2022.7: A stunning performance

The release notes are there.

good morning everyone, since 2022.7 came out on my mini pc there is an exaggerated Consumption of RAM up to the mini pc block, while if I go back to allan2022.6.7 no! I can’t even read the logs, has anyone had the same problems?

It’s not explicitly mentioned in the release notes, but just in case –

Anyone here know if the merged PR

Add mariadb-connector-c to Dockerfile by bdraco · Pull Request #247 · home-assistant/docker (github.com)

has made it into 2022.7.5?

Completely agree. History was my quick glance at everything I wanted to see using a carefully curated list in my config file. I’m not even sure what the history component does anymore if I also have to pick everything on the page itself? Then also clutter it up with all the items I’ve picked at the top?

I’ve started building history graphs to show on different dashboards to replace this, but then I also have to build a way to show different time frames to get the same functionality that the history page had.

1 Like

I don’t think so, latest release is from 17 days ago and this PR has been merged 5 days ago

This would be a nice FR for history_graph cards; the ability to select date/time ranges.

Maybe take a look at my workaround.
I’m happy with it.

BTW: If anyone is able to template the start timestamp to the urls in the frontend

&start_date=2022-07-13T22:00:00.000Z

it will also be possible to open the sets with different time frames.

Agreed, please go here and vote if you would like to see this as well.

Also, this is a somewhat workable solution for now.

After updating to 7.x I’m experiencing over and over again that starting HA partly fails in the sense that some integrations do not load and several custom dashboards fail to load. This only happens when there’s a section in the configuration.yaml file that has lines with incorrect indentations. Still, the Check configuration command always produce a Configuration Valid! output. It seems as if this check is no longer capable of catching incorrect indentations? I belive it used to be able to do that in earlier versions.
Info: I run 2022.7.5 in a docker container.

1 Like

You can see the state of the code in any release on github. Open any piece of code, click the dropdown that says “dev”, then “tags”, then the version you want to look at.

Thanks @stevemann, I’ll be giving that a go this weekend.

I’ve only once had to do a restore, and that was after trying out a new zigbee integration (which unfortunately clobbered all of my DeConz entity assignments)

In regards to updating HassOS, I was not aware that I would be able to get back to a pre-upgrade state with a restore of a full snapshot, I guess I was thinking that the full snapshot only contained “my configuration”, not HomeAssistant itself

Cheers :slight_smile:

I got burned by that way back when…

Never realised that filenames needed to be unique in split config regardless of path

Created an issue:

1 Like

Since this update, Alexa no longer runs for me.

api/alexa

Got the same error. Did you find any solution ?

Hey all,

I just ran into a showstopper issue on my setup after updating from 7.4 to 7.5. What’s weird is, I didn’t run into this issue until I updated to 7.5. HTTPS/SSL has completely broken on my setup now, and I get the following error every time I try to connect to the HTTPS port on my HA server. The browser gives me an ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR, and HA logs show:

Logger: aiohttp.server
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/aiohttp/web_protocol.py:405
First occurred: 5:19:48 PM (305 occurrences)
Last logged: 5:33:52 PM

Error handling request
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/aiohttp/web_protocol.py", line 334, in data_received
    messages, upgraded, tail = self._request_parser.feed_data(data)
  File "aiohttp/_http_parser.pyx", line 551, in aiohttp._http_parser.HttpParser.feed_data
aiohttp.http_exceptions.BadStatusLine: 400, message="Bad status line 'Invalid method encountered'"

Like I said, up until and including 7.4, I didn’t have this issue. It started when I updated to 7.5. Now reverting to any of my 7.x backups exhibit the same issue, and the only way out is to go back to my 6.7 backup…

My setup uses duckdns with let’s encrypt SSL cert. This has worked perfectly until today :confused:

do you mean 2022.7.4 and 2022.7.5. If so, say so please.

yes correct.

I had to upgrade from buster to bullseye to resolve this issue. Libavcodec-dev on buster doesn’t have the necessary files to properly build ha-av. This guide should help: Upgrading to Raspberry Pi OS Bullseye - Pi My Life Up

1 Like

For other that run into this issue, how I ended up fixing the issue was by removing the browser_mod custom component. It appears that was causing the issue… Somehow…