2022.9: Home Assistant Birthday Release!

It was born on my birthday? No wonder it is so awesome!!!

5 Likes

It’s done! Time to update

1 Like

Excelent, awesome job, i love this team!

Nice release, I love merging of settings and info in the entity popup menus. Also the hardware CPU and memory graph is nice, but I do not understand why y axis is adapting dynamically. This is completely confusing.

Does this mean you can use the BT proxies without plugging in a BT dongle to HA?

I’m looking too have BT control similarly like Zigbee2MQTT, as i run HA in a Hyper V which does not support usb passthrough.

Love the updates but…on the new dropdown sections of the automation they seem backwards?

Like, they show the ‘down’ arrow when they’re up and ‘up’ when they’re down. I guess they’re saying ‘click here to do that’ but it feels wrong so I guess I’m used to them being the opposite elsewhere. Normally collapsable sections point right when theyre collapsed and down when they’re expanded.

Especially strange for HA where icons normally show ‘states’ rather than actions.

Anyway a totally minor thing just the first thing I noticed!

Correct. A bluetooth proxy works without requiring a Bluetooth dongle.

5 Likes

Can we, the community, somehow help with the database of Zwave firmware for the live update?

Like, i just received an new firmware for my device directly from the manufacturer and would not mind sharing this with the community. Just upload it somewhere…
Or is that somehow unwanted?

How about the Bluetooth tracker (non LE) that was deprecated two months ago? Is there a solution for that already which works as good with iPhone as the last version did?

2 Likes

There’s a process for zwave js firmware updates, linked here.

3 Likes

With all due respect, ’BabeMischa’, I am not sure if letting Internet strangers upload firmware update files for my devices would feel very trustworthy :).

Thank you, will study that :wink:

Its not that simple. As anything added to HA on GitHub, it will first have to go thru all checks :wink:

1 Like

Excellent work! Hopped on the beta channel just to try the zigbee migration from a Conbee V1 to a Sonoff zigbee 3.0 plus dongle under ZHA and it worked like a charm!
The new automation UI is also very nice, much easier to create complex automations now.

1 Like

Are the iBeacons natively supported already?

The automatic naming of the collapsable sections in automations are not quite there yet.

Still like it though.

2 Likes

Very happy with the UI changes on Automations… also the enhancements to z-wave firmware updates… now we need Zooz to join the party! :slight_smile:
Great work! Thank you all!

Is there a ‘expand all’ button for teh automation collapse since its the default? I haven’t upgraded yet but curious. It sounds really nice and yet could be cumbersome at the same time. :slight_smile:

That scheduler will be welcomed!

1 Like

Not that I can see. I think you need to expand them one by one.

I hope a collapse/expand all button is added and/or a ‘hover for the content’. I have some very long automations. It would be nice to have them collapsed to focus on sections but then trying to find the ‘part’ would be difficult. The summary (in your screenshot) needs to be better too. Its a .0 release. Hope that all gets ironed better.

3 Likes

Im not convinced my upgrade has worked… although it reports 2022.9 I am not seeing a number of the upgrades… For example Hardware page (running RPi3), also automation screen seems the same on my installation… File Editor and HACS are also blank when I go to them…

I will monitor and see if anybody else has similar problems.