2023.6: Network storage, favorite light colors, new integrations dashboard

Is anybody else experiencing problems with the ‘Circadian Lighting’ custom component? Since the latest update (I have also installed 2023.6.1) my circadian switches report an error when trying to turn them on;

Failed to call service switch/turn_on. Passing coroutines is forbidden use tasks explicitly.

I have Circadian installed via HACS and it is up to date as far as I can tell. Here is an example from the logs;

2023-06-09 10:00:26.483 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.util.logging] Exception in _update_switch when dispatching 'circadian_lighting_update': ()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/config/custom_components/circadian_lighting/switch.py", line 322, in _update_switch
    await self._adjust_lights(lights or self._lights, transition)
  File "/config/custom_components/circadian_lighting/switch.py", line 377, in _adjust_lights
    await asyncio.wait(tasks)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/asyncio/tasks.py", line 415, in wait
    raise TypeError("Passing coroutines is forbidden, use tasks explicitly.")
TypeError: Passing coroutines is forbidden, use tasks explicitly.

I appreciate this is something better reported in the Circadian repo, I just wanted to check if anyone else has experienced this as it’s a very obvious one when you notice your lights are way brighter than normal at bedtime and I understood it to be quite a popular component.

this is not working for me, any help would be appreciated, thanks:

configuration.yaml:

command_line: !include_dir_merge_list _command_line/

_command_line/notify_service.yaml

- notify:
    name: 'grafanastart'
    command: "sudo /bin/systemctl start grafana-server"
- notify:
    name: 'grafanastop'
    command: "sudo /bin/systemctl stop grafana-server"
- notify:
    name: 'influxdbstart'
    command: "sudo /bin/systemctl start influxdb"
- notify:
    name: 'influxdbstop'
    command: "sudo /bin/systemctl stop influxdb"

It’s a custom integration so not a HA issue. See directly with the integration maintainer

believe during beta the suggestion was already made to change to a slider?

You would need to change your existing automations/scripts but this is now possible. Use the ‘broadcast’ service.

Hello! Please tell me what the problem may be. After the update on 2023.06, errors appeared:

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:377
First occurred: 12:34:53 (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:34:53

Unable to prepare setup for platform xiaomi_miot_raw.switch: Platform not found (Exception importing custom_components.xiaomi_miot_raw.switch).
Unable to prepare setup for platform xiaomi_miot_raw.number: Platform not found (Exception importing custom_components.xiaomi_miot_raw.number).
Unable to prepare setup for platform xiaomi_miot_raw.select: Platform not found (Exception importing custom_components.xiaomi_miot_raw.select).

are the errors related to the update, or is the integration just broken?

That custom integration is broken on Python 3.11+

1 Like

are those hidden attributes ? I now discover there’s no mentioning of color temp etc in the attributes dropdown

min_color_temp_kelvin: 2202
max_color_temp_kelvin: 4000
min_mireds: 250
max_mireds: 454
supported_color_modes:
  - color_temp
friendly_name: Bureau right
supported_features: 32
icon: mdi:desk-lamp-on
color_mode: color_temp
brightness: 233
color_temp_kelvin: 2801
color_temp: 357
hs_color:
rgb_color:
xy_color:

That’s from node red or actions outside HA. If you have state changes outside HA, they don’t tell you who did what. Node reds connection to HA treats does not create context.

Hello! This seems like a great release!

I am curious about the Python 3.11 performance improvements. I have not seen any actual measurements or metrics anywhere, and am curious if anyone has any specific numbers and examples to share.

Short of looking through the whole changelog (which I will try, but I doubt I will get much of the big picture), I’d also be interested more generally in the kinds of things that have better performance (loading times? backend request responses? automation triggeering? media streaming?). Glad to see that they did specifically mention SQLite!

Thank you!

I guess you are right, or it could possibly be from Alexa or Google Home ?
In which case the entity is controlled directly and HA only sees the state change, not knowing where it came from, right?

What does it means?

Schermata 2023-06-09 alle 13.04.07

I did not find anything related in the notes about 2023.6 release…

Nope, they would have context.

There is a breaking change section about the Command Line, so it is in release notes.

…/Frenck

3 Likes

@sesame26 @robertwigley @Duke_box @BertrumUK

I’ve created a temporary fix for the Bluetooth Tracker / PyBluez issue!
NOTE: It’s only intended for docker users, as that’s what I use, but maybe it could be adapted to help others.

I’ve posted It as a reply to this topic:

I have the same situation. Enabled a number of disabled entities but Solar Irradiance is not listed in the integration under enabled or disabled entities. Does anyone know whether that field is provided for all Accuweather locations or is it region/country specific? I am in Ireland.

Yeah it works for Ireland…I have it enabled

first update this year that doesn’t break anything for me. well, i get the “command line…” warning, but at least it’s clear what i have to do to fix it.

Command Line “Button” in addition to Switch will be interesting. :+1:

What is the path to use network folders in dashboards and automations ?
Default media folder are so broken, can’t read picture on a dashboard and www folder has cache so useless for picture, maybe network folder will change those big gaps…

Aha - interesting! Many thanks for valuable info :+1: