2023.4: Custom template macros, and many more new entity dialogs!

Yes it is frustrating that custom card developers do not keep up and fix their cards. It happens release after release. Goddamn slackers.

3 Likes

there is a regression in command line sensors and also a quick fix suggested:

the fix works for me (command line sensor states are generated again and not unknown) but the PR was rejected (or rather a completly different implementation was suggested).

i worked around this by copying homeassistant/components/command_line to custom_components and changing line 141 in sensor.py as suggested until there is a fix.

Thanks for the reply-- but in what context? I am running HA in docker-composeā€¦ Wouldnā€™t this just be included in the image?

Yes it should be, but you might have a custom component that is pinning it to an older version

15 posts were split to a new topic: Yaml Custom UI tangent

Ah ok. Any idea what I might look for to identify the offending custom component? Iā€™m a Java developer-- my python-foo is weak :confused:

It seems like itā€™s consistently ā€œmigrating states context_idsā€ and ā€œmigrating entity_idsā€

Is this behaviour to be expected in a normal database upgrade?

app_1  | 2023-04-05 22:24:14.475 DEBUG (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.core] Processing task: StatesContextIDMigrationTask()
app_1  | 2023-04-05 22:24:14.475 DEBUG (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Migrating states context_ids to binary format
app_1  | 2023-04-05 22:24:14.922 DEBUG (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Migrating states context_ids to binary format: done=False
app_1  | 2023-04-05 22:24:14.922 DEBUG (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.core] Processing task: EntityIDMigrationTask()
app_1  | 2023-04-05 22:24:14.923 DEBUG (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Migrating entity_ids
app_1  | 2023-04-05 22:24:15.383 DEBUG (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Migrating entity_ids done=False
app_1  | 2023-04-05 22:24:15.383 DEBUG (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.core] Processing task: StatesContextIDMigrationTask()
app_1  | 2023-04-05 22:24:15.383 DEBUG (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Migrating states context_ids to binary format
app_1  | 2023-04-05 22:24:15.800 DEBUG (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Migrating states context_ids to binary format: done=False
app_1  | 2023-04-05 22:24:15.801 DEBUG (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.core] Processing task: EntityIDMigrationTask()
app_1  | 2023-04-05 22:24:15.801 DEBUG (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Migrating entity_ids

Yes its doing them in batches to avoid overloading the system. Its slower but it allows for online migration. I expect you have a very large database (or slow disk). Iā€™d let it run overnight and check it in the morning.

1 Like

Tile card feature development is agonizingly slow. The front end needs to mature way faster in general. The fact that I need custom button card and card mod for most UI tweaks is crazy. Why canā€™t I have a tile card that slides vertically? The popup UI has it, so wth? Why canā€™t I just not have an icon in tile card? Why canā€™t I change the width of sliders with a simple parameter change vs card mod? Why canā€™t I justā€¦use the slider UI without all the extras, for that matter?

2 Likes

So all in all, how to hide top bar on both web and Android companion app? I used to use minimalist-mobile theme, but today it broke, which is even worse for my LG clock 2 devices, where top bar eats 20% of space.

Looks like no one of HA devs uses any mods at all.

Yeah, my database is about 11Gb. Since the migration notification went away, I thought I could have expected that it would be completely finished. I guess Iā€™ll just wait and see.

The update appears to have broken the mobile left-edge swipe-in gesture for expanding collapsed sidebar nav menu. Super hoping this is a temporary feature loss with the complete removal of polymer?

The HA header is hidden on all of our mobile phones (along with sidebar expand menu button in the header). Since there is no happy medium between the mutually exclusive choice of a dashboard view title or icon button, and anyway the hass-swipe-navigation is so much better for phones.

1 Like

Nice release. Upgrading from the beta now.

Same here. Mine is also now covering rest of the cards

2 Likes

What do you use to hide top bar?

I use mushroom menu chip to open menu BTW.

Thank you team for another great update! I was affected by the Kiosk Mode custom component but luckily that was a 1min fix, other than that flawless!

I have around 20% memory usage drop on RPI3 with this release, thank you! :grinning:

3 Likes

Same here.

Can the macros defined in the custom_templates folder be used in the yaml files as well or just only in the Template section of Developer Tools?