2023.12: Welcome home!

So you contradict yourself. Do you want upgrade instantly, as soon as HA adopt to target integration changes or you prefer to lose specific functionality and wait 6 months for stable, updated relese?

1 Like

Not really, it seems more erratic for me. I do have a random huge 12 hour 3% increase yesterday.

The arrows are when I think I updated the first beta and the first .12 release.

Please update to 2023.12.1. The buttons are back.

Very slight increase over the long term average:

However I connected a UPS via the NUT add-on and integration and some new zigbee smart plugs since the update.

The 2023.12.1 seems to have killed smappee integrationā€¦

Whatever broke on your system is a coincidence. That integration hasnā€™t been updated in 3 months, and it was a minor change to attribute names.

Haha coincidence indeed, the smappee cloud services have gone down while i was updating :smiley:

Now the other problem is that i canā€™t charge my car properly, but thatā€™s not HAā€™s fault

FYI, I just updated and no problems here (sofar).
I noticed your posting just before updating and I made a DSM Virtual Machine snapshot prior to the HA update (2023.11.3 ā†’ 2023.12.02), just to be sure. Didnā€™t need it (sofar).

(Synology RS820+ with DSM 7.2.1-69057 Update 3)

Dto. :slightly_smiling_face: No problems/errors with

DS720+
DSM 7.2.1-69057 Update 1
VMM 2.6.5-12202

HA VM:
DS_HAVM

Core 2023.12.0
Supervisor 2023.11.6
Operating System 11.2

Or now:
Core 2023.12.1
Supervisor 2023.11.6
Operating System 11.2

Sofar. :laughing:

I agree that while the new thermostat card looks very nice, love the animations when heating and cooling, etcā€¦, I would like the option of being able to see the current temperature as the main component / more prominently as it used to show before. Current temperature now on the card looks miniscule. It would be great to have an option to be able to adjust this, etcā€¦ It would also be good to see the humidity percentage on the component as well when looking at our dashboards. Thanks.

3 Likes

Man I gotta step up my screenshot notations. You and petro are making me look lazyā€¦lol.

After several updates with decreased mem/cpu usage I was surprised to see it go up but everything is still working swimmingly so I guess I wonā€™t waste too much time looking into it. I really wish there was more info about how to use the profiler integration. Iā€™ve run a memory report but I really have no idea what Iā€™m looking at.

Thanks for the data though (petro too!).

BTW the heat map for mem use is very cool!

Guess Iā€™m holding off on this update until I have several hours to sit down and redo all my Harmony Switch stuffā€¦ Canā€™t even being to imagine the work here, automations, scripts, HomeKit, Alexa setupsā€¦ Sheesh. Change for change sake, but what is the actual benefit here? Way to go.

ShareX, free open source screen capture software w/ annotations.

1 Like

Take a look at my last post to replicate your old switches without changing anything else.

1 Like

Agreed - MFA integrations could use a major overhaul and should have been part of this new ā€œfeatureā€.

Thanks for this, I will use. However, I do have to point this outā€¦ Letā€™s remove the built in switches, and make users script in 15 lines of code per activity = 90 for me (6 activities). What was the actual point of this? And how does it benefit the user or platform? Iā€™m not directing these questions at you of course, just venting some frustration around what appears to be change for the sake of change. Not really sure why this had to be removed. The ā€œintegration had multiple ways to control activitiesā€ doesnā€™t seem to justify it for me.

The funniest part of all this is that years ago when I first setup Harmony, there was no built in switches. So I had all this templated. Then they added the switches, and I had duplicates of every activity. So I removed the scripted ones in favor of the more user friendly switches. Now Iā€™m back to where we were years ago. How this is user friendly is beyond me.

3 Likes

I tend to wait for the .1 release and consider the .0 release as a release candidate. If you have a spare Raspberry or Intel PC, install Home Assistant on it and become a beta tester. More beta testers means more obscure bugs will be uncovered earlier.

1 Like

Frankly i use my production machine on the betas.

1 Like

Same! Running beta on my production to catch real world issues.

4 Likes

Also running the beta on your production machine allows you to interact with the developers and get problems that effect your installation resolved fairly quickly.

1 Like