2023.2: How can I Assist?

Ahh , so it’s not the various devices “firmware” in specific, but the platforms ?,

Esphome is the firmware.

@Guillaume_Corgnet Did you figure this out? I have the same issue.

Updated to 2023.2.5 from 2023.2.0 Somehow all my Google Nest cast dashboards are “damaged”. Half of the entities are missing (consisting out of a lot of mushroomcards in a panel setup) I’ve restored a backup of last week when there was no trouble but that did not help. Few others see the same behaviour (thread). It looks like other dashboards that are not “hand build” do work. Anybody else experiencing this behaviour or maybe even have a solution. Needless to say that the family is not amused…

Before

After

There have been some minor adjustments to the dash but you’ll get the point…

3 Likes

Hi, I’m have the same issue. Cards show fine within HA dashboards, no console errors - but when casting to Nest Hub, or Android TV - the same cards are missing. Up until reading @DBM’s post I thought I must have messed something up - but as I’m only just in the process of setting up a Cast dashboard - I didn’t have a ‘before’ to compare it to.

I’m seeing some Mushroom chips missing, but not all / Sensor card / Mushroom cards / Mushroom lights - so my initial thought was that it was custom cards, but the Mini graph cards work fine?!

If it helps, I tried the CATT method, which shows all cards, but I’m trying to stick to the inbuilt HA cast method. I’m happy to try anything, if anyone has any suggestions.

Combined image, as it’s my first post so still restricted:

I use a sensor group to sum up my energy meters for a total energy consumption.
Unfortunately, when setting up the sensor via the new Group feature in the UI, there is no state_class provided to the sensor and thus, it cannot be assigned for measuring the consumption in the energy dashboard. Brings me back to configuring the sensor via configuration.yaml.

Am I missing out something here or is the state_class missing from the UI configuration on purpose?

There is a ticket open on the problem when casting:

Could finally someone fix this stupid issue that it is not possible to install homeassistant on python 3.11 because aiohttp is required in version 3.8.1 instead of 3.8.4 (aiohttp 3.8.1 causes incompatibility of homeassistant with python 3.11 · Issue #84117 · home-assistant/core · GitHub)?

Yes, we all know that homeassistant is the center of the universe and all software distributions are rotating around homeassistant and the are not alllowed to stay on python 3.9 if homeassistant decides that 3.10 is necessary and they are also not allowed to upgrahe to 3.11 if home assistant only accepts 3.10. But some distibutions still dont want to be in sync with the glorious and god like home assistant team and then the user has a problem installing home assistant.

You need to install homeassistant and run it with a version of python that it says it is compatible with, it is that simple. Home assistant 2023.3 beta has had changes put it place to make it compatible with python 3.11

Just found the respective issue on github: Sensor groups combining entities with state_class total and total_increasing do not have a state_class attribute · Issue #88245 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

Yep have that too. Running HA core on a NUC i5 with MaridDB. Never seen HA that slow…

And by slow you mean if you have a monitor attached to your NUC ? , or are you as bachoo meaning when you access it over your WIFI, which most likely runs on WIFIg, in best case WIFIn , check your Router also might be high temperature there as well ( who knows ) … my point is lot’s of people saying my HA is slow, when in fact they have no idea of “what is slow” ? … bachoo name “on/from mobile apps” , so what about from a wired laptop/pc ? same “slowness” no ?, well then im sure you have a wifi-issue
PS: i assume you NUC/HA is wired

No, the nuc runs headless and is connected wired to ethernet. Using a Firewalla Purple, I have set up a firewall and traefik SSL offloading proxy to make it available from the outside world. Even If I us HA from inside the local network, it is quite slow. Slow in loading a dashboard, settings page and even in zwave response…

accessed from a wired laptop/pc ?

Not sure about zwave, is it through a “local” integration, or a cloud integration ?

Yep, so I can exclude Wifi as the cause

I noticed that HA has increased CPU and memory usage. Since I am using some custom components, I disabled a lot of them. Disabling SQL sensor seems to help a bit…

I guess best way forward would be , as you mention, step by step, monitoring the logfiles in both HA/integration/Maria_DB, when performing a task that seems “slower” than expected/norm
Is your DB the “native” mariaDB-ADDon, or external etc, i know there has been alot issues with mariaDB lately, so this part i actually back out of, as i use native homeassistant_db

Hi all, is a instructuion existing how to go from mariadb 10.5.15 to 10.5.17?
I’m running HA Core on a P4 latest OS.
a apt-get command for maria db say 10.5.15 is latest Version.
other commands to get an update say no valid compilation for my arch
so any idea to get to 10.5.17 ?
Thanks

No idea why, but on my iPhone with the shortcuts installed according to Assist on Apple devices - Home Assistant, they are not working:

• I send “Switch off the bathroom light” - Siri tells “OK”, but nothing happens :x:
  • If I send the very same text when running the shortcuts (text or voice based - Assist/Assist Button), it works instantly :white_check_mark:
  • If I send the very same text on the iPhone inside the HA Companion app using the “Assist” button, it works instantly :white_check_mark:

No idea why. And yes, I’m late to the party and in the progress of catching up many HA Core releases. Not sure if my issue is specific or actually was an issue back in February?

Found the solution. Some Firewalla Purples have a bug. I got mine replaced and all works fine now

1 Like