2023.1: Happy New Year of the voice!

Read the full release announcement here
7 Likes

Works fine for me! Nice start of the new year!

2 Likes

Looked like pi-hole didnā€™t make it to 2022.12.9 - but it works now in this release.
Great work!!

1 Like

Would be possible one day via the new google home SDK to collect some sensor value only defined into GH ?

Iā€™m getting ā€œredirect_uri_mismatchā€ When trying to set the AUTH for the Google SDK integration.

ā€œAccess blocked: This appā€™s request is invalidā€

3 Likes

Props to @bdraco for his amazing work on bluetooth and Yale integrations! It is much appreciated!!

3 Likes

Seems to run well, Thx.
Just 2 custom cards that didnā€™t want to work anymore. Digital clock and weather card. After downloading them again the issue was solved.

2 Likes

Google Assistant SDK: Fire event with request/response for automations by tronikos Ā· Pull Request #84856 Ā· home-assistant/core Ā· GitHub would have allowed this using events, but we need to wait for a supported way to have return values for service calls, which is discussed in Service calls with return values Ā· Discussion #777 Ā· home-assistant/architecture Ā· GitHub

2 Likes

Thank you for another cool update. Loving the Google Assistant SDK, I used to use Relay Assistant but it wasnā€™t maintained and became pretty unstable. Resurrecting some old scripts now!

Thank you for the updates to the Local Calender integration; those are the things I really wanted to see in it.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Export Alexa devices

Always excited to see a new release. Happy New Year and a big thank you to all involved.

Interesting, my Pi-Hole integration was working until 2023.1.0. I even removed it and now cannot re-add. Did I miss something in the prior release notes?

You probably need to update Pi-Hole (latest is 2022.12.1, which wasnā€™t working with Home Assistant until 2023.1).

Already have Pi-Hole 2022.12.1, so sadly that canā€™t be it.

Discovered that the Harmony Hub Integration is no longer working for me, the harmony conf file no longer has any devices or activities in it.

Great work! I canā€™t wait to have voice assistant working locally!
Regarding the new Reolink integration, Iā€™ve tried it with my Wi-Fi doorbell and I can only see the camera entities but nothing elseā€¦ I was expecting for a sensor when the button is pressed, is that in the works?
Thanks!

Iā€™ll also report that the Pi-Hole integration seems to have broken with the upgrade to 2023.1.

Latest Pi-Hole is installed.

Pi-Hole Integration not working - Configuration - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io) looks like the issue to follow.

Iā€™ve tested the official Reolink integration with RLC-520 and RLC-820A cameras, and the resulting camera entities appear to work fine (other than the main streams on the RLC-820As, although I suspect thatā€™s due to issues with H.265).

1 Like

This update seems to have wrecked my system. Only been using Home Assistant for a couple of weeks, so maybe I did something stupid, but I canā€™t work out how to go back.

After installing the update, restart took a long time, then I got a notification ā€œSetup failed for custom integration ltss: Requirements for ltss not found: [ā€˜geoalchemy2>=0.8,<0.9ā€™]ā€

Not knowing what I else to do, I found the backup made before updating and clicked restore. When HA restarted, it had the same error about ltss.

So I went to look at configuration.yaml, but could not start studio code server. I tried installing the basic file editor add-on; it appeared to install, but cannot start.

So I went and restored last nightā€™s backup. Same issues. (What are the backups for if they donā€™t work to restore the system?)

I guess when I get home Iā€™ll wipe the system and start again, unless anyone can suggest a simple fix. Iā€™ve only been running this instance since new year, so not a great loss (and I have the data up until I ran the update, assuming I can get a new install to connect to it).

But very keen to understand just what I did wrong.