2023.6: Network storage, favorite light colors, new integrations dashboard

I was just confused because yours has a higher version number (6.7.10 vs 6.7.8).

But yeah, the repo hasn’t changed in 2 years so I guess that’s probably the right one.

I’ll try to look for the firmware I used over the weekend and update you via direct message!

1 Like

My MQTT is also acting strange. Back to previous version also.

My HA OS doesn’t come up after the update. Last thing I saw in the UI was the Navimow integration starting up before it crashed. I am not on site so can’t look into it. SSH access is gone as well. Bummer :frowning:

Dear @frenck

Yes!
That was the reason.

I deleted the custom integration.
After that, DWD weather warnings could be set up error-free via the graphical user interface

1 Like

MQTT sensor configurations that still use last_reset_topic will fail. The support was deprecated in Home Assistant 2021.11 and is now removed. Users should use last_reset_value_template instead.

Can anyone point me in a direction to fix this?

mqtt:
  sensor:
    - name: "Growatt outputpower"
      state_topic: "growatt/data"
      value_template: "{{ value_json.outputpower }}"
      unit_of_measurement: "W"
      device_class: "energy"
      state_class: "measurement"
      last_reset_topic: "growatt/data"
      last_reset_value_template: "{{ as_datetime('1970-01-01T00:00:00+00:00') }}"

If I remove the “last_reset_topic” then the sensor is no longer available in the energy dashboard.
I can’t find how to set up this without using “last_reset_topic”

The BOSCH thermostat is not loading anymore. All sensors and entities are dead. Some ppl report it has to do with a bug in python 3.11.X…

Will this be fixed soon by HA?

that came up during early beta, and was well considered:

not a fluke, but agreed, it could be more obvious, and indeed hope it can at one time be made to work like the template: top level integration

btw: command_line: new yaml structure is different from a more conventional structure · Issue #94306 · home-assistant/core · GitHub same would go for your ‘issue’, which it is not according to the definitions used in this project. ‘Weird’ as you might find it, it is not even broken, so does not need a fix, nor an issue in the issue-tracker…

FYI: this issue has already been raised and addressed. Not sure how long does it take to ship it as an update though.

https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/94046

btw 2023.6.1 fixed the HomeKit Controler issue, so I am glad to once again be able to control my Somfy blinds/covers locally :wink: thx jc2k and bdraco

The selection mode of picking the color temperature has also been changed. The mode before with selecting the temperature with a slider was much better :frowning:
Now, finding the right temperature is hard

6 Likes

If you want a specific temperature, why not call the service directly?

It might be a nice feature request to make the temp text an editable box so you could type in a temperature on that page without having to use dev tools to call the service

1 Like

Nice release. Just wondering. Will it ever be possible, if streaming audio and a notification comes through, to continue the audio out of the box?

2 Likes

Not supported in docker setups, it is supported in Hass OS with rpi4

You can determine a device id through the UI in the developer tools - templates tab.

{{ device_id(‘light.bathroom’) }}

Assuming you know the entity id.

1 Like

You can already do this with Google devices (Home / Nest speakers etc.)

Great update, many thanks!

But… Is there any way to delete those default favorite light colors? I have no need for that on pretty much every light/group, having them on every single dialog is pointless and not a good look. I don’t feel like removing all favorites on all dialogs for all lights and groups on all dashboard one by one…

4 Likes

Just installed the update. All seems fine. Great work guys!

Loving the new Integrations page. Big improvement!

I also love it when I can set unique IDs for devices so I can assign them to areas. So the new Command Line format is great.

Hi, my experience is that when i’m streaming audio true HA and then a HA notification fires, after the notification the audio doesn’t continue/start playing again.
There are self made scripts but I haven’t been able to use them.

The return of the the information on when an entity was last change, in v2023.6.1 is great. But how about also telling us who/what caused it to change?
I have several switches that frequently change, mostly because they should, but sometimes I can see that an entity state has changed, but I cannot figure out why. Neither the log nor the history tells me anything beyond state values and time of change. I need to know what caused it to change!

1 Like