2023.1: Happy New Year of the voice!

I’m getting some significant latency across home assistant after updating. Pages load slower, and simple actions like turning on lights that used to be nearly instantaneous are taking several seconds. I tried rebooting but the issue persists. Running Hass OS on a Pi 4 on SSD. Any ideas?

Logs. Always logs.

3 Likes

What install type do you have? (there are four).

The error message seems to come from this custom integration, so ask the author on that github (post an issue there).

1 Like

I don’t expect any issues. Upgrading from the beta right now.

It it now possible to use variables with the google SDK? This was possible with IFTTT before but never worked/possible in HA… Like example: add “choco” to the shopping list… HA should take the keyword “Choco” add use it in a service

I am having difficulty with Google Assistant SDK services. Logging indicates appropriate response, but without fulfillment of desired action (ie play music, broadcast message)?

2023-01-05 00:06:03.728 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.google_assistant_sdk.helpers] command: play music on main living area
response: Sorry, I can't do that yet.
2023-01-05 00:06:36.536 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.google_assistant_sdk.helpers] command: tell me a joke
response: Why can't a bicycle stand on its own?
It's two tired 😴 🚲
2023-01-05 00:22:33.509 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.google_assistant_sdk.helpers] command: broadcast Hello
response: OK. Broadcasting now.

(google assistant did not broadcast desired message on google speakers).

What’s the point of removing the update frequency from the speed test? Why force users to write an automation to accomplish something that was working perfectly?

7 Likes

Now how have more control of when the update takes place.

Hey Guys,
A very Happy new year to you all :tada::champagne:!!

I’m not sure if any of you know about any integration with Autopi; It would be something interesting to get all Our car Data inside HA, to build automation :slightly_smiling_face:

Best wishes,
Pratik

I have the same (lagging) plus DSMR reader stopped working. I checked the logs and only find these errors regarding DSMR.

2023-01-04 22:44:34.157 WARNING (MainThread) [dsmr_parser.clients.protocol] keep-alive check failed

I checked the logs, these errors start right after the update to 2023.1.0

It’s this integration

1 Like

Why we need now an automation in Homeassistant 2023.1 to change the poll interval for speedtestdotnet integration, is this really an improvement?
speedtestdotnet dokumentation
Why not leave it as it was, in the integration??
I don´t need speedtest to run by default every 60 minutes without a simple way to change it?

Sometimes i really don´t understand why things that are good get removed

12 Likes

always after a buck up restore power down the system not restart home assistant, a hardware reboot is what I do. Especially as addons can start but still tell you to start them, I have only ever seen this behavour after a restore though.

Whaoohhh would be great… Ok as far I understand, it need a (deep) change for service calling. I am quiet sure one day it would be done… Can be really nice, coz how many brands do only their GH & Alexa integration and basta… don’t open any API… It would be a way to overcome their lazyness

The issue of update_interval being deprecated in favour of entity_update has been spoken about at length on the forum. It gives more control.

1 Like

@nickrout
i get it, but why no option in the integration itself?

3 Likes

Because the options in the individual integrations are deprecated.

Same here for me

Oups. I didn’t realize that we really need to set https://my.home-assistant.io/redirect/oauth in step 16 of Google Assistant SDK - Home Assistant
I’ve set https://my-real-url-accessible-from-web url instead :sweat_smile:
With the url in documentation, it worked like a charm :metal:

2 Likes

So forcing users to write tons of automations just to be able to update sensors is somehow a better solution than just having it in the config??

4 Likes

this is all I get when trying to configure the sdk

but the redirect is in the list