2022.8: You can fix it!

Post the automation in a new thread, it shouldn’t be getting to the service call to produce that error.

1 Like

Hi

So I see the new 2022.9.0 release notes.
But where are the links to the forum for this release? where are the community comments?
Am i being stupid?
The link was always at the bottom of the release notes

They are always in the Blog category on this forum. :slight_smile:

Hi,

That’s where I thought the link was but this is all I get after several refreshes.

And when I hover over where the link should be I get

community.home-assistant.io refused to connect.

I had to google it.
Thanks

It doesn’t run for me. I’m using windows 11.
Thanks

Any news regarding the broken Bluetooth Tracker for iPhone? It hasn’t been fixed for three months now… :frowning: First time in years that I can’t update.

Nope, needing it as well. Isn’t there, also not there in 2022.9.4

Fortunately, there are others that feel the same about deprecated MDI icons.

If you install custom-icons, they maintain some of the deprecated icons, including the google-home one.

After you install the add-on, replace mdi:google-home with cil:google-home and get on with your day :slight_smile:

Their current icon listing is here and I’m sure you could request Discord be added if there isn’t a good one in simple-icons or fontawesome yet.

Deprecated. Depreciated is an accountancy term.

You’re a good bot.

Hello,
Sorry not to answer you but raise a question:
How did you pair it through home assistant?
I have a couple of them, reset them to make pairable but Home Assistant doesn’t seem to detect them.
Best regards

I reset them (5 times power off/on) and suddendly I get a message in Home Assistant (>=2022.8) that there is a new device. Then I get a pairing dialog, the LED strip is flashing a fe times and I can input the pairing code from the device. That’s all.

Hi @bdraco

Is that why I can’t seem to receive any event in HA from one of those Bluetooth remotes, despite getting it connected via bluetoothctl?

Described here: Bluetooth Button (Remote) support - #19 by antonio1475

It seems some people have achieved using the bluetooth multimedia buttons that @yousaf465 mentioned without an integration (well, maybe the Keyboard Remote one?):

Thank you

Someone has to build an integration for those devices before they can be supported

1 Like

Wondering why
a) this is still not available to be configured in the UI
b) it still uses the old known_devices.yaml file which I thought was legacy/deprecated… (Device tracker - Home Assistant)

I’ll give it a try (anyway).

After updating to HA 2022.8.7 ALL entities state of the mobile app (HA Companion app) were unknown until I opened the app on every device, for some I needed to disable and re-enable the sensors one by one. Everything was fine. After the next HA restart:

All that started with update to 2022.8. How to fix that? Nothing in logs.

Update:
Updating to HA Core 2022.9.7 fixed the “missing last_reboot” issue.

Do you have any idea, how to instal bluez on Synology. I tried standard ways, but did not work :frowning:

Did you ever figure this out? I’m stuck with this also

no progress :frowning: