2023.10: New looks and more tile card features!

I haven’t seen an issue reported for 6.3.1.
I also don’t understand how the broker could be the problem if the topics are there and communication is working.

This is clearly an HA-core problem.

It’s strange that MQTT GitHub are blaming HA, and HA is blaming MQTT. Nobody wants to take responsibility and just fix it. This is frustrating. It is a critical bug that completely removes the ability to use HA for Zigbee devices and I would have hoped it would have been a higher priority than just a blame game. :frowning:

Except they are not. Nowhere in that issue was this stated.

Starting to remind me of a Monty Python sketch:

11 Likes

Actually, they are.

Wrong issue.

What issue were you referencing by the way?

Yes, but same problem. Each GitHub blames the other then they just close the issue. No fix on the way from what I’ve seen. Seems the dev’s are just pretending the issue doesn’t exist.

That’s not even referencing the MQTT HA Add-on.

That is referencing MQTT standalone. Not the same thing.

I do not see any MQTT problems. I do not use the addon. I run Mosquitto installed bare metal with apt on Debian 12. Debian is still on a version called 2.0.11-1.2+deb12u1. And it seems 2.0.11 is the one the Mosquitto bug reports say is the latest stable.
Is there any reason why the maintainer of the Mosquitto addon does not release an addon downgrading to 2.0.11? Since it drags so long for the Mosquitto project to fix this.

For the discussion on HA vs Mosquitto being to blame. It may be that the way the connection is done makes a difference also. Or how long the socket has been open. It may be that sniffing with a tool is OK but after a while the messages are not relayed.

When I originally moved my addons to a Debian box I changed the IP address of the HA and gave the server running Mosquitto the old HA IP address. This way all my home made ESP boxes would not need to be recoded to a new MQTT server. Just an idea for those wanting to take control of the problem and not wanting to wait for a fix in addon.

1 Like

I use the MQTT HA Add-on. Version 6.3.1 (latest, stable)
This problem occurs any time I reboot HA. Then I have to play with it to get everything online, every time. I hope it gets fixed, but it seems it likely never will.

Because it is an issue with the mqtt base the addon is built using.

Just my two cents:

The MQTT HA-Addon has the latest version of 6.3.1

Checking the changelog will show that it includes MQTT version

MQTT Version 2.0.17 has an open bug where retained messages are not retained:

I would suggest to roll back the MQTT HA-Addon to version 6.2.1

That should fix the immediate issue until the bug is resolved in MQTT and subsequently a new version of the MQTT HA Addon is released

I hope this can help people that are affected by the issue.

5 Likes

I take backups. It took me 10 seconds to roll back to the previous version. It really isn’t a problem as someone else here like to think it is. If one have a backup, that is :slight_smile:

Huh ? Dude… This is a serious bug in the latest Mosquitto release (which is the HA MQTT addon). Mosquitto has nothing to do with HA, it’s an Eclipse project used by a ton of applications way beyond the home automation community (including a lot of industrial users). Of course it will be fixed. They’re currently trying to reproduce it. I’m certain a fix will follow asap once they found a way to reproduce this issue.

3 Likes

Well for me the update has destroyed my screens, headings are missing, labels have changed/disappeared and although what I can see appears to still be working, I’m not comfortable with it. Here, for example, is the Config menu.

It was all fine before the update.

I am quite few hundred miles from the machine at the moment. If I pout last night’s backup on over the top of this, is it likely to wreck it further or fix it? Or too unpredictable to call? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks

Try clearing your web browser or app cache.

Just for “the fun of it” i read the whole log this time,The WHOLE Change-Log!
My initial AND final thoughts was, “Humongous” :astonished: Do the Dev-Team track the “time spend” ? ( Planning, discussions/negotiations, coding, testing, evaluations, Discord-beta-time … etc.)

Hmm yes, thanks, I didn’t even think of that - the clue was that it looked OK in my phone when I checked after posting here. Problem sorted, thanks again

Safari on Mac, I do not have an IOS device to test.