2023.2: How can I Assist?

See that check the logs link in your notification? Click that and post the error here.

I got the same thing but after disconnecting and connecting the adapter it works again.

I solved the problem. Iā€™m running HA on a NUC. The Conbee 2 was connected on one of the front USB ports. I tried also the other front port and had the same result. After plugging it into one of the ports in the back, the problem was solved. Donā€™t know why, but it works again. Maybe the front ports arenā€™t working that great anymore, since the NUC is not that new anymore.

Are you calling out the exact hardware/serial/usb port or are you using one of the autodetecting aliasā€™s?

Hmm I tried a bunch of different ports and could not get it to work again, had to roll back to 2023.1 something is definitely messed with this release and the conbee2

The assist feature is hinting at something super cool coming. Iā€™ll need to brush up on whatā€™s currently implemented (or not) right now.

I have an LED light in zone ā€œgarage entryā€, intuitively named ā€œgarage entry LEDā€. Entering ā€œturn on the garage entry lightā€ returns and error, entering ā€œturn on the garage entry LEDā€ turns the light on. The entity is a switch so hopefully there will be (or is) a way to correlate this with ā€œlightā€, ā€œLEDā€, ā€œswitchā€ etc. in commands.

I can see a microphone in every room in my futureā€¦

@petro: I donā€™t know. Iā€™m just a beginner with Home Assistant.

@JeffreyHA: I tried also an other solution, because zigbee isnā€™t working that well with usb3.0. I took an older usb extention cable and connected the conbee 2 with that cable to one of the front usb ports. This also solves the problem.

Thanks, Ya I tried USB 2 ports and 3.0 ports. Spent 2hrs trying to diagnose it and ran out of time so I restored a backup. I imagine my Unraid - passthrough setup also complicates it, but it all works perfectly fine on 2023.1

Itā€™s best to call out the actual usb serial id. You can find that in your home assistant hardware page. Itā€™ll be the one thatā€™s super long. Something like /dev/serial/by-id/usb-1a86_TubesZB_971207DO-if00-port0

1 Like

The OpenAI Assist chat integration replies are about 5 to 8 degrees higher than actual with every one of my temperature sensors. Anyone else notice a similar issue?

That is a very weird thing to say. Shouldnā€™t be documented? What rubbish.

There is also the data site which does indeed document some things like tables and columns. Like here is the one for the states table

Typically things that arenā€™t meant to be touched arenā€™t documented. Turns out, I was mistaken about this.

That only encourages people to fiddle themselves to see what happens!

I am glad for the people that enjoy all the work being done around voice control, but I feel ambivalent about it. ā€œThe year of the voiceā€ seems like a very strong emphasis on something that is just another form of manual control. I canā€™t help to always remember Paulusā€™ famous blog post on the goal for home automation. I know itā€™s been a while since that was written, but I still build by this motto.

Honestly, Iā€™m not complaining: Iā€™m setting that context so that I can ask: Why is this so useful? I do use voice commands, but very rarely. Itā€™s usually when my hands are tied (pun not intended) and I want to open or close a gate or garage door. Maybe Iā€™ve turned a light on or off that way.

I can go read the voice YAML definitions to see what actions can be performed (and I have). Thatā€™s not what Iā€™m looking for. I really want to understand better where people find practical use for this where you cannot automate the effect.

With others around, I donā€™t particularly enjoy talking with computers.

Change the volume of your music while being in the shower? I can see that oneā€¦ :grimacing:

11 Likes

Will the Assist button will be possible to put directly on dashboard? I have theme which disables the top menu on mobile so I donā€™t have the button there :confused:

Unfortunately you didnā€™t mention that in this release the modbus version got a mayorupdate. That would be a breaking change in my opinion!

greetz

I think if you create a navigation button to ?conversation=1 appended to any dashboard it should open it

https://www.home-assistant.io/dashboards/actions/#navigation_path

on android you can create a shortcut from the app and be able to launch from the home screen

Same is happening to me for quite a while, not only with 2023.2. It happens only on one tablet, which is turned off until i turn on the lights in the room and turns off when i turn off lights again - in this case it wakes up, but often stays on white page with HA logo. I solved it in a way that when HA sends wakeup command after that also sends reload page to fully (via rest command).

My issue is not on FullyKiosk wake-up, but simply when I launch it manually.
It was working like a charm on previous HA Versions since years. Since 2023.2.0, i got this strange behavior. Restoring my system back to 2023.1 solve the issue (FullyKiosk displaying properly HA dashboard), but thatā€™s not the solution as I want to maintain by HA System up to date.
Hope developpers will find the root cause & post a fix