2023.3: Dialogs!

Read the full release announcement here
9 Likes

Bringing on home the improvements! Man I love this project so much! Thanks for another brilliant update!

9 Likes

For me precision setting possibility is the best feature since month, thank you very much!

Regarding the new more info layout I have very mixed feelings.

• Shouldn’t SETTINGS be parts of the three dots menu? It’s something not used very often. As icon it’s wasting space of entity description.
  • The vertical button is too big and does not look very nice (personal opinion). Especially in light groups it looks a little bit strange with having all the group member with classic switches far away on the bottom.
  • The back button on the top left is a little bit annoying for left handed persons. It would be highly appreciated to be able to swipe back, however swiping back leads to the previous page…
10 Likes

When can we expect the dockerimages to be ready to pull?

3 Likes

Pulling it now.

I am using a Pi 4 with 4GB. My Zigbee hasn’t worked since the 2023.2 update (I use the Skyconect stick) The 2023.3 update doesn’t bring any improvement either. I can see it but the ZHA integration cannot load. So far all the advice has been useless. Even deleting the integration and creating it again doesn’t do anything. Does somebody still have an idea? Otherwise I can really forget about Home Assistant.

I was interrested in the python performance improvement. Therefore I have updated my synology python package to 3.11
Currently available python packages on my syno:
python3.8
python
python3
python3.8
python
python3
python2
python3.11
python2.7

If I check the python version within my HA (docker - HA Container), it shows the following
Version core-2023.3.0
Installation Type Home Assistant Container
Python Version 3.10.10.

I guess this is incorrect? shall I create a bug?

You might be “Right” thou a “back-buttons” right place, is to the left, i don’t ever think i ever have considered placing my browser-back-button to the right, and the forward button to the left

1 Like

While python 3.11 is now supported the containers won’t likely be updated until next month to use it.

8 Likes

WARNING: After the Upgrade the database upgrade had lots of errors and it didn’t finished load. I’m using the MariaDB Addon, so maybe only there is the issue. Had to reboot the host system and it booted in emergency mode. Luckily I’ve had a recent full backup. The standard HA backup made while the update didn’t help. I had to restore the core, folders and MariaDB Addon. Because it’s late I will post the error tomorrow, but I just wanted to warn you guys! Maybe just wait a few days until there is a fix and more info about this problem.
The error had something to do with missing statistics table or something.

Those new more-info dialogs look amazing. I normally wait for the .1 or .2 minor release to come out before upgrading as if I break stuff, it has implications on the rest of the members of the house, but I cannot wait to actually see them in action … might have to go early on this one.

2 Likes

Also using MariaDB, on supervised install, no issues to report. Database upgrade took about 15 minutes, but after that all is normal.

1 Like

I am installind the Update right now - using MariaDB but not as an Addon.
The Update is clearly pointing out the following:

Logger: homeassistant.components.recorder.migration
Source: components/recorder/migration.py:161
Integration: Recorder (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 22:29:24 (6 occurrences)
Last logged: 22:29:39

Adding columns created_ts, start_ts, last_reset_ts to table statistics_short_term. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow computers. Please be patient!
Adding index `ix_statistics_start_ts` to database. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow computers. Please be patient!
Adding index `ix_statistics_statistic_id_start_ts` to database. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow computers. Please be patient!
Adding index `ix_statistics_short_term_start_ts` to database. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow computers. Please be patient!
Adding index `ix_statistics_short_term_statistic_id_start_ts` to database. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow computers. Please be patient!

grafik

So… the best thing should be, to be patient and wait the DB upgrade to finish.

2 Likes

Why do you not testing zigbee2mqtt?

Delete the zigbee.db and than restart ZHA
Database will be recreated and works fine again.
I had the same problem and nearly pulled my hairs

Which of these issues is yours? Issues · home-assistant/core · GitHub

1 Like

Love the new restart/reboot-dialog, and the card-info-dialog … i still have alot to learn about Matter, so iit’s installed, and my Aqara-M should been have been updated with new “Matter” firmware, thou i doubt it … something to look into, And i look forward to “fix” my aqara-temp with it’s 7 digits preciseness, i feel i really dont need to know

May I suggest a way to have assist when hiding the top bar? I presume lots of us hide it on our mobile version of the dashboard but would like to use assist, so a nice way could be enabling it into the sidebar.

Nice work with dialogs, by the way!!!:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

that’s too bad really, as we found and fixed several issues in the beta for you without you now… consider joining next time and help out the project?

it has been a long time since any of the betas actually broke HA, and even then, rolling back was easy

1 Like