2023.6: Network storage, favorite light colors, new integrations dashboard

I’m following these directions but getting errors when trying to connect (mount) / step #5:

Logger: homeassistant.components.hassio
Source: components/hassio/websocket_api.py:130
Integration: Home Assistant Supervisor (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 12:02:22 PM (11 occurrences)
Last logged: 4:29:52 PM

Failed to to call /store -
Failed to to call /ingress/validate_session -
Failed to to call /mounts - Mounting frigate did not succeed. Check host logs for errors from mount or systemd unit mnt-data-supervisor-mounts-frigate.mount for details.

The host logs:

Has anyone else been successful at mounting a network drive for Frigate?

Yes, many users have. This error seems entirely unrelated to frigate though

The error looks like “connection refused”
This could be…

• path doesn’t exist on the Nas
  • credentials are not accepted by the Nas
  • the smb service is not enabled on the Nas.

Just some ideas to hopefully help you out.

1 Like

You cannot mount to a directory that already has files in it. That is why the error message is “because it is not empty”.

@ludeeus I have many hours trying to add my synology nas to the network storage with no success. I followed all the steps from creating a shared folder on the nas and adding the ip address of my HA server. I tried the nfc and samba options with no success.
I am running HA on proxmox server 8. My home assistant server is using the latest version
Here is a screen shot of the error I am receiving:
network
The log shows the following:

Logger: homeassistant.components.hassio
Source: components/hassio/websocket_api.py:130
Integration: Home Assistant Supervisor (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 3:23:28 AM (7 occurrences)
Last logged: 3:42:23 AM

Failed to to call /mounts - Could not unmount Nas1 due to: Transaction for mnt-data-supervisor-mounts-Nas1.mount/stop is destructive (mnt-data-supervisor-mounts-Nas1.mount has 'start' job queued, but 'stop' is included in transaction).
Failed to to call /mounts - Could not unmount Nas due to: Transaction for mnt-data-supervisor-mounts-Nas.mount/stop is destructive (mnt-data-supervisor-mounts-Nas.mount has 'start' job queued, but 'stop' is included in transaction).

I would be grateful if anyone can assist me resolving this issue. Thank you

We can’t see all of your config.

Sorry here is the the rest of the config :

I think it should be /volume1/Nas

Thank you for your assistance. The path syntax was wrong but also I had to allow HA server to access my Nas from the router firewall.

Yeah firewalling your nas wasn’t in the problem description LOL.

lol. Yes, indeed since I already did made a rule in my firewall to allow HA to access the server but with the port number. I went back after correcting the syntax of the path and just added just the ip address of the HA server and worked on the spot.
Do you know by chance the command to play a media file from the network storage in your smart tv?
I tried the following with no luck:

service: media_player.play_media
data:
  media_content_id: http://192.168.60.200:8123/local/Nas1/test.mp4
  media_content_type: url
target:
  entity_id: media_player.samsungtv

Update:
I got the correct url in case someone is needing it:
yourhomeassistanturl/media/local/nameofthenetworkstoragefolder/file
in my case is: http://192.168.60.200:8123/media/local/Nas1/test.mp4

Anyone managed to restore HA from backup which is on network storage?

I have trouble restoring backup which is on netowork storage. The backup is found under Backups, all fine, when choosing restart, the system halts with unaccessible CFIS SMB drive. I assume when HA restores it goes to safe mode which is then unable to access network storage.

I setup a NAS share back when this feature was released and am now trying to create a second one but it won’t let me. I have no idea what I’m doing wrong here so if someone can point me in the right direction, that would be great.

Existing / working connection:

New / not allowed connection:

NAS Folders:

Error log (host):

2024-03-28 01:42:34.814 homeassistant systemd[1]: Mounting Supervisor nfs mount: NAS_HomeAssistant...
2024-03-28 01:42:34.827 homeassistant mount[4091422]: mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting 192.168.0.15:/volume1/homes/homeassistant
2024-03-28 01:42:34.829 homeassistant systemd[1]: mnt-data-supervisor-mounts-NAS_HomeAssistant.mount: Mount process exited, code=exited, status=32/n/a
2024-03-28 01:42:34.830 homeassistant systemd[1]: mnt-data-supervisor-mounts-NAS_HomeAssistant.mount: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
2024-03-28 01:42:34.832 homeassistant systemd[1]: Failed to mount Supervisor nfs mount: NAS_HomeAssistant.

So the log suggests that HA is being refused, but almost everything is the same as the music folder share. The permissions in the NAS are all set the same as well (well actually, HA only has read permission for the music folder vs full read/write to this new one).

Perhaps compare the permissions of the two folders itself (from the parent folder’s side).

You’re running supervised, it seems, so you have access to the host: can you mount it manually from the host to another mount point?

I’ve checked that, everything is the same between the two folders.

I’m running HAOS.

Even trying to connect to a ‘movies’ folder with everything the same as the ‘music’ folder) other than the folder name) I can’t get it to work…

This movies folder has the exact same permissions as the music folder.

Right, it looked from the logs that it might be supervised. Do you have another host you can try and mount it on, just as a test?

That was going to be my suggestion. Odd.

Unfortunately, I don’t use HAOS and my mounts are set up directly in the host and not via the UI, so I’m afraid I won’t be able to help much more.

Currently I only have Windows machines up and running, but these do have those same folders linked as Network Drives. I can fire up a Linux build this weekend for testing.

NFS-Permissions for “homes” are set in the Control Panel on your Synology?
And did you try with SMB instead of NFS? Any luck when mounting /volume1/home ?

Armin

I tried again with the ‘movies’ folder using SMB, no luck.

2024-03-28 06:56:18.878 homeassistant systemd[1]: Mounting Supervisor cifs mount: NAS_HomeAssistant...
2024-03-28 06:56:18.884 homeassistant kernel: CIFS: Attempting to mount //192.168.0.15/movies
2024-03-28 06:56:18.888 homeassistant mount[157663]: mount error(95): Operation not supported
2024-03-28 06:56:18.888 homeassistant mount[157663]: Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) and kernel log messages (dmesg)
2024-03-28 06:56:18.888 homeassistant kernel: CIFS: VFS: \\192.168.0.15 Dialect not supported by server. Consider  specifying vers=1.0 or vers=2.0 on mount for accessing older servers
2024-03-28 06:56:18.889 homeassistant kernel: CIFS: VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -95
2024-03-28 06:56:18.889 homeassistant systemd[1]: mnt-data-supervisor-mounts-NAS_HomeAssistant.mount: Mount process exited, code=exited, status=32/n/a
2024-03-28 06:56:18.889 homeassistant systemd[1]: mnt-data-supervisor-mounts-NAS_HomeAssistant.mount: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
2024-03-28 06:56:18.890 homeassistant systemd[1]: Failed to mount Supervisor cifs mount: NAS_HomeAssistant.

I’ve tried all sorts of combinations for the share name too \, , /, // nothing works.

Which version of DSM do you have on the Synology ( I assume it is a Synology, the screenshot looks like that)?
it seems it does not like the version of the SMB-Protocol you are trying to connect with

in Synology Control-Panel/File-Services/SMB/Advanced Settings. What do you have as Minimum/Maximum SMB protocol? Can you provide a screenshot for the “General”-Tab in Advanced Settings

Armin

1 Like