2023.4: Custom template macros, and many more new entity dialogs!

Read the full release announcement here
9 Likes

Nice Work all !!

1 Like

Awesome release as always. It would be cool to see templates working in cards. That would be super useful. I have many generic cards O copy from dashboard to dashboard.

3 Likes

Many many innovations! Thanks guys!

Awesome work, thanks a lot guys!

RE Database scalability: do all these improvements still apply if you have migrated to the MariaDB add-on?

Is the MariaDB add-on still the better performing / recommended option when handling a lot of data for a lot of devices?

8 Likes

Great work! As always !

when it will be available as docker container?

Really good work! Loving the direction the design-team is going!

4 Likes

As always very well done! Congrats !

For those of you like me running HA Core in Python virtual environment on Raspberry PI and facing an issue with ha-av package related to libavformat, libavcodec, etc while updating, you can solve that by installing the following packages:

sudo apt-get install libavformat-dev libavdevice-dev
2 Likes

Thanks for the work to improve templating with the reusable macros. Very handy! I can’t wait to try it.

Guys, i used Kiosk mode to hide the header, but i think its broken
is there a new way to remove the header bar ? Kiosk mode (hacs) is unsupported anymore
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'querySelector')

3 Likes

I have 3 scrape sensors defined in yaml, the release notes indicate this functionality is deprecated and the sensors are imported. I don’t see the sensors in the settings UI. Also, there is no message in the log indicating I need to remove the deprecated yaml. The sensors are still updated.

Am I overlooking something or is this incorrect behaviour?

Great work everyone but the dialog for the alarm looks very silly to me with all the waste of space to just create a line for some reason. Could some more responsive design be used for HA?

4 Likes

You will get a performance improvement on all database engines after the background migration finishes. You won’t see the size decrease until the next auto repack on the 2nd Sunday of the month.

Unless you need to access the data externally, sqlite is likely just fine for most use cases.

4 Likes

New templates & macroses seem very promising, especially macroses.
If “relative_time” is automatically updated every minute - it would help a LOT with custom cards like “button-card” & “template-entity-row”.
As for new dialogues - same as said a month ago: nice but not very useful for experienced user, especially on a desktop screen.
Have not installed the release yet, heard about incompatibilities with button-card, card-mod & decluttering-card.
Also, full changelog have not read yet.

Great job!
But was there no fix for the broken Verisure integration?

Seems to have broken a bunch of my integrations (about 4)… maybe a python 3.10 issue? I am getting this in the logs for several integrations:

... ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error importing platform config_flow from integration broadlink to set up broadlink configuration entry: cannot import name 'QueryMessage' from 'dns.message' (/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/dns/message.py)
1 Like

HACS Kiosk mode broken

Logger: frontend.js.latest.202304050
Source: components/system_log/__init__.py:257
First occurred: 4:17:18 PM (9 occurrences)
Last logged: 4:27:09 PM

http://172.28.48.39:8123/hacsfiles/kiosk-mode/kiosk-mode.js?hacstag=497319128178:1:5302 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'querySelector')
http://172.28.48.39:8123/hacsfiles/kiosk-mode/kiosk-mode.js?hacstag=497319128178:1:5206 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'shadowRoot')
1 Like
1 Like