2023.12: Welcome home!

Ah, this may be some config within Nabucasa Cloud that I’m not familiar with as I run my own instance locally and access it via a dynamic hostname when away. I’ll have to let someone more familiar with your type of set up chime in.

I vote for this. The actual temperature should be the important one, like before. That’s how we see with a glance that heating is correct (i.e. if a window is opened, or someone accidentally changed the thermostat to an overmuch setting or switched it off). The other improvements are welcome.

2 Likes

I’m wondering whether I should perform a rollback also because new thermostat card has broken my tablet dashboard design plus I don’t understand why main temperature is setpoint and not actual temperature like before :frowning:

3 Likes

Anyone else experience extreme lag with the latest version of home assistant? I went from 10.3 to 12.1 and it’s gone from being fluid to slow and laggy with the interface sometimes never reacting when clicking on settings, energy etc. Unfortunately it’s the worst experience I have had with home assistant in the last year.

1 Like

Did you manage to resolve this?

I downgraded to 2023.11.3. Nothing in the 2023.12.1 update’s release notes jumped out at me, so didnt try that one yet.
Made a seperate post in Dashboard super slow + high cpu load - #7 by fritz9543 , but nothing came from that either

Thanks for the update. I tried to downgrade but zha stopped working so had to go back to 12.1. I disabled all the thermostats (I had a lot due to using better thermostat) and the speed is back to normal. Hopefully the new thermostat cards get fixed.

I’m not sure to be honest. I came home Saturday night to find my HA server stuck in a reboot loop. I killed power to it, let it reboot and then had both ZHA and Z-Wave fail to start. I then upgraded from 2023.12.0 to 2023.12.1 and ZHA and Z-Wave had both failed to load again. I rebooted the server and now they are working… The logs appeared to suggest it was a hardware issue but the reboot sorted it out so I don’t know what exactly was going on. I didn’t have time to go hunting through the logs properly and copy then to post here.

EDIT: just dug up the previous log where it shows the USB failure for the Zigbee stick and therefore ZHA:

2023-12-10 10:01:11.587 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error setting up entry /dev/ttyACM1 for zha
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/serial/serialposix.py", line 322, in open
    self.fd = os.open(self.portstr, os.O_RDWR | os.O_NOCTTY | os.O_NONBLOCK)
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/dev/ttyACM1'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 402, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/__init__.py", line 167, in async_setup_entry
    zha_gateway = await ZHAGateway.async_from_config(
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/gateway.py", line 192, in async_from_config
    await instance.async_initialize()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/gateway.py", line 210, in async_initialize
    await app.startup(auto_form=True)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/zigpy/application.py", line 223, in startup
    await self.connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/zigbee/application.py", line 95, in connect
    await api.connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/api.py", line 454, in connect
    self._uart = await zigpy_deconz.uart.connect(self._config, self)
                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/uart.py", line 131, in connect
    _, protocol = await zigpy.serial.create_serial_connection(
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/zigpy/serial.py", line 48, in create_serial_connection
    transport, protocol = await pyserial_asyncio.create_serial_connection(
                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/serial_asyncio_fast/__init__.py", line 508, in create_serial_connection
    serial_instance = await loop.run_in_executor(None, callback)
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/serial/__init__.py", line 90, in serial_for_url
    instance.open()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/serial/serialposix.py", line 325, in open
    raise SerialException(msg.errno, "could not open port {}: {}".format(self._port, msg))
serial.serialutil.SerialException: [Errno 2] could not open port /dev/ttyACM1: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/dev/ttyACM1'

and then Z-Wave:
2023-12-10 10:01:50.080 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.zwave_js] Failed to set the Z-Wave JS add-on options: not a valid value for dictionary value @ data['options']. Got {'device': '/dev/serial/by-id/usb-0658_0200-if00', 's0_legacy_key': 'REDACTED', 's2_access_control_key': 'BCD03F2C23A26626E446E5963FF93E74', 's2_authenticated_key': 'REDACTED', 's2_unauthenticated_key': 'REDACTED'}

Like I say, a reboot sorted out both of them. However who knows what will happen upon the next restart or reboot.

1 Like

The HomeKit integration has support for representing the harmony remote as a TV. It’s usually a better experience to export it to HomeKit via the remote entity

Still I would like that the new standard thermostat card is reverted back to a version with the current temperature central in the middle with large font as it was before. There is already a feature request for it but I find it silly to have this request asking for something what was there before already.

I hope that comes trough in the next release. The way it is now doesn’t make sense.

2 Likes

Yup - toasted mine as well - constant restarting of the ZHA integration. Had to restore to my pre update backup. Havent been brave enough to retry the update.

I just added the logs to my previous post. Perhaps see if your system was reporting the same.

No such file or directory: ‘/dev/ttyACM1’

At a guess, the device name has moved. Maybe due to a kernel update or something, or a timeout.

dmesg is a useful command, eg

dmesg|grep tty

After the below, there is a heap of other info about ID’s… not sure if that’s helpful to post or not.

Sorry, couldn’t figure out how to copy/ paste the text from the web browser terminal window.

I actually have 3 USB devices connected and after the reboot, all are working. (Conbee2, Aeotec Z-Stick 5, Google Coral)

1 Like

Thanks! Updating a dozen cards and now it’s usable, I’d have personally recommended that as the default state…

Hello!
Is it possible to disable showing user profiles on log in page for local network in HA 2023.12 ?

I use external server as virtual hosting via SSH-tunnel because I have no external static IP. So when I log in from outside my home network my HA detects it as local and uses Local Auth Provider.

1 Like

did anyone also notice an error like:

/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/aiocoap/transports/tinydtls.py:166: UserWarning: DTLS module did not shut down the DTLSSocket perfectly; it still tried to call _write in vain warnings.warn("DTLS module did not shut down the DTLSSocket "

to show multiple times, and logged by multiple components?
I get these on
components/plugwise/coordinator.py:69
components/unifi/controller.py:377
util/yaml/loader.py:297
helpers/debounce.py:149

while I had always only seen the DTLS errors in Ikea tradfri, and because of that linked it to the failing integration. Apparently this is not specifically related to Tradfri at all…

so not solved at all…

Today i upgraded from 2023.12.0 to the latest version. It is using a lot more memory.
i am runnig HASS in a proxmox VM. Also did a complete reboot after the update. Reverted back to version 2023.12.0

I find the new thermostat cards too easy to change on the mobile Android app. If I’m scrolling through a dashboard with the thermostat card on it, I have frequently changed the set temperature inadvertently just by trying to scroll.

3 Likes

How exactly did switching the current and target temperature on the climate card provide the best experience for the larger part of users? I keep asking for an explanation that lead to this change… haven’t got one argument so far… A lot of people are complaining about this. If I’m forced into making a custom card for something that is common sense (at least in my opinion), I’d at least like to hear the reason why

9 Likes