2023.4: Custom template macros, and many more new entity dialogs!

+1
The whole Home Assistant is in german, but the enitiy states are in english.

Yes…same issue here after upgrading from 2023.3.6 to 2023.4.5. I have like 10 devices that got affected. Not sure if you or anyone found a solution other than redoing it?

After updating from 2023.4.4. to 2023.4.5 I m unable to restart Home Assistant due to this warning: Platform error sensor.solaredge_local - Exception importing homeassistant.components.solaredge_local.sensor.
Do not know what to do with this, the only thing is a backup back to 2023.4.4. Anyone else the same problem and how to fix it?

Hello, after ESPhome update to 2023.4.0 unusually high CPU LOAD started on HA host and stays above 1.2 all the time(even after host restart). Before the update load was 0.2 on average.

In ESPhome I’m using 1 ESP32 BLE tracker device(upgraded to 2023.4.0) and 2 BLE iBeacon devices.
Home Assistant 2023.4.5 Supervisor 2023.04.0 Operating System 10.0

I can see connection errors in the log:

Logger: aioesphomeapi.connection
Source: runner.py:179
m5stack-atom-lite @ 192.168.1.84: Connection error occurred: [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer
Logger: aioesphomeapi.reconnect_logic
Source: runner.py:179
Can't connect to ESPHome API for m5stack-atom-lite @ 192.168.1.84: Error connecting to ('192.168.1.84', 6053): [Errno 113] Connect call failed ('192.168.1.84', 6053)

Also ping to the ESPhome device is unusually high:

Tried to change framework type from arduino to esp-idf in ESPhome but no change :frowning:

There are four methods; core, OS, supervised, and container. Pick one.

Please open a GitHub issue and post a callgrind file from the profiler.start service as well as a py-spy

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/instructions-to-install-py-spy-on-haos/480473 but use 0.3.14

Ive updated that community guide some time ago with the 0.3.14 version, so that people can simply c&p.

also re-ordered the pid to the end of the line, allowing easier c&p there :wink:

finally, I added a command to output the files with a templated name, so they are always visible.

1 Like

@MT0321
Probably need to open an issue on this

I received a 2023.4.6 update notification, but there’s no release notes for it on the main blog entry after 2023.4.5. Someone miss part of some process?

There is, I was just reading them. 2023.4: Custom template macros, and many more new entity dialogs! - Home Assistant

After py-spy installation to HassOS OdroidC4 it seems not to work.
py-spy commands end with error:

thread '<unnamed>' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: ParseIntError { kind: PosOverflow }', /root/.cargo/registry/src/github.com-1ecc6299db9ec823/proc-maps-0.2.1/src/linux_maps.rs:81:65
note: run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` environment variable to display a backtrace
Error: receiving on a closed channel

Looks like it’s a bug in py spy. They could probably use another trace

In the mean time start with just the callgrind

I think the only way to get in front of these accessibility issues is for someone like you to join the HA beta channel to try to catch some of them before they go live.

1 Like

here the same, upd to 23.4.6 works but manual restart:
Configuration invalid!

Platform error sensor.solaredge_local - Exception importing homeassistant.components.solaredge_local.sensor

solar edge API and modbus seem still to work

Anyone have Tibber Pulse still working after 4.6 upgrade?

Rolled back to 4.5

Shame, your logs would have been useful.

We are now on the 6th dot release over a period of less than 20 days. How on earth can anyone have confidence in the stability of HA and the possibility that another breaking change isn’t going to sneak in?

I run my HA instance under Proxmox, which is really lucky because I do a Proxmox backup of the VM before trying any upgrade. I had to roll this back after a couple of hours. I am not going to try again until we have at least a 2 week gap between dot releases.

Isn’t about time the HA developers introduced an LTS cycle?

Why this? Just stay one month behind the current monthly release and you are fine with your requirements.

Why should other users, who are waiting for fixes have to wait longer, because on the one hand side you want to use the newest release but want less updates?

4 Likes

Minor updates are bug-fix only. No breaking changes.

2 Likes

Without concrete information or saying where you need help makes it just a rant.

A breaking change is a planned thing.

The dot releases are typically all bug fixes.

Breaking changes are mentioned in the release notes.

Of course there could be new bugs. Nobody breaks things here deliberately to annoy users.

1 Like