2023.4: Custom template macros, and many more new entity dialogs!

I watched the youtube update video from start to end and was quite excited about the performance prognoses of being faster and having a smaller db. A slight disappointment because my performance didnt change noticeable (can be many things involved because I operate over the cloud) but my database (SQLite, vs 3.38.5) grew from 4.5Gb to 5Gb over night.
I could follow the migration quite well. High level of CPU activity and high temperature of the processor. There was certainly some migration fever there. But unfortunately larger after.

What could be the reasons for that?

grep --include manifest.json -r dns gives me

grep: unrecognized option include

Yes mine has as well. Hopefully there is a fix for it soon.

You need to run a manual repack with the recorder.purge service to reclaim space or wait for the 2nd Sunday of the month for it to happen automatically

3 Likes

That’s what I call great info :smiley::+1:. I didn’t know that! The coming Sunday is the 2nd one of the month so I sit tight and see! Many thanks!

Hi. Just reading your post. Please do yourself a favor and upgrade your system from a SD to and SSD. I assume you are using a micro SD and I can promise you that one day it will give up and all your hard work is gone. The basic setup does a backup to the SD as well and that one will be gone too!

Maybe this can help:

My ideal HA RPI 4 setup!

1 Like

Hmmm…
I thought directories were divided by \ not /. UNIX alone uses /.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
[ ducks down and hides under his desk ]
:smiley:

1 Like

Except that only a masochist runs HA directly on windows :wink:

3 Likes

Love the continuation of the new entity dialogs.

How does HA determine which dialog UX to show for covers? I’ve got blinds that tilt, but I am presented with the raise/lower slider vs the tilt slider. Is there a customization that can force the dialog to render the desired controller?

Having the same issue here.
I was using the “Caule Dark Yellow” theme, and now my background is white.

sorry guess you version of grep doesn’t support that. try:

find -name "manifest.json" | xargs grep "dns"
1 Like

Good point. I also run off an SD card and I rarely use the built-in backup tool. Putting the backup on the SD card (or frankly, any drive that HA is also on) is sort of pointless. I simply copy the contents of the config directory off to my NAS as part of my regular backups. I only run the HA backup prior to an update, then immediately copy it to the NAS also. I keep a spare, high-quality SD card ready for a quick rebuild and restore, but in over 3-1/2 years, so far, I haven’t needed it. Of course that could change tomorrow.

3 Likes

How do I hide all those alarm options? I don’t have those enabled in my manual alarm integration

EDIT: just read above you can’t hide them and need to use a template alarm integration.

Btw there’s a bug with code. Right now when I open the dialog and select for example to arm in Home I get asked for a code and entering any code makes it pass but when I’m in the card I can choose Home and no code is asked. Mind you I don’t have code added to my alarm panel

1 Like

How do I use the UI to set the preset mode on a fan in this release? For example, my VeSync air purifier has auto and sleep presets. I used to be able to set these via the Details tab in the fan entity’s dialog. Is that functionality gone now with the new dialogs for fan entities?

1 Like

This is happening to me too.

If wou want it to work, check

In my xp this one works more stable then the official one.

1 Like

This release fixed Verisure integrations for me.

I personally think this, and other deprecation messages would be good candidates for the repairs interface

2 Likes

The New selector capabilities doesn’t seem to be working. This is the example in the release notes.

example:
  name: Constant selector example
  selector:
    constant:
      label: Enabled
      value: true

This is the example in the selectors

boolean:
  value: true
  label: Enabled

this is what I get with no selection

I take it you read the posts above that on the matter?