2023.1: Happy New Year of the voice!

Horst, I asked myself the same question. No mention in the PR why this has been done either. A one-liner explanation or link to where it has been “spoken about at length” would have been nice.

2 Likes

Shelly integration is broken after update constantly flip flopping between working and unavailable.

And the new Google sdk occasionally works to send a command but with a massive delay the notify service doesn’t work at all though.

1 Like

How many users will do this?

The internal update interval of all integrations is set to something realistic that won’t have an impact on HA performance (CPU, RAM but also DB) but also on the other end (web server, API, etc.)

Is a speed test every hour not enough??

2 Likes

Has anyone tested if reolink wireless doorbell supports push button events ?

Did this release changed something on the “Tile Colors” ?

This is how the Tiles are looking by default:
Green Tile Color when the state of the Sensor is ON
Grey when it is off
grafik

type: entities
entities:
  - type: custom:hui-element
    card_type: horizontal-stack
    cards:
      - type: tile
        entity: binary_sensor.fenstersensor_arbeitszimmer_ost_state
        name: Fenster (Ost)
        entity: binary_sensor.fenstersensor_arbeitszimmer_nord_state
        name: Fenster (Nord)
title: Fenster & Türen

With the recent changes of 2022.12.x I’ve implemented some Card-Mod hacks to change the colors…
And this is how it looks with the CardMod in it:
grafik

type: entities
entities:
  - type: custom:hui-element
    card_type: horizontal-stack
    cards:
        entity: binary_sensor.fenstersensor_arbeitszimmer_ost_state
        name: Fenster (Ost)
        card_mod:
          style: |
            .tile {
              {% if is_state('binary_sensor.fenstersensor_arbeitszimmer_ost_state', 'off')%}
                --tile-color: var(--rgb-green-color);
              {% elif is_state('binary_sensor.fenstersensor_arbeitszimmer_ost_state', 'on') %}
                --tile-color: var(--rgb-red-color);
              {% endif %}  
            }
        entity: binary_sensor.fenstersensor_arbeitszimmer_nord_state
        name: Fenster (Nord)
        card_mod:
          style: |
            .tile {
              {% if is_state('binary_sensor.fenstersensor_arbeitszimmer_nord_state', 'off')%}
                --tile-color: var(--rgb-green-color);
              {% elif is_state('binary_sensor.fenstersensor_arbeitszimmer_nord_state', 'on') %}
                --tile-color: var(--rgb-red-color);
              {% endif %}  
            }
title: Fenster & Türen

Most users will never know there was a change. But this is the way open source works. There is always changes and often not to the better.

Issues opening some submenu Add-ons under Settings from with iOS / MacOS companion app.

"“Error while loading page xyz”

When accessing HA directly in Chrome via local IP:8123 this issue does not occur…

As would recommend (again as in card_mod thread): change colors of the objects directly and not variables. And avoid build-in variables in this as well. Then you don’t have to run over the coding again after every variable-change in corresponding release and only, if the card set-up is changing at all.

1 Like

I had most (but not all) entities as unknown and re-added it in 2022.12.9 since I hoped it would work. Did not do anything to it after that and it works now. I have all boxes ticked in pi-hole api settings and using the api-token.

Works on this is ongoing and may be available in a future release

Ramses CC is broken after update to 2023.1
error:

ramses_cc.sensor: Platform not found (cannot import name 'TEMP_CELSIUS' from 'homeassistant.components.sensor' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/sensor/__init__.py)

Tried to use the new Google Assistant SDK to finally get some information from my Phyn, but seems there are some limitations? I can use Phyn with my phone and Google home speaker, but SDK gives below. What limitations are there, and any way to get around this kind of issues?

2023-01-05 13:25:52.531 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.google_assistant_sdk.helpers] command: ask Phyn Device how much water I used today
response: Sorry, Phyn Device isn’t supported on this device.

TEMP_*** unit constants were deprecated in 2022.11. You will need to raise an issue with the owner of this custom component.

1 Like

You need to raise an issue with the custom integration that uses geoalchemy2, it looks like the integration is called ltss. They have a dependency that doesn’t match what home assistant uses or they are incorrectly calling out the dependency in the custom integration.

It most likely is. I have a bunch of these cameras and pretty much most things open source (that I’ve tried) do not support H265. So I end up changing that on the camera and lower the resolution. Usually works like a charm, I can’t remember the exact settings but I remember it’s only available via the web interface.

Harmony is still working here, what protocol are you using for harmony? Web or XMPP?

1 Like

Does the Google Assistant SDK support simultaneous listening of TTS notifications without one interrupting the other; In other words, is it possible for the TTS notifications to enter the queue one after the other?

1 Like

Since this update my CPU load is much higher then before.
I’m running HA supervised in Unraid in a VM.
It is running on a NUC i3.
The load before the update was round 25%, now it is about 50-75%.
What can cause this extra CPU load?

If I switch off the VM, the CPU load is dropping to 15%

After the update my iOS companion app is very laggy and constantly crashing

I have reinstalled again the app but same behavior.

System is also laggy in Safari on a PC

I have rebooted server but nothing changed

A specific integration would cause that. You’d have to find out which one it is and write up an issue.

No change to CPU load for me on HA supervised on ubuntu.

But I have to ask, why are you running supervised in a VM? You should be running HassOS in a VM instead. There’s no reason you should need supervised when in a VM because you can run extra containers on a separate VM.