2023.5 Broke Ecowitt?

In which way I have to change this line?

registry = await async_get_entity_registry(self.hass)

You need to be on local network with your ecowitt GW to be able to add custom server.
Btw - I use ecowitt on different HA instances. I know there are dockers/plugins to resend the values to multiple mqtt brokers, but I found it to be too much overhead for what I want. So instead, on my primary HA, I use built in integration. On second, I do restful and poll ecowitt station every 60 seconds.

Thanks for the info but seems to be a lot of work for only have this integration working. If it’s only a parameter to be fixed, I’ll wait for it.

Edit: just as @noah.guilbault posted earlier, I modified line 21 in init.py (found in config\custom_components\ecowitt) and voilĂ , all is working as before :slight_smile:

What entities does it create by default? The integration on the integration page doesn’t show anything but I can get a 405 error from the browser with the webhook URL that I’ve set in the Ecowitt so I know it’s going all the way through my proxy. I want to check developer tools to see if any of the entities are showing there.

With the built-in integration, after setup, does the webhook created need to be enabled? I see this:

Yes, exactly

Your choice of course which way you want to go, however installing the NGINX plugin and defining a Proxy Host is easier than editing the file on a no longer supported HACs plugin,
IMHO.

I have not enabled the webhook in that panel, mainly because I don’t know where you find that panel.
Can you guide me to where you see the ‘webhooks’ listed as you captured, then I can tell you if mine is enabled or not :-/

I update to 5.2 and after that the new installation of Ecowitt does not work. I get the setup box for port and name ad after that the box changed to " UNKNOWN ERROR OCCURED"
That happens if use the original init or what @noah.guilbault posted earlier,
( I modified line 21 in init.py (found in config\custom_components\ecowitt) and voilĂ , all is working as before)
What can I do ?
I have NGINX installed and can accsess via the 8123 port my https site.
But I am still confused what I shoul do. Thx for help

Works like charm! Thank you

Thanks, this fixed the issue for me too

I have yet to see any devices in the integration. I’m running this through the proxy as I do other HA stuff. What devices does it create? I’ve been messing with this for hours and it just isn’t working. I can go to the webhook URL in a browser and it gives me an expected 405 error as I’m not sending any post data. Just need to understand why nothing shows up in the integration.

Can you post screenshot of how you configured your weather station and integration?

Is this a screenshot from the add-on UI? Does it have the same UI as NGINX Proxy Manager?

LE: Sorry, didn’t notice that NGINX Proxy Manager is also available as and add-on.

It’s all working again. My issue was that I had SSL enabled in Home Assistant itself. Ecowitt doesn’t like this. Using the proxy manager in this way meant that the traffic from the ecowitt was still being sent via SSL (redirected by the proxy). Since the ecowitt integration cannot use SSL, this failed. What I ended up doing was disabling SSL entries on HA itself, pointing the ecowitt directly to port 8123 of HA and it started working. I still use Nginx Proxy to point to HA, but changed from https to http. I go to an SSL URL for HA in my browser/app that hits the proxy over SSL and then goes to HA via non-ssl. Is this the best method security-wise…maybe not. But since the proxy and HA are in my local network, the attack vectors are mitigated somewhat.

1 Like

You did this to me! /teasing I used your video to set it up. lol I do not look forward to updating to the built in version but that’s the right path. Better to do it before the HACS version is deprecated. I may have even more sensors and automatons by then.

I wonder if people not realizing there are two versions has something to do with some not being able to set it up correctly in the first place. Seems setup is a bit different because of ports.

I don’t believe there was an “official” integration when I first set mine up more than a year ago (or longer). There wasn’t any reason to change it until it broke. Now I’m all good on the official integration.

1 Like

Same here!

Thanks. Not only did it fix the integration I learned something new in the process!

1 Like

Hello, I’ve done that, and it did not work.
When I try on my local network http://IP:8123 I dont have any answer.

I use duckdns for generating the certificate and I only managed to copy the certificate and import to NPM, so it was supposed to work, I dont know if there is any other easy way to do it…

I’ve been using the custom integration without any issue, now after the updated installed the new one, and I cannot get this working… Thanks!