2023.4: Custom template macros, and many more new entity dialogs!

I noticed several other users mention that, but it is a bit odd. Can’t say I miss any of them, either stand alone, or in footer. they all appear as before.
there’s Button card not showing in 2023.4.3 · Issue #16155 · home-assistant/frontend · GitHub

the chevrons in the header is raised in Frontend

migration schemas went fine… vaguely remember 34 and 36 versions succeeded. Then i had a restart of HA and it started ‘fixing column’. That alter table command killed my maria db in the end (running in docker) when it restarted, progress was way too slow and the exclusive lock on the table made it unresponsive.
Maybe just my db instance with millions of records to a tmp table was not sturdy enough. Gonna check more on DB changes in future.

The fixing column is an auto repair unrelated to the migration. It means the schema was created incorrectly at some point and its repairing it to be the correct type.

Not sure why, by after this update, a bunch of my button cards are showing up as big blank spots on my dashboard. I haven’t had a chance to dig in yet because I’m on my way to work, but does anyone know why?

Downgrade to 2023.4.2, it’s an issue that is getting patched ASAP. There’s many threads on the forums about it.

How do I downgrade?

Through the SSH addon

just change the time format in the profile. no need to downgrade.

Could you be more specific. change time format to what?

better like this? :slight_smile:
the issue there is only with Auto set.

I have the same on frigate:
Error in Version 3 on ffmpeg

2023-04-13 12:03:13.892259651 [2023-04-13 14:03:13] watchdog.xxxxx ERROR : Ffmpeg process crashed unexpectedly for xxxxx.
2023-04-13 12:03:13.892281410 [2023-04-13 14:03:13] watchdog.xxxxx ERROR : The following ffmpeg logs include the last 100 lines prior to exit.
2023-04-13 12:03:13.892289780 [2023-04-13 14:03:13] ffmpeg.xxxx.detect ERROR : [rtsp @ 0x5582cf5130] Unable to open RTSP for listening

Hey Thanks for the info. I changed the time and my buttons came back. Then I reset the time to Auto and the buttons remained ‘fixed’. Just in case you’re interested.

try to refresh… after.

Is there already one opened, where I can add my examples as well?

Interesting is, that the ha-drawer and everything up to html is not using the full screen here in some cases, as you can see in the screenshot.

In tests, sometimes the 100% heigh in ha-drawer and sometimes the calculated hight of #view in hui-root as connection to this gap if I tested some of this.

And even on pages without double-scroobars, they stay (until reload) if I come from one with double-scrollbar.

2023.4.4 is in the build process as I type this.

This version should fix the button card issue.

Update: Published.

3 Likes

One of the latest releases (4.1 … 4.4) broke “multiple-entity-row” - now entity state is displayed as a “raw” value, w/o localization (see this issue):

type: entities
entities:
  - type: custom:multiple-entity-row
    entity: person.ildar
    entity: binary_sensor.testing_device_class_connectivity
    entity: sun.sun

Ofc this is a custom card - but I have not seen any reported breaking changes in HA in part of functionality used by custom cards.

OK, there were changes related to Polymer - but I do not think this is related to it - as well as to other changes which took place last week and caused (or not caused yet) corresponding fixes in Frontend.

2023.4.4 solved the missing buttons issue :wink: Tested right now.

This card uses copied code from frontend so the code need to be maintained and updated.
BTW, there are open issues in the repository for this.

Thank you, just saw your post.