2023.4: Custom template macros, and many more new entity dialogs!

Hi,
I was using card mod configuration in theme, in order to move the header to the bottom. Seems to be broken now.
Any suggestion for the solution?

1 Like

I just pulled it
docker pull ghcr.io/home-assistant/home-assistant:2023.4

Yeahā€¦ my frontend with cardmod is also screwed up now with new updateā€¦ :frowning:

I got kiosk mode working using the guidance here. BREAKING: HA 2023.4 (beta) no longer uses app-drawer-layout Ā· Issue #27 Ā· NemesisRE/kiosk-mode Ā· GitHub

Basically removing the HACS provided kiosk-mode.js and adding the replacement one downloaded from gist.

1 Like

The same problem. I have no idea how to get the header down.
If you find a solution, let me know.

Now on to try to fix the background colour for my Dashboards. It is not respecting what is set in the theme. My Dashboards used to have a dark background colour from the theme but now they are white.

Shakes fist at skyā€¦ WHY

Nice!
Gonna hold off on this one, because the RCs caused my database to have a ton of collisions with indexes, trouble inserting rows, and all the usual fun that a new release of HA comes with.
Excellent stuff :roll_eyes:
Also, had lots of fun trying to figure out why my iframe dashboard wasnā€™t loading. Turns out the card was just set to be like 1 pixel tall or something. Great work!

1 Like

This is really getting frustratingā€¦ every update again things are falling apartā€¦
Now my cardmod modifications (and its not that much)
But it depends on important things like home-assistant-main, app-drawer-layout, hui-masonry-view etcā€¦

This fundamental important structure changedā€¦ maybe add these things also to breaking changes?

Also ive got (without any cardmod theme) double scrollbars?

1 Like

all fixed

Yes, it does. Same with today_at

2 Likes

Every release is a breaking change in which the HA team decides they know better than us plebian users. /s
So many stupid and ridiculous changes all the time.

@ HA devs: this isnā€™t Facebook. ā€œMove fast and break thingsā€ shouldnā€™t be words to live by.
Also, itā€™s especially funny considering this is supposedly an open source project that respects the privacy and needs of end users. Somehow it seems each release causes us to lose more and more of thatā€¦ Curiousā€¦

11 Likes

I totally agreeā€¦
And to people who are gonna say: ā€œhey man its free, a lot of people spending there free timeā€¦ etcā€ā€¦ yeah i knowā€¦ i also did my partā€¦
Its stupid to change these kind of things and pisses me off (and also a lot of other users)

4 Likes

They did go over on the YouTube launch party why they made these changes to the UI.

It has been made very clear that custom components are custom software and not a part of HA core. HA core will not validate if custom software is broken by a release, that is up to the maintainers of the custom components / cards.

Maybe you donā€™t like it but the maintainers have been very clear that is the stance. So there should be no surprise when this happens.

10 Likes

I think Dashboard themes are broken. I start with a new Dashboard, take control, change the theme and the background colour does not change to the one specified in the theme.

2 Likes

Ohhhhh pfffā€¦ yeah sureā€¦ i know its customā€¦ problem is that fundamental stupid changes are made.
Checkout the card mod threadā€¦ i think aaaaaa lot of people need to redo and fix there stuff becease of rearranging things like home-assistant-main, app-drawer-layout, hui-masonry-view etcā€¦

2 Likes

The library HA used for the UI is no longer supported by itā€™s developers. Theyā€™ve been shifting to a new library. Gosh, the devs of HA really are making it hard for us by making it work in the future by switching to a library thatā€™s still developed and supported.

22 Likes

On the plus side Iā€™m having Old Bay seasoning tofu with steamed green beans for dinner. There are more important things than my dashboards being broken.

Bram will fix everything.

4 Likes

It is in breaking changes. You just may not realize it.

6 Likes

Does anyone have any idea when Python 3.11 will be released for the Home Assistant OS? Shouldnā€™t that happen with this release?