2022.8: You can fix it!

I believe so but I am unsure of Synology, have seen some users say USB passthrough doesn’t work well but not 100% sure on that

Not that simple, as the docs suggest you will need to install bluez on your host and then pass /run/dbus into the container so it can access the bluetooth hardware

I did this and it took 5 minutes and was working great, but not instant

1 Like

There are some exciting new features in this release, thanks Nabu Casa team!

The new Bluetooth integration is AMAZING!!! Thanks so much guys!!!

As soon as I added the integration my August lock was found as a HomeKit device and I was able to pair it very easily which is great because Z-Wave in this lock is broken. That said, then I try to unlock I get “PDU status was not success: Insufficient authorization”

From the August HomeKit help page:

If you receive an error that you have insufficient privileges, this is an indication that you are not the owner of the HomeKit home to which you are attempting to add your lock.

I read the HomeKit Integration page and didn’t find anything related to this, is this something that needs to be added?

3 Likes

Hi, Has anyone faced issues with Broadlink RM pro and this rel?

And yet my Yamaha integration still doesn’t work :stuck_out_tongue:

BTW How is the new Blutooth integration works with Passive BLE monitor one? Can they be installed at the same time?
As a side note: Passive BLE monitor gives me three entities per device where official BT only two. It’s for temp and humidity sensor, where official one doesn’t show battery status. At least for LYWSDCGQ device. Didn’t try rest of them as I’m not sure if I suppose to fiddle this way. :wink:

The august lock requires special keys to be used which homekit doesn’t have, in next months release there will be an august Bluetooth integration which will allow this to work.

3 Likes

Give it some time! :slight_smile: I changed mine an hour ago, all sensors were immediately available, but battery. Took about three quarters of an hour, but now they come up for two out of three devices. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s awesome, thanks!

Another question about Bluetooth, I noticed the Govee integration only supports a few Thermometers, any plan on adding LED strips?

There is one user that reported that the new Bluetooth integrations and BLE monitor work at the same time, but there is no guarantee. I will help moving all supported sensors in BLE monitor to a core Bluetooth integration in the future, but this will take some time.

1 Like

GOOOOOOD to know. I ordered a supported long-range BT dongle based on the RC changelog. Was about to make a post here, because the bluetooth presence detection didn’t seem to work although I was seeing devices with ‘bluetoothctl’. Your answer saved me a lot of frustration on an otherwise already warm day. Tx!

Again an update of the type:

Make backup
Update
Check logs - no errors
Quickly check working of essential things - no errors

Take a beer and enjoy the rest of the day.

5 Likes

Thank you for that tip. It’s the best I’ve had so far.
Everyone else says it’s impossible. With “Assistant Relay” I’m at least half way which is 50% better than NIL :blush:
Would you happen to know if it can be installed in docker as a container ? And if a ‘How-To’ guide exist somewhere?

Wait till you start using it before giving it credit :sweat_smile:

It stopped being useful for me years ago when Google added long prompts before every broadcast message.

https://assistantrelay.com/

2 Likes

Is the music cast integration an option for you? I find it works well for my yamaha receiver.

With only 717 (0.6 %) of over 160,000 users using the yamaha integration, I don’t see the yamaha integration getting a lot of priority for a fix.

False alarm. I restarted broadlink and all working.

1 Like

You don’t mention in your issue which model Yamaha amp you are using. It still works perfectly well for my RX-V685 receiver amps. I will however be moving to the MusicCast integration once it has source renaming and or hiding as other than that missing option it has many more features and controls.

Assistant relay works great, there are some people working on the v4 on docker. i’m using it and it works normal here. but in october the auth system is gonna change so maybe it will stop working.

for now it works :slight_smile:

1 Like

How come they’re still promoting it if it stopped working years ago ??
Is there any way to get in touch with the developers/maintainers to inquire about progress/updates?

Wohooo, thanks again- Great Release! Bluetooth support is rocking. Looks like i can remove 3 ESP32 that relayed some Sensor Status to Homeassistant

1 Like

@cogneato says it doesn’t work. You say it does.
I guess I’ll just have to try myself :no_mouth:

These “people” working on v4 for Docker - who are they? Do you have a link to GitHUB or a Forum where I can get i touch with them?