2023.5: Let's talk!

Since this update this is broken:

1 Like

Open an issue.

that was my main ask in the beta on this subject, and not yet resolved.
Other than via Yaml, how can we add exposed entities to a specific room in GA via the UI.

I still have that configured via yaml, and because of that could only configure the aliases via UI (on those entities generically). Resulting in a split config… entities and rooms via yaml, aliases via UI.

As someone was pointing out on github, a temporary workaround is to downgrade to version 0.6. It worked for me. Still have to check if this version can be uninstalled, though. Stupid question maybe, but I cannot find any other Ecowitt integration. Does the one installed via HACS somehow replace the official one? Do I have to uninstall it first in order to see the official one?

Also happened to me. I did not run any of the betas. Trying to restore now.

Great news! Thank you for the integration. Do you think it will be possible to also add emptying bin for models that support it?

Anyone having problem with mqtt devices lost after update?

When i am restoring back to previus version is ok, after update some devices are lost, although i can see them through an MQTT explorer, that are working fine.

After the severe security incident I am no longer exposing my Home Assistant to the world - not through NabuCasa or through my own fixed IP even though I have SSL certificates for my webserver

I now only use 192.168 IP address.

It is all browsers that report this microphone limitation so it is something Home Assistant imposes. Can’t we have the microphone available on http (not https) when the URL is a local IP range?

6 Likes

You will need the custom integration for that I suspect. That includes service calls. The developer indicated functionalities will be added over time to core.

https://github.com/humbertogontijo/homeassistant-roborock

I’ve used the custom with my S7 for over a month, it can do everything and more than the official app.

As far as I remember you have to remove the HACS one before enabling the official one. It is not fully transparent unfortunately as it had to adjust some things to the HA dev standards, main difference is that entity ids and names will change so you’ll have to adjust your dashboards, automations etc. But overall it covers all sensors that were there in HACS.

2 Likes

Hi everyone, since my update last night to core_2023.4.5 HassIO, several add-ons/integrations (EcoFlow, OpenmediaVault, GoogleNest, localtuya) broke with this message, ex. OMV:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 387, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
  File "/config/custom_components/openmediavault/init.py", line 37, in async_setup_entry
    hass.config_entries.async_setup_platforms(config_entry, PLATFORMS)
AttributeError: 'ConfigEntries' object has no attribute 'async_setup_platforms'

This should help:

webrtc - How to access Camera and Microphone in Chrome without HTTPS? - Stack Overflow

Granted I can’t get the microphone working on the Android app, but everything working fine on Chrome/Edge once you configure the above.

Then put an issue on the “toggle control button row” gothub page. It is not an HA issue.

Read the thread, yes it has been noticed.

Hey All, Does anyone have issues with the Zigbee Home Automation integration (ZHA). Since this update, I do not have any zigbee devices and it is throwing those errors - Error setting up entry SONOFF Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus V2, s/n: 20220712155050 - ITEAD for zha. Tried rebooting, removing and adding the USB, disable and enable the Integration. tried to migrate the radio but it is still not working.

Interestingly that I can not even do a manual backup - Button Greyed out, not sure where the automatic one is saved so that I can safely remove the integration and restore it

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 387, in async_setup
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/__init__.py", line 122, in async_setup_entry
    await zha_gateway.async_initialize()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/gateway.py", line 230, in async_initialize
    self.async_load_devices()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/gateway.py", line 238, in async_load_devices
    zha_device = self._async_get_or_create_device(zigpy_device, restored=True)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/gateway.py", line 570, in _async_get_or_create_device
    zha_device = ZHADevice.new(self._hass, zigpy_device, self, restored)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/device.py", line 408, in new
    zha_dev = cls(hass, zigpy_dev, gateway)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/device.py", line 153, in __init__
    self._endpoints[ep_id] = Endpoint.new(endpoint, self)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/endpoint.py", line 109, in new
    endpoint.add_all_cluster_handlers()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/endpoint.py", line 140, in add_all_cluster_handlers
    cluster_handler = cluster_handler_class(cluster, self)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/cluster_handlers/general.py", line 358, in __init__
    super().__init__(cluster, endpoint)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/cluster_handlers/__init__.py", line 133, in __init__
    attr_def: ZCLAttributeDef = self.cluster.attributes_by_name[
KeyError: 'on_off'
Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: components/zha/core/gateway.py:205
First occurred: 11:16:46 AM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:26:03 AM

Error setting up entry SONOFF Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus V2, s/n: 20220712155050 - ITEAD for zha
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/bellows/uart.py", line 268, in reset
    return await self._reset_future
asyncio.exceptions.CancelledError

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/__init__.py", line 122, in async_setup_entry
    await zha_gateway.async_initialize()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/gateway.py", line 220, in async_initialize
    raise exc
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/gateway.py", line 205, in async_initialize
    self.application_controller = await app_controller_cls.new(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy/application.py", line 219, in new
    await app.startup(auto_form=auto_form)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy/application.py", line 193, in startup
    await self.connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/bellows/zigbee/application.py", line 130, in connect
    self._ezsp = await bellows.ezsp.EZSP.initialize(self.config)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/bellows/ezsp/__init__.py", line 112, in initialize
    await ezsp._startup_reset()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/bellows/ezsp/__init__.py", line 103, in _startup_reset
    await self.reset()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/bellows/ezsp/__init__.py", line 132, in reset
    await self._gw.reset()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/bellows/uart.py", line 267, in reset
    async with asyncio_timeout(RESET_TIMEOUT):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/async_timeout/__init__.py", line 129, in __aexit__
    self._do_exit(exc_type)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/async_timeout/__init__.py", line 212, in _do_exit
    raise asyncio.TimeoutError
asyncio.exceptions.TimeoutError

nope, I didn’t run the betas. Luckily I just grabbed the list from the old cloud storage file so it wasn’t too painful.

Mine seems to work OK. I have just done a simple Service call Notification to one of my Alexas and it works.

service: notify.alexa_media_show_1stgen
data:
  data:
    type: tts

I’ve read that it is the browsers that force this, which is reasonable as sending voice unencrypted is also not really a good idea

My Atom Echo doesn’t work for assist, only for media playing.
Pushing on the button is recognized by home assistant, but no led lights up nor any speech is sent to home assistant.
No errors visible in esphome
Does anyone know, what the error might be?

after HA update the MariaDB update to 2.6.0 appeared. Clicked it but it appears to hang. Anyone seeing that too, no errors in log. Not sure what to do really, and if a HA restart would hurt the add-on process