2023.5: Let's talk!

@kg23 and @BartGysens . I’m sure that your issue is related with this.

Waiting for config entry platforms

In the version 2022.4.6 you should have a warning like this:

Detected integration that called async_setup_platforms instead of awaiting async_forward_entry_setups; this will fail in version 2023.3. Please report issue to the custom integration author for….

THANK YOU! Deleting the folder is the solution. after that the installation of the unifi protect went well.

1 Like

keep forgetting to post this…

since this 2023.5 update my HAOS system is way slower in responding to the initial smb connection (on my Mac) than before. It was mostly instantaneous, but currently takes about 6-8 seconds. Still no 1st world problem, but very noticeable regression.

No log, just slower.
Using the stock Samba share add-on.

Does anyone else experience this?

Not via Ethernet(for me), Accessing Samba Share from another Ethernet connected Device, thou startup/reboot of HA system takes much longer time now, before it’s “available” from any devices

PS: i have a shortcut on another Windows-laptop(Ethernet Connected), notice NO port-number !

Yes. It is considerably slower than I remember.

indeed, very noticeable.

so how and where do we report that, without anything else than our memory, and no logs to share…

:man_shrugging:

Did you have to re-add/reconfigure all your devices?

edit: to answer my own question, nope. I made a backup of config/custom_components/localtuya, deleted the folder, restarted HA, installed it through HACS and rebooted. All my localtuya devices worked right away after that.

added an issue on the Samba share Samba add-on slower on initial connect · Issue #3043 · home-assistant/addons · GitHub

2 Likes

Had to downgrade as well. Zigbee and Z-Wave automations did not always work.

1 Like

To clarify, delete (or move) the nest custom component located at config/custom_components/nest and restart HA to start using the built in core nest support. You will need to go to integrations and set up again using the Cloud Console etc.
Then update to 2023.5.x and Nest is working (Doorbell and thermostat for me)

1 Like

any ideas how to troubleshoot my install? I have tried updating twice now, reverting back each time, With the latest update my ha just keeps restarting with nothing in logs… I have read breaking changes and all possible docs with regards to this upgrade, even moved away from Maria addon to native sql light… nada think the only thing I can do is wait until another update? This has not been a good update at all… there are some fundamental and significant changes that have not been considered or documented properly…

After update to.3 this is very active……:

Logger: root
Source: runner.py:179 
First occurred: 20:42:42 (3098 occurrences) 
Last logged: 21:19:29

A message handler raised an exception: 'org.bluez.Device1'. Traceback (most recent call last): File "src/dbus_fast/message_bus.py", line 811, in dbus_fast.message_bus.BaseMessageBus._process_message File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/bleak/backends/bluezdbus/manager.py", line 854, in _parse_msg condition_callback() File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/bleak/backends/bluezdbus/manager.py", line 709, in callback self._properties[device_path][defs.DEVICE_INTERFACE][property_name] KeyError: 'org.bluez.Device1'

Since the update, I’ve had issues with my Reimann Sum helpers becoming unavailable. I’ve re-done them to get the data working, but they continually go “unavailable”. This seems to be connected with no data situations. For example a smart plug on a dryer - the helper becomes unavailable when the plug is still powered by the dryer is not running.

Is this normal now?

Usually that means the Bluetooth adapter has disappeared from the system.

Try unplugging the adapter and plugging it back in again.

If that doesn’t fix it, shutdown, remove power, restore power, and start back up

thx.
how strange, because all of my BT devices seem ok, and even the BT integration is listing the stick and the adapter inside the PC without errors.

Ill take the steps and see what gives.

Same here, Tuya integration is broken, and the scenes from the Tuya app are no longer shown in HA, for now I downgraded to 2023.4.6

1 Like

energi dashboard broken. history is gone and numbers is totaly of. is it my install or is it the update?

andy

restored my backup and energi is back. but i lost some hours…