2023.12: Welcome home!

I had the same thing. However after I confirmed to restore a recent backup of the ZHA Integration nothing changed and some of the devices are still unavailable. Any ideas what to do?

Post logs.

Found this from logs that relates to ZHA:

Logger: zigpy.application
Source: components/zha/core/gateway.py:210
First occurred: 21.11.20 (4 occurrences)
Last logged: 21.16.00

Zigbee channel 15 utilization is 95.12%!
If you are having problems joining new devices, are missing sensor updates, or have issues keeping devices joined, ensure your coordinator is away from interference sources such as USB 3.0 devices, SSDs, WiFi routers, etc.
Zigbee channel 15 utilization is 96.64%!

Stop shouting.

Private address ranges arenā€™t routed across the Internet. When you are in the hotel, yes, you may have a 192.168.1.x address but when you access the Internet that 192.168.1.x will be masked with the public IP of wherever you coming from via PAT/NAT (Port/Network Address Translation).

Hi there,
Love all the good work you are performing on Home Assistant.
I got a question about the new Home Screen.
I am using Home Assistant 2023.12 in a docker container on my Synology Nas.
When logging in, I do see the new login screen for the local network, but without accounts to select to login.

Am I doing something wrong, and should I adjust a setting somewhere?

Home_Assistant_Login

You donā€™t have any persons defined.

I still donā€™t get it.
Currently ther is need for a password when Iā€™m at home. And when Iā€™m in a hotel there is also the need for a password when I use Nabucasa Cloud. I fill in the password and I stay connected. Or when I want to be safe I disconnect every time and fill in the password when needed.
In the new system there is no need fo a password when Iā€™m on the private range. Whem Iā€™m at home that is fine.
In the hotel it will also open without a password. But that also gives me direct access via Nabucasa Cloud. Even when Iā€™m logged out there for security reasons.

I have rolled back to latest November release because I am not very excited about the new thermostat card. I have seen quite of number of remarks of which the current temperature back to the center position in large font is the most prominent one. I donā€™t read it has been addressed and so I stay with the latest November release. Annoyingly enough I run into a dead end street unless the feature request on the thermostat card Add option for switching places of target and current temperature in the new climate cards is accepted and implemented. I do hope the developer will appreciate the feedback and change it back.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback it seems at least one other user chimed in to say that they were having issues. My idea to install clean and transpose all the configurations appears to not work as another user reported that after installation the machine would not start properly but I have not investigated myself. It does seem to relate to the docker network and I am not sure why it is such a show ending crash/error nor do I have the time right now to figure it out

Iā€™m on 2023.12.1 and on the desktop there is no on/off/mode button on the primary view just temperature controls (-+) (which is what I mean) you have to click on the 3dots to get to the controls. Which is annoying, 3 clicks to turn the device on, click on the three dots, click on the mode, select the new mode. Going from 1 click to three isnā€™t great even if it looks nicerā€¦

Edit the card and add the hvac modes feature.

3 Likes

And I keep a test system on an older version, so I can say ā€œoh yeah that did changeā€.

So often on a new version I think, ā€œthat didnā€™t do that before did it?ā€

Another option is using VmWare with snapshots.

Hi Tom, thanks for your reply.

Figured it out. Used my persons only for item tracking, not for logging in.
Changed so also logging in is possible for the persons, restarted home assistant, and now it is possible.

The only thing I am not able to do is making my ā€œownerā€ account appear in the user screen, whilst this is not attached to a person entity.

Do you know of any option to do so?

Again, thanks for your reply. Appreciated!

Found the solution. My owner account was not attached to any person entity. Made the connection, and now it works.
Thanks.

This is really an amazing feature, didnā€™t know about LTS before!
Given that most data is actually not stored in LTS, would it make sense to add support for the InfluxDB integration as an alternative data source?

It would make even more sense to split these two very different functions out into two different databases. And then, yes, it would make sense that one or both of them could use different database back ends, at the userā€™s discretion.

Me too

Some screens with lot of gauges and power flow card plus for enegy for my home energy consumption are barely unresponsive

Once I enter into this screen the computer or phone is stuck

This changelog seems to be missing at least 1 breaking change with command line sensorsā€¦why was that left off?

I reviewed the breaking changes, and it broke things they were apparently only mentioned months ago?

P.S. your forum also seems broken, when you get the unformatted code popup it wonā€™t let you click either button (at least on Firefox, idk about others)