2023.4: Custom template macros, and many more new entity dialogs!

check my other posts:

1 Like

Thank you very much parautenbach
Could you please check my question here ?
I still havenā€™t found a working solution for using templates in dynamic strings(messages), maybe itā€™s something easy I just canā€™t find outā€¦

Hello
Two days ago I finally managed to find the courage for HA update from v2022.8.last

I was surprised how smooth it went. The only bigger issue was with mqtt integration which didnā€™t started. the message in logs was mentioning something incompatible in the integration config. But the config was already managed by GUI so I was not able to fix it. Fortunately there is the ā€œreconfigureā€ option available which solved the problem.

There were also a few mqtt entities left in old format. Error messages donā€™t give any idea where to find them. Nothing surprising though. Knowing my own system I quickly managed that. It was easier with mqtt lights incompatibilities. It shows whole light yaml pointing me to exact entity.

I knew I will have to workout my theme but at the end it was enough to update card-mod and make a few touches.

But all the rest went without problems. Database conversion being done in a background is outstanding work. Considering my HA was 8 major releases behind I can say the process went better than I expected. Without mqtt issue it would have been flawless.

6 Likes

It really is unacceptable to come to a release thread and NOT complain! What were you thinking?

12 Likes

After update to 4.4 (I have not done 4.1,4.2 or 4.3) my network video recorder onvif fails and I lose camera and motion entitys.Screenshot (58)

2 Likes

Looks like it may be fixed in .5

With one of the .4.x releases, my (AVM) fritz-integration jumped now in top 3 of duration of start times. Around 60 seconds. Every start. Didnā€™t find an issue on githup and only want to double-check if someone else has this as well?

Youā€™re lucky I saw this message. :slight_smile:

Perhaps start a new post and tag me there. Iā€™m assuming youā€™re referring to my general help post about imports.

When you want to get someoneā€™s attention, hit the reply arrow on their message (the small grey one; not the blue button), quote some text from it or use an @ mention. The link you used wonā€™t cause a notification (at the same time donā€™t just tag people that werenā€™t involved in your issue).

1 Like

I have the same issue. My ONVIF cameras are fine, just not the recorder. When I click ā€œcheck the logsā€ it says there is nothing relative to ONVIFā€¦

Hopefully Nicolas is correct and we see this fixed soon.

Perhaps you should post logs to your github issue.

Yes I used the wrong reply button and after realizing tried to remove the whole post but it stayed as empty so I decided to edit it and put your name to the header to get your attention :slight_smile:
P.S. Will use @ as you are suggesting below, thnx

A link to someoneā€™s profile does nothing, unfortunately. You need to use an @ mention. If youā€™ve created a new post as I suggested and you didnā€™t tag me like that, I wonā€™t find that post.

Not sure if itā€™s the right place to ask, but the database size has been mentioned quite a few times in this thread. I do a full backup every 3 days. After the 2023.4 update, the last four backups look like this:

I was happy to notice the steep decrease in size 3 days ago, but now I see it got back to ~7.0GB. Can anyone help me understand? Thanks.

First look inside your backups (theyā€™re just compressed archives, use 7zip or similar) and confirm it is the database taking up the space.

Right. It looks that influxdb was actually responsible for the significant difference in size, although I see no reason for the sudden drop and raise. Iā€™ll keep digging. Thanks!

Iā€™d prefer if you made a separate post about this.

Your question is missing some info. We need to see the full usage (show one full automation). Also show the contents of the template file.

Petro or another admin, if you see this, feel free to split this off if you feel itā€™s too tangential for the release thread.

I notice that 2023.4.5 has broken the state in local language on frontend. Normally state is always translated in the language selected on frontend (for instance when using the state in custom:button-card). I havenā€™t change anything else, but just updated from 2023.4.3 to 4.5 and noticed this. Any one else noticed this as well?

Iā€™ll create a ticket soon, unless someone beats me to it.

I have seen issues with custom cards: multiple-entity-row, template-entity-row, button-card.
There are registered tickets for this in corresponding repos.
Are you having issues with conventional cards?

Thank you for confirming! I only use state variable for a few button-cards, so only seen it there. Iā€™ll wait for an update, till then my Dashboard will just have to be bilingual :wink:

I have created a new topic outside of this thread related to my question here