2023.11 To-do: Add release title

Hi is there a way to add items to the list with voice commands? Is there a service for it?

Like, add xxx to the list?

I haven’t installed the latest release to confirm they can be used as filters (my guess is yes but can’t say for sure).

Nope… They currently only work as functions or tests.

1 Like

Energy dashboard date range!! we needed this since energy dashboard day 1. Thanks a LOT!

hello everyone!
great release

can someone advise how items from shopping list can be listed now?

I already tried with everything that came to my mind but no luck

{{ expand('todo.shopping_list') 
                         | map(attribute ='item') | list  }}

{{ expand('todo.shopping_list') 
                         | rejectattr('item', 'in', ['completed'])
                         | map(attribute ='name') | list | count  }}

1 Like
2 Likes

Which is the best way to show the todo created calendars inside a lovelace card?
I tried bot the default calendar card and the custom atomic-calendar-revive card but none is showing the entries in the calendars…

just found out that using:

type: conditional
conditions:
  - entity: zone.home
    condition: numeric_state
    below: 1

also shows when the state is 1… so below means 1 And below, while I would have expected it to be anything below 1, but excluding 1.

is this expected, or a bug in the condition… (might be the same in the backend use of it, like in automations triggering on numeric_state, I have to rethink/check that logic)

using:

above: 0

does seem to work as expected, and not show on 0.

Thanks @Neil_Brownlee this helped and I am back up.

3 Likes

Hi @tom_l I saw @Neil_Brownlee’s message and I am back up, I saw yours afterward.

None taken, just I do try to take every precaution and I thought I did explain clearly enough.

But the important thing is I have lights (and the rest) again :+1:

1 Like

So it’s a ToDo for ToDo’s.
It does need …

1. Service or whatever to list items, or better store every item as an attribute on the list
  2. Even better, expand that such that an item has
    a) “name”
    b) “due_date”
    c) OK I am reaching, but dependencies on other items

Like funny example but:

The name is “Become Uber Driver” due by “1/8/2024” and depends on “Get a job”, “Earn Money”, and “Buy a car”

At least due_by as date/time would be extremely useful to some to trigger automations on past due things.

If you do not implement dates due, then it isn’t a “ToDo” list … it is a “Wish” list and is named wrong, it is merely a shopping list.

Glad I could be of service :blush:

Multiple lists have been a major pinch point with my setup, I am ecstatic to finally move off of Google Tasks and have a truly robust local solution.

Thank you to everyone involved in making this a reality!

hehe nice… not quite the same but since Apple TV doesn’t support Screen Time (parental control) I have one that turns the ATV off if it turns on before a certain time of morning in case our daughter gets up before us :wink:

seeing this for the first time, processor use of 0% upon restarts, and a really unexpected peak of 100%

it does also throw off the graph-card, as it now states these as limits and makes that useless…

I’ve thought for some time that HA needs a sequence condition - a way to define a bunch of conditions that when met and “checked off” in order evaluate to true. It sounds like ToDos could be used for that, although it wouldn’t be as clean as the single condition block I was envisioning.

Yeah, good shout TBH. I had forgotten about the few I still had pointing at device IDs until this release brought them front of mind, so definitely taking care of those automations today.

Hi all, I added Local To-do to see what it is but now I want to remove it. Even after I delete the list I still see it in the side bar. How can I remove it? Thanks

Yes, I see Supervisor in the dropdown list of logs. All entries in there are green.

Anyone else having issues with automations ? I have many that no longer work after the update to 2023.11