2022.8: You can fix it!

I use the custom firmware with the new Xiaomi BLE, you just have to change to ‘Mi Like’ in the settings

1 Like

Big thanks you to @DCSBL for creating the Homewizard water integration before it even officially is delivered! Looking forward to playing with it as soon as it arrives!

1 Like

If possible mods could move this and the former two posts to a new dedicated topic.

I could imagine a (temporary?) internal mapping table so legacy naming and automated/default naming work in coexistence.

What I don’t want to loose is the history - stats in the recorder db and in InfluxDB etc. They all are based on entity_id‘s so to maintain history there seems to be a bit of effort and good ideas needed.

But I don’t expect to get all answers today, as stated it will take a lot of time (don’t know what that is in calendar time, I guess at least months if not 2 to 3 years maybe).

1 Like

Look up home relay assistant

2022.8.1 update didn’t work for me, but I’ll try again Saturday when I get my new bluetooth adapter.

2022.8.1 didn’t solve the problem I’m having with my old Eve Room.
Still same error mentioned in 1st gen Eve Room, Bluetooth and 2022.8 - #4 by zadigre

Exact same error in the log…

Hopefully the ones I ordered have the same issue

I’ve tried to install both 2022.8.0 and 2022.8.1 several times but nothing happens after Core backup is done. Any help? This is what I’ve got:

22-08-05 08:26:10 ERROR (SyncWorker_4) [supervisor.docker.interface] Can’t install ghcr.io/home-assistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:2022.8.1: 404 Client Error for http+docker://localhost/v1.41/images/ghcr.io/home-assistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:2022.8.1/json: Not Found (“no such image: ghcr.io/home-assistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:2022.8.1: No such image: ghcr.io/home-assistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:2022.8.1”)
22-08-05 08:26:10 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Updating Home Assistant image failed

1 Like

If you need me to do some other test, please do not hesitate to contact me.

2 Likes

Is this what you are referring to: https://assistantrelay.com/

I think I may have found the problem. I have the RM4 Pro and some RM3 devices. After upgrading to 8.1, I noticed some of the lights and switches were working and some aren’t. Further investigating that the one that did not work was that the command was setup using the older method. Which looks like this.

- platform: broadlink
    mac: !secret RM4_mac
    switches:
     # Ceiling Fan
    - name: Ceiling Fan Light
      command_on: JgAwABYcNBw1Nhs2HDUcNRscNRw0HDQcNQABohsbNRw0Nhs3HDUbNhscNBw0HDUcNAANBQAAAAAAAA==
      command_off: JgAwABcbNRo3NRw1HBo2GzYbNRw0GzYaNgABoRwaNxo2NRw2HBo2GzUaNhs2GjYbNgANBQAAAAAAAA==
    - name: Ceiling Fan Summer
      command_on: JgAwABcbNhs1NR00HRk2HDUbNTYbGzY1HAABoR0ZNho3NR00HRo1GjcaNjUdGTc1HAANBQAAAAAAAA==
      command_off: JgAwABkZNhs1NR40HRk2GzUbNho2GzUbNgABoR0aNRs2NR00HRk2GzYaNxo2GzUbNQANBQAAAAAAAA==
    - name: Ceiling Fan Winter
      command_on: JgA0ABkZNxo3NB00HRo3GTcaNzQdNB0aNwABoB0aNxk3NB00Hhk3GTcaNjUcNRwbNAAJLAoADQUAAA==
      command_off: JgAwABkZNhs1NR40HRk2GzUbNho2GzUbNgABoR0aNRs2NR00HRk2GzYaNxo2GzUbNQANBQAAAAAAAA==
    - name: Ceiling Fanlight
      command_on: JgAwABgZNxo2NR40HTQdNB0aNjUdGTc1HQABoB0ZNho4NB00HjQdNB0ZNzQeGDg0HQANBQAAAAAAAA
    - name: Ceiling Fan Lights Only
      command_on: JgAwABoYOBk2NB40HRk3GjYaNzQeGTY0HgABnx4ZNxk3NB4zHhk2GTgZNzQeGTc0HgANBQAAAAAAAA==
    - name: Ceiling Fan Only
      command_on: JgAwABkYOBk3NRw0HjQdNB0ZNxk3GTgZNwABoB0ZNxk4NB00HTQdNB0ZNxk4GTcZNwANBQAAAAAAAA==

The ones that were working was setup using the latest method. Which looks like this. The file is hidden btw.

{
    "version": 1,
    "key": "broadlink_remote_24dfa7f1167e_codes",
    "data": {
        "Ceiling Fan": {
            "turn off fan": "JgAwABkbNho2Nhs2Gxs2GjYbNRs2GjYbNgABoRwaNhs1Nhw1HBo2GzUbNho2GzYaNgANBQAAAAAAAA==",
            "turn off lights": "JgAwABoaNho2Nhs3Gxs1GjYbNho3GjUbNgABohsaNxo1Nxs1HBo2GzUbNho3GjYaNgANBQAAAAAAAA==",
            "toggle lights": [
                "JgAwABobNRs2Nhs2GzYcNRwaNhs2Nhs2GwABoxsaNhs2Nhs2GzYbNhwaNhs2Nhs2GwANBQAAAAAAAA==",
                "JgAwABobNRs2Nhs2Gxs1NhwaNho3NRsbNgABoRsbNRw1Nhs2Gxs1NxsbNRs2NRwaNgANBQAAAAAAAA=="
            ],
            "toggle summer fan": [
                "JgAwABoaNhs2NRw1HBo2GzUbNjUcGjc1GwABoxobNRs2Nhs2Gxs1GzYbNTYbGzY1HAANBQAAAAAAAA==",
                "JgAwABoaNhs1Nhs2Gxs2GjY2Gxs2GjY2GwABoRwaNhs1Nhs2HBo2GjY2Gxs2GjY2GwANBQAAAAAAAA=="
            ],
            "toggle winter fan": [
                "JgAwABoaNhs2NRw2Gxs1GzY2Gxs2NhsbNgABohsbNho2Nhs2HBo2GzY1Gxw1NhwaNgANBQAAAAAAAA==",
                "JgAwABkbNho2Nhw1HBo2GzY2GzYbNhw1HAABoxsaNhs2NRw2Gxs2GjY2GzYcNhs2GwANBQAAAAAAAA=="
            ],
            "summer fan lights": "JgAwABkbNho2Nhs2GzYcNhsbNTYcGjY2HAABoRwbNRs2Nhs2GzYbNhwaNjYbGzY2GwANBQAAAAAAAA==",
            "winter fan lights": "JgAwABkbNho2Nhs2GzYcNhsbNTYcNRwaNgABohwaNhs2NRw2GzYbNhwaNjYbNhsbNgANBQAAAAAAAA==",
            "lights": [
                "JgAwABkbNho2Nxo2HDUcNhsbNhs2GjYaNwABoRwaNhs1Nhw2GzYbNhwaNhs1GzYbNQANBQAAAAAAAA==",
                "JgAwABkbNho2Nhs2Ghw2GjYbNho2GjYbNgABohsaNho2Nhs2HBo2GzUbNho2GzUbNwANBQAAAAAAAA=="
            ]
        },
}

So in short, you will need to use the latest method of programing the code. Luckily, I programmed all the codes in the past, but was still using the older method. I just need to adjust some of the template switches. If my observation is correct, I didn’t see anything about breaking changes for Broadlink.

Cannot change the “unit of measurement” anymore :frowning: I’m trying to change C to F, and does not want to record the changes

1 Like

I’m getting problems with Broadlink after the most recent update as well. Both of my _codes files look something like this;

{
    "version": 1,
    "key": "broadlink_remote_a043b0702327_codes",
    "data": {
        "kitchen_ac": {
            "turn_on": "JgBQAgwODw4ODQ8ODg8OAANBcToOKw4PDg4PDQ4rDRAODg8ODA8PKg8ODisOKw8ODisOKw4rDyoOKw8NDg8OKw4ODw4NDw4ODg8MDw8ODg8ODQ8ODisODg8rDg4NDw4ODysOKw4ODw0ODg8ODisODwwPDw4ODg0PDg8ODg8NDg8ODg4PDC0NLA0sDQ8ODg8qDyoOLA4ABHpxOg8qDw4ODg4ODyoODw4ODg4PDg4rDQ8NLQ0sDQ4PKg8rDisTRUNCATED",
            "turn_off": "JgBQAg0NDw0QDQ4NEA0PAANBcjgQKg8NEA0PDBAqDw0PDg8NDw0PKg8ODyoPKg8NECkQKg8qDyoPKg8NDw0QKRANDw0PDRANDw0QDA8NEA0PDQ8NECkQDQ8qDw4ODRANDyoQKRANDwwQDQ8NECoPDRAMDw0QDQ8NDw0QDQ8MEA0PDgTRUNCATED"
        }
    }
}

I have 2 Broadlink devices; an RM4 pro and a RM4 mini. The integration itself seems to load, and both of the devices (and their entities) load, but none of the switches I have defined based on their commands are showing up.

My configuration.yaml looks like this (hasn’t changed before/after update);

switch:
    mac: MAC_ADDR
    switches:
      - name: Kitchen Air Conditioner
        command_on: JgBQAgwODw4ODQ8ODg8OAANBcToOKw4PDg4PDQ4rDRAODg8ODA8PKg8ODisOKw8ODisOKw4rDyoOKw8NDg8OKw4ODw4NDw4ODg8MDw8ODg8TRUNCATED
        command_off: JgBQAg0NDw0QDQ4NEA0PAANBcjgQKg8NEA0PDBAqDw0PDg8NDw0PKg8ODyoPKg8NECkQKg8qDyoPKg8NDw0QKRANDw0PDRANDw0QDA8NEATRUNCATED
    mac: DIFF_MAC_ADDR
    switches:
      - name: Bedroom Air Conditioner
        command_on: JgBQAg4MDw4ODhAMDw4QAAM0czcQKBEMEAwQDBApEAwQDRAMEAwRKBANECgQKRAMECkQKRAoECkQKRAMEAwQKRAMEA0QDBAMEA0QDBAMEA0QDBAMECkQDBApEAwQDRAMECkQKBANEAwQDBANECgQDRAMEAwQDRAMEA0PDRANTRUNCATED
        command_off: JgBQAg4MEA0ODhAMEA0QAAMzdDcQKBANEAwQDBEoEAwRDBAMEAwRKBAMESgQKRAMECkQKBEoECkQKBEMEAwQKRAMEAwRDBAMEAwRDBATRUNCATED

just upgraded from a functional 2022.8.0 Supervised installation to 2022.8.1, and it now won’t start the homeassistant container.

Not getting anything logged, and nothing changed in my config at all …

It’s got me concerned that it’s not even coming up in safe mode for me to be able to work out what’s going on - can someone point me in the direction of where to start looking ?

I can roll back to 2022.8.0, but the container still won’t start, is returning an error 143, which is suitably vague when I google it

Can you confirm if the first code you posted is working and not the second code? If the first one is working for you, than my theory is correct but if both are not working, than is something else.

After the update, all my entities were visible and the RM devices are still registered in the integration. Just will not respond to any commands.

Hello. great release!! thanks. I’m just wondering when will tuya doorbell press events be added in either tuya/localtuya/HA? Again many thanks even for just an estimate :slight_smile:

The first codeblock is a sample from one of my .storage files, which I don’t think is actually used directly for anything (I believe they’re basically temporary output files created during the learning process?). That is indeed what both of my files there look like though. The second codeblock is from my current configuration.yaml (and as far as I understand, that’s the bit that HA is actually reading/working with.

With both of those in place, none of the switches are loading in HA for me (although the devices/entities themselves do).

I just rolled back to 2022.7.7 and both of my switches are showing up now.

From the looks of it, it seems the recent update will only work with the first bit of code you posted. You will need to create a switch from those command if that is real or not.

What I did was create a script for each of those commands and than use those script to create a template switch. I don’t know if there is another easier way. So in your example code.

script:
  turn_on_kitchen:
    sequence:
      - service: remote.send_command
        data:
          entity_id: remote.rm4_remote # need to see what your actual entity id is
          device: kitchen_ac
          command:
          - turn_on

turn_off_kitchen:
    sequence:
      - service: remote.send_command
        data:
          entity_id: remote.rm4_remote # need to see what your actual entity id is
          device: kitchen_ac
          command:
          - turn_off
switch:
  - platform: template
    switches:
     kitchen_switch_light:
       friendly_name: 'Kitchen Switch Light'
       turn_on:
         - service: script.turn_on_kitchen
       turn_off:
         - service: script.turn_off_kitchen

I just rolled back to 2022.7.7 and both of my switches are showing up now.

oh. Seems like both were not working for you on 8.1 update.