2022.8: You can fix it!

I look forward to it!

Every night, all my Bluetooth device would stop working at the same time. I just discovered that my backup is causing this.

My scheduled backup breaks Bluetooth. I have to reboot my server :pensive:

Every time I restart HAOS, Iā€™m getting a repair suggestion.
Itā€™s because one of my entities is created by an esphome device and itā€™s state is ā€˜unavailableā€™ during start-up, resulting in this error
The automation "Synchronize states" (automation.synchronize_states) has an action that calls an unknown service: homeassistant.turn_unavailable.
Iā€™ve adjusted the automation (which came from a Blueprint), so that it doesnā€™t trigger from ā€˜unavailableā€™ and so it doesnā€™t actually trigger during start-up

Iā€™ve cleared the cache from my Chrome browser, just in case it was showing some legacy error message but it reappears after every restart. Iā€™m surprised that a service call is being checked if the automation hasnā€™t even triggered.

Iā€™m just wondering if anyone knows if this is expected behaviour?

Post the automation in a new thread, it shouldnā€™t be getting to the service call to produce that error.

1 Like

Hi

So I see the new 2022.9.0 release notes.
But where are the links to the forum for this release? where are the community comments?
Am i being stupid?
The link was always at the bottom of the release notes

They are always in the Blog category on this forum. :slight_smile:

Hi,

Thatā€™s where I thought the link was but this is all I get after several refreshes.

And when I hover over where the link should be I get

community.home-assistant.io refused to connect.

I had to google it.
Thanks

It doesnā€™t run for me. Iā€™m using windows 11.
Thanks

Any news regarding the broken Bluetooth Tracker for iPhone? It hasnā€™t been fixed for three months nowā€¦ :frowning: First time in years that I canā€™t update.

Nope, needing it as well. Isnā€™t there, also not there in 2022.9.4

Fortunately, there are others that feel the same about deprecated MDI icons.

If you install custom-icons, they maintain some of the deprecated icons, including the google-home one.

After you install the add-on, replace mdi:google-home with cil:google-home and get on with your day :slight_smile:

Their current icon listing is here and Iā€™m sure you could request Discord be added if there isnā€™t a good one in simple-icons or fontawesome yet.

Deprecated. Depreciated is an accountancy term.

Youā€™re a good bot.

Hello,
Sorry not to answer you but raise a question:
How did you pair it through home assistant?
I have a couple of them, reset them to make pairable but Home Assistant doesnā€™t seem to detect them.
Best regards

I reset them (5 times power off/on) and suddendly I get a message in Home Assistant (>=2022.8) that there is a new device. Then I get a pairing dialog, the LED strip is flashing a fe times and I can input the pairing code from the device. Thatā€™s all.

Hi @bdraco

Is that why I canā€™t seem to receive any event in HA from one of those Bluetooth remotes, despite getting it connected via bluetoothctl?

Described here: Bluetooth Button (Remote) support - #19 by antonio1475

It seems some people have achieved using the bluetooth multimedia buttons that @yousaf465 mentioned without an integration (well, maybe the Keyboard Remote one?):

Thank you

Someone has to build an integration for those devices before they can be supported

1 Like

Wondering why
a) this is still not available to be configured in the UI
b) it still uses the old known_devices.yaml file which I thought was legacy/deprecatedā€¦ (Device tracker - Home Assistant)

Iā€™ll give it a try (anyway).

After updating to HA 2022.8.7 ALL entities state of the mobile app (HA Companion app) were unknown until I opened the app on every device, for some I needed to disable and re-enable the sensors one by one. Everything was fine. After the next HA restart:

All that started with update to 2022.8. How to fix that? Nothing in logs.

Update:
Updating to HA Core 2022.9.7 fixed the ā€œmissing last_rebootā€ issue.