2023.11 To-do: Add release title

About a week before 2023.11.0

And do you then start noticing the addon logs were missing? Or before it also?
Maybe we can compare custom components? Although I donā€™t believe itā€™s caused by a custom

OK so how do I send a shopping list to a phone?

Created an issue thread:

I admit I am biased because I made the card, but PowerTodoist (available in HACS) is a lot better than this for Todoist integration :kissing_heart:

But it is geekier, itā€™s for people who are comfortable YAMLing around.

Have a look at all it can doā€¦

Youā€™ve got to love this one :wink:

Any news about a fix on the automations IDā€™s issue?

I have downgraded to 2023.10, and Iā€™m still waiting for a fix in a new release.

If I upgrade to 2023.11.0, I lost a lot of automations working.

1 Like

Not upgraded to .11 yet.
Could you post a link on github to this issue?

1 Like

Yes itā€™s this one:

So, for some devices their IDs were changed. Is it about those human-unreadable UUIDs? If yes - never use them myself, always believed that they are kind of ā€œlow-levelā€ and may be changed any time.

1 Like

Iā€™m guessing that you meant to say ā€œadd the ā€˜Local To-doā€™ integration, via the [Add Integration] button on the Settings > Devices & Services pageā€ ?

yes, that seemed to do the trick.

Same here. My partner will probably only ever want Shopping List, and doesnā€™t want to go hunting for it.

Nifty trick I learnt elsewhere ā€¦ start with an underline (or other character which comes before ā€œaā€ in ASCII)

Yes me too

Automation visual editor always seems to use/put those hex-numeric device IDs, so how do you avoid this? Use only yaml editor? I also got the error with few automations, luckily easy to fix. They still worked fine before 2023.11 version. Not sure how, if the IDs already were wrong before this.

1 Like

Donā€™t use device triggers. Use State triggers.

3 Likes

Failed automations used time trigger, but had ā€˜if conditionsā€™ and those had the ID problem devices.

Still basically the same answer.

Donā€™t use device conditions, use state conditions.

OK, Iā€™ll try to remember that when adding new automations.

Worth mentioning: ShellyForHASS closes. It was the first Shelly integration in Home Assistant. Many thanks to HĆ„kan ƅkerberg as author and main developer. His recommendation is to use Home Assistantā€™s own Shelly integration.

2 Likes