2022.9: Home Assistant Birthday Release!

There’s a process for zwave js firmware updates, linked here.

3 Likes

With all due respect, ’BabeMischa’, I am not sure if letting Internet strangers upload firmware update files for my devices would feel very trustworthy :).

Thank you, will study that :wink:

Its not that simple. As anything added to HA on GitHub, it will first have to go thru all checks :wink:

1 Like

Excellent work! Hopped on the beta channel just to try the zigbee migration from a Conbee V1 to a Sonoff zigbee 3.0 plus dongle under ZHA and it worked like a charm!
The new automation UI is also very nice, much easier to create complex automations now.

1 Like

Are the iBeacons natively supported already?

The automatic naming of the collapsable sections in automations are not quite there yet.

Still like it though.

2 Likes

Very happy with the UI changes on Automations… also the enhancements to z-wave firmware updates… now we need Zooz to join the party! :slight_smile:
Great work! Thank you all!

Is there a ‘expand all’ button for teh automation collapse since its the default? I haven’t upgraded yet but curious. It sounds really nice and yet could be cumbersome at the same time. :slight_smile:

That scheduler will be welcomed!

1 Like

Not that I can see. I think you need to expand them one by one.

I hope a collapse/expand all button is added and/or a ‘hover for the content’. I have some very long automations. It would be nice to have them collapsed to focus on sections but then trying to find the ‘part’ would be difficult. The summary (in your screenshot) needs to be better too. Its a .0 release. Hope that all gets ironed better.

3 Likes

Im not convinced my upgrade has worked… although it reports 2022.9 I am not seeing a number of the upgrades… For example Hardware page (running RPi3), also automation screen seems the same on my installation… File Editor and HACS are also blank when I go to them…

I will monitor and see if anybody else has similar problems.

Clear your browser cache.

3 Likes

After the 2022.9 update, the configuration.yaml started showing an error unknown tag !< !include >
group

But everything works fine
There was a file editor update before, so I don’t know when it happened.

Even on my dual core intel host I had to wait some seconds for the new stats to show up. I can imagine, on a RPi 3 it takes even longer. So maybe just give it bit of time?

@petro : You were Spot on, thank you :slight_smile:

Group is no longer configured via configuration.yaml so that’s prob your issue. It’s gone a while though (since 0.107) so strange you’re only seeing this now :thinking:

You can configure Groups via UI using Helpers or using group platform in yaml for lights, switches, etc

EDIT: seems I’m wide of the mark and incorrect here in case anyone else reading this…groups can still be configured via yaml, it’s just not recommended…thanks to the community (see below) for correcting me, especially those who did so constructively :+1:t2:

From the link, you posted:

YAML Configuration

Alternatlively, this integration can be configured and set up manually via YAML instead. Here are example of how to configure groups when using the configuration.yaml file.

3 Likes

I don’t think that’s true. :slight_smile: unless that was in this release.

EDIT: IT isn’t in this release. They are perfectly still configurable in YAML.

2 Likes

This is not caused by HA update, the culprit is the new version of File editor.
There is an open issue https://github.com/home-assistant/addons/issues/2656

Strange, I also have groups defined the same way, I did update the File editor, and I do not have this warning…