2023.4: Custom template macros, and many more new entity dialogs!

you need to move to the forked and very active repo.
there’s a compiled beta at kiosk-mode compatible with Home Assistant 2023.4 · GitHub

but for ease, install that in a separate folder and have your system point to that. HACS is difficult to override with these files.

There will probably be a release anytime soon available via HACS though

2 Likes
2 Likes

if you find the issue, let me know :slight_smile:

mostly a solid release, thanks for that! loving the way HA is going with the more-info-dialogs.

however i run into the same issues like everyone who is using a bottom-navigation-bar on mobile.
i don´t get why modifying the nav-bar, like moving it to the bottom, isn´t a standart feature yet.
guess we all miss custom-header :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I created an issue.

1 Like

after instalation 2023.4 mqtt stop works .when I try restart i have this message .help

Check your configuration.yaml file. Comment two lines (broker and discovery), as per below:

mqtt:
#  broker: 192.168.xxx.xxx
#  discovery: true
1 Like

Hello all

Is there some reason for the Alarmo pannel not loading after the update?
How we have all the configs and actions control now?

I see no error in logs, when i click the alarmo dashboard says loading but nothing comes up.

Thanks

+1

Logger: homeassistant.components.utility_meter.sensor
Source: components/utility_meter/sensor.py:438 
Integration: Nutsmeter (documentation, issues) 
First occurred: 10:15:29 (25 occurrences) 
Last logged: 10:17:43

Invalid state (unavailable > 24.6149)
Invalid state (unavailable > 368.3253)
Invalid state (unavailable > 349.50390000000004)
Invalid state (unavailable > 84.8711)
Invalid state (unavailable > 434.37500000000006)

in my case they’re all template sensors (as are yours), and they turn unavailable upon reload. so reloading templates triggers that warning time and time again.
seems Utility_meter has trouble handling those situations

1 Like

Is this really your first message on this forum?

Wow you joined the forum just to be rude, well done.

Yes it was and your post has been deleted. Please be civil in future.

Barely - no explanation of context, no logs, and no description of what you expected to see. If you provide that information, then I’m sure people will try to help

1 Like

Hi,
Decluttering-card seems to stop working with the nex version. Has someone the same problem?

The main MQTT information can only be integrated from the UI

If I remember correctly, your configuration was migrated to the UI, so all you need to do is remove broker: ip from your configuration.yaml and you should be good to go.

1 Like

Please update your custom cards.

Regarding this:

2023-04-06 13:52:18.037 WARNING (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.202304050] WARNING: Polymer will be removed from window in Home Assistant 2023.5. More info: Deprecating Polymer | Home Assistant Developer Docs

Agree, this warning is not helpful, we cannot see which card causes this.

Replacing /config/www/community/kiosk-mode/kiosk-mode.js with the one here then restarting HA, clearing your browser caches works. No need to amend any lovelace references anywhere.

1 Like

See here

I’m fairly certain it’s not possible to see what’s using the the resource. All HA can see is that someone is loading it.