2023.4: Custom template macros, and many more new entity dialogs!

Think you replied to the wrong guy

Start with HA logs and the supervisor logs.

Sadly 2023.4.2 didnt fix the issue for me. Now frequently each day the recorder takes the full value from my energy monitor rather than the change, and so I have to manually edit my consumption data.

Tried to fix that, but the original reply seems to stick

thank you @Mariusthvdb and @petro for your prompt answers. I will perform the upgrade over the weekend.

Given a 50GB database, its possible the migration is still going on and the problem will resolve itself.

If it doesn’t, please open an issue with any queries that are coming up in the slow query log and we will try to address them.

Anyone else’s button entity in lovelace broke after updating to 2023.4.3? It was fine in 4.2

5 Likes

Mine was also gone. I just rolled back to 2023.4.2.

I lost my Telldus Live integration with 2023.4.3. Ticket Unable to add Telldus Live integration with Home Assistant 2023.4.3 ¡ Issue #91323 ¡ home-assistant/core ¡ GitHub created

I have problem with panel card (when only 1 panel is on the frontend). Lost side sroll bal, and can not move down and have no access for the card button in my tablet. Problem is occured after 4.0 update. A tested 4.1-4.3 but does not changes. I do not know how can i solve without downgrade.

It was a problem on Telldus side. Working fine now, ticket closed.

Any info when the navigation bar chevron issue will be fixed? It’s still there in 2023.4.3 version :frowning:

I have not sene any solution yet…

Nowhere I stated, there is a solution.

Just pointed you to the place, where you can join the row of waiting people for a fix. So now you know, it’s not only you. And if you put a thumb up there on the issue, devs will know, how many people are suffering this issue :wink:

1 Like

I have the same - I lost all buttons on 2023.4.3 - looks like 2023.4.x seams to be huge prima aprilis joke :slight_smile:

Hello,

Do you know the link of the issue on GitHub? I couldn’t find it.
Regards

Found: Button card not showing in 2023.4.3 ¡ Issue #16155 ¡ home-assistant/frontend ¡ GitHub

Yip - my buttons entities are all gone as well. My dashboard now looks like a half-baked idea. Rolled back to 2023.4.2

speaking about ‘gone buttons’: didn’t we have a sync my devices button in the cloud panel/ Google Assistant? now only see a ‘Manage’ button, but I seem to recall I pressed a quick sync button there when changing something in the cloud config?

Hard to search for button here in this thread, but at least I didn’t find something related to

type: button
entity: light.living_room

is not displayed here at all. Only if I switch a theme, form custom to custom or standard to custom or custom to standard they appear, but disappear after page reload again.

Secondly, even in default theme I have the left/right arrow in top bar

even if there is enough space and no scrolling needed. They directly disappear if I click on any of these arrows but re-appear after page reload.