrammingError: SQLite objects created in a thread can only be used in that same thread. The object was created in thread id 2744344896 and this is thread id 2988290792.

Logger: homeassistant.components.recorder.util
Source: components/recorder/util.py:299

The system will rename the corrupt database file //config/home-assistant_v2.db to //config/home-assistant_v2.db.corrupt.2022-07-14T02:13:41.777249+00:00 in order to allow startup to proceed

I dug a little bit deeper, and found the missing package:

bash-5.1# apk add binutils
bash-5.1# ldd YLightSensor
Error loading shared library ld-linux-aarch64.so.1: no such file or directory (needed by YLightSensor)
bash-5.1# apk add libc6-compat
bash-5.1# ./YLightSensor
Use "YLightSensor --help" for help.

Could we add libc6-compat back in the HA container?

My history tab looks the same, checking the fronted version in settings…
Frontend version: 20220601.0 - latest

There is 20220707 frontend, and the pip package home-assistant-frontend installed is 20220707…what is going on? Why It did not update? I tried reinstalling the pip package and same …
Anyone else with this issue? how can I force to update the frontend as well?

Works great with BLE Passive monitor, many thanks for this, maybe even better then the original…

1 Like

“RESTART” and "CHECK CONFIGURATION” spin forever, it’s not working. I’m rolling back :’(

There is no reason to not upgrade. Make a full snapshot before the upgrade, then if the upgrade breaks something important, just simply revert to your pre-install snapshot.

After my upgrade to 2022.7.0, I had a number of add-ons and integrations that wouldn’t start. But, everything is running now, including Dexcom.

Home Assistant 2022.7.4
Supervisor 2022.07.0
Operating System 8.2
Frontend 20220707.0 - latest

Try the following steps:

1. Restart Home Assistant.
  2. Reboot the host
  3. Reboot the router
  4. Reboot the device
    At least one of these steps has fixed my issues. In the case of Dexcom, rebooting the router did the trick. I know it makes absolutely no sense that a Home Assistant upgrade would affect the router. It could have been simple coincidence. But rebooting the router worked for me.
3 Likes