2023.12: Welcome home!

An American home improvement chain.

This is a good reason for NOT ignoring upgrades. (Read breaking changes, first).

Home Assistant is NOT an appliance that grandma can buy at the department store and plug it in. I, and I presume most others here would not even use that.

The voice stuff, the ai stuff, our groceries and Todo lists.

1 Like

I’m grateful that you have made these posts, without them I wouldn’t be able to make the required changes

1 Like

@dennusb

Since you both had the same question:

They should be there, make sure you are using the official integration and not the custom component.

If it isn’t showing up, turn on debug logging for home assistant, and then please open a issue with your logs.

Is anyone in the community with the required skills able to take the source code from the last frontend release (20231030.2) of 2023.11.3, extract the classic thermostat card and make it into a usable custom card? I’ve had a look at the source code, but all I am seeing are .ts files and I have no idea what to do with them. I was expecting to see .js files, do a little bit of tweaking and drop them into config\www\community\classic-thermostat-card to be able to carry on using the classic style, a bit like it appears you can do for integrations/custom components. I’m not a fan of the new thermostat card and it appears I am not alone, so I thought I would have a go at it, but it’s a bit beyond my skillset.

2 Likes

I am using this add-ons GitHub - hugobloem/homeassistant-addons: Home Assistant Add-ons for Microsoft STT with Vietnamese. After update Core to 2023.12.1 all the STT output become English, I rolled back to 2023.12.0 and it worked fine.

Does anyone have an idea about it? Where can I find all the changes (in source code) between 2023.12.0 and 2023.12.1? On GitHub I don’t know till which commit is for 12.0 and from which is for 12.1

That is something you need to report to the 3rd party add-on developer.

1 Like

Anybody else get a noticeable increase in core memory usage with the update? Look likes mine is up by 5%+ since I installed the beta. Just noticed now. Not sure what integration is causing it yet.

Looks like my standby core CPU usage is down about 3% though so that is cool.

You do realise that the HA team do not write the software that the forum is run on?

What was taken away that you can’t find? I missed some bits, but found them after while.

3 Likes

It really would have been great if the migrations for homewizard plugs that made it to 2023.12.1 would have been in 2023.12, where it broke.

Now I had deleted all the old ones in the energy dashboard, and created the new (as per the breaking notes) only to find a day later that there was a migration for that in the update and we would have kept our stats. With about 10 or the things, that is a bit painful.

Unless I’m missing something the new thermostat card is actually a step backwards! Is there any way to turn the thing on/off or change mode with out going into the extra settings? On/off/mode really should be on the front of the control kinda key when you are controlling heat pumps and similar.

For those who don’t like the new Thermostat card either I highly recommend this custom card available in HACS: GitHub - KartoffelToby/better-thermostat-ui-card: a custom card for a better thermostat in home assistant based on better_thermostat intigration
You can swap the target and current temperatures with: set_current_as_main: true

3 Likes

2023 has been the Year of the Voice

My godness, finally, what a period, … haven’t seen a word yet about if we see something exciting for the upcoming “year of the …”

Personally, I consciously limit myself and talk to people rather than devices.

3 Likes

So you contradict yourself. Do you want upgrade instantly, as soon as HA adopt to target integration changes or you prefer to lose specific functionality and wait 6 months for stable, updated relese?

1 Like

Not really, it seems more erratic for me. I do have a random huge 12 hour 3% increase yesterday.

The arrows are when I think I updated the first beta and the first .12 release.

Please update to 2023.12.1. The buttons are back.

Very slight increase over the long term average:

However I connected a UPS via the NUT add-on and integration and some new zigbee smart plugs since the update.

The 2023.12.1 seems to have killed smappee integration…

Whatever broke on your system is a coincidence. That integration hasn’t been updated in 3 months, and it was a minor change to attribute names.