2022.9: Home Assistant Birthday Release!

Read the full release announcement here
11 Likes

Nice update, as always :slight_smile:

Very nice update indeed. The Bluetooth proxy stuff looks really interesting.

2 Likes

Great release! Wonderful to see the Schedule component. That should be a great addition. But I’m missing the part on how to trigger an automation on schedule start / end?

5 Likes

The schedule entity has an on / off state, use that for triggers.

1 Like

I’m excited about the bluetooth proxies with ESPHome. Awesome!

1 Like

Weirdly supervised does not show the update yet, but it is super new, no issue.

My question is: Do i need BT adapter in my HA server if i would use bt proxy in esp home?

Or if I add

esp32_ble_tracker:
bluetooth_proxy:

to my esphome config HA will magically begin to see bluetooth devices over wifi that the esp adapter is connected to?

2 Likes

It typically takes about an hour after a release is tagged for the images to be built.

You can monitor the progress here: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/actions/runs/3009346762

1 Like

Nice to see @piitaya joining nabu casa! Congrats mate ! Mushrooms everywhere :grinning: :mushroom:

5 Likes

Wow, this is an update full of things I’ve been waiting for, great work! Especially eager to see where the zwave update will go, hopefully lots of manufacturers will follow.

2 Likes

Awesome job again. It keeps getting better and better for every release. Thanks for all the hard work you all do :tada:

1 Like

It was born on my birthday? No wonder it is so awesome!!!

5 Likes

It’s done! Time to update

1 Like

Excelent, awesome job, i love this team!

Nice release, I love merging of settings and info in the entity popup menus. Also the hardware CPU and memory graph is nice, but I do not understand why y axis is adapting dynamically. This is completely confusing.

Does this mean you can use the BT proxies without plugging in a BT dongle to HA?

I’m looking too have BT control similarly like Zigbee2MQTT, as i run HA in a Hyper V which does not support usb passthrough.

Love the updates but…on the new dropdown sections of the automation they seem backwards?

Like, they show the ‘down’ arrow when they’re up and ‘up’ when they’re down. I guess they’re saying ‘click here to do that’ but it feels wrong so I guess I’m used to them being the opposite elsewhere. Normally collapsable sections point right when theyre collapsed and down when they’re expanded.

Especially strange for HA where icons normally show ‘states’ rather than actions.

Anyway a totally minor thing just the first thing I noticed!

Correct. A bluetooth proxy works without requiring a Bluetooth dongle.

5 Likes

Can we, the community, somehow help with the database of Zwave firmware for the live update?

Like, i just received an new firmware for my device directly from the manufacturer and would not mind sharing this with the community. Just upload it somewhere…
Or is that somehow unwanted?

How about the Bluetooth tracker (non LE) that was deprecated two months ago? Is there a solution for that already which works as good with iPhone as the last version did?

2 Likes