2023.10: New looks and more tile card features!

Just for “the fun of it” i read the whole log this time,The WHOLE Change-Log!
My initial AND final thoughts was, “Humongous” :astonished: Do the Dev-Team track the “time spend” ? ( Planning, discussions/negotiations, coding, testing, evaluations, Discord-beta-time … etc.)

Hmm yes, thanks, I didn’t even think of that - the clue was that it looked OK in my phone when I checked after posting here. Problem sorted, thanks again

Safari on Mac, I do not have an IOS device to test.

Have you read the blog post? I work for a marketing agency and I’m quite impressed. It’s been thought through properly and is true to the Home Assistant brand.

1 Like

Well, this is also an opinion… :smirk:

You can express your opinion here: A refreshed logo for Home Assistant!

1 Like

It’s a windows thing. I get it sometimes on HA and other windows. What happens is the window scaling is on a knife edge and either going full-window or changing the size of the window will eliminate this effect.

I would just downgrade, but that is currently not possible even via terminal. I have no backups from that time, because many updates have happened since then and I didn’t see an issue until recently with the new core updates. I have spoke to MQTT dev’s over at GitHub and they said this is 100% a frontend HA issue and has nothing to do with MQTT. So basically this issue is not being worked on because they believe it’s HA core/frontend that is causing the problem.

As indicated in the previously posted Mosquitto issue they are working on trying to reproduce the issue. So please stop spreading FUD like that. It is simply not true.

3 Likes

hmm, I don’t use Windows :wink:
the main difference is the way these browsers treat the full view contents, as said where Chrome only moves the section below the menu bar (div#columns):

chrome

Safari moves the complete browser tab:

safari

I did test it now for browser window size but there is no difference. What’s more, I can not reproduce it now either… shouldnt have said that, using ‘default’ once again and the effect is back…

maybe its a side effect of layout card calculating view size when moving the view and its columns… testing that next. Its such a basic extension, I forgot it is also ‘custom’…

EDIT: Once the unavailable device has joined the network after this update, it works as before, ie with a not_home state when disconnected

I haven’t updated to 2023.10 yet but, I’m running version 6.3.1 of the addon, which includes Mosquito version 2.0.17. Does this mean I will have a problem?

How do I downgrade the addon to 6.2.1?

Thanks

No. If you were going to see an issue you would have already as you are already using the version of the addon being discussed.

You may have problems in future if you significantly increase the number of topics on your mqtt broker (like very significantly, 1000s).

4 Likes

Thanks, @tom_l

Did this one pass you by nickrout?

:rofl: and :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: but mostly :grinning:

New WeatherFlow integration is not receiving precipitation data. Tempest is showing the correct data.

MikeyM

Is there somewhere I can see before I update what entities in the PENTAIR integration will be migrated/renamed? I use this considerably in templates/automations/scripts/notifications and want to have a handled on what will need to change after upgrade.

Why?

I’m just teasing.
Helpful as he is (and he is) He does like to call out people who say they use ‘the latest version’ when reporting issues.
Possibly a misplaced “tease”.
I’m happy to delete it.

Except that actually links to the version :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like